Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th or 15th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which region is stronger, The 14th or the 15th?
I think the 14th by far. In the head to head matchups the fourteenth has won more games. The fifteenth is just top heavy not solid from maybe fourth place down. The 14th is deeper, with teams like JBS, Hazard, Perry Central, Powell, Lee, KCC,Breathitt, Even there lower teams are no push over.
Shelby Valley puts the 15th on top
I'd give a slight edge to the 15th. among the strength of the top teams, But from top to bottom the 14 is stronger.

SValley Fan

I dont understand this...15th has SV and thats it and the others are ok...14th has 3 very good teams and the rest are ok
Shelby Valley and Paintsville can play with anyone in the mountains, Jc and belfry are the best of the rest in the 15th.
14th by far, all the 15th has is Paintsville and SV, and the 14th has got JBS, Hazard, Breathitt, Powell, Lee, Knott, Estill, the 15th has 2 good teams, and the others are just pretty much middle of the road, JC isnt to good this year

SValley Fan

Yea i agree wit Windmill. 14th seems better than 15th
windmill Wrote:14th by far, all the 15th has is Paintsville and SV, and the 14th has got JBS, Hazard, Breathitt, Powell, Lee, Knott, Estill, the 15th has 2 good teams, and the others are just pretty much middle of the road, JC isnt to good this year

oh so Belfry is middle of the road?.. Yet they only lost to Hazard by 13, (WITHOUT THIER FOOTBALL PLAYERS) & Hazard with thiers...
Where do you guys come up with stuff?...
Coz you sure haven't seen them play...
14th!
mrfootball03...powell beat belfry in the johnson central tournament...they lead by 20 much of the game!!!!!
ALLDAY Wrote:mrfootball03...powell beat belfry in the johnson central tournament...they lead by 20 much of the game!!!!!

and wow.. they only won by 4... hmm... a middle of the road team, beat by 4, by a good 14th power...

Powell also lost to Magoffin County too... which who beat them?.. Oh yeah thats right... Belfry... hmmm Confusedhh:
the way u talk Belfry is the second best team in that region...and powell dominated the game, it was not as close as the score showed....and the Magoffin game was a joke, Powell already had there 3rd place trophy and was content. Belfry needs to find another scoring option besides Case, and they can be a very good team.
ALLDAY Wrote:the way u talk Belfry is the second best team in that region...and powell dominated the game, it was not as close as the score showed....and the Magoffin game was a joke, Powell already had there 3rd place trophy and was content. Belfry needs to find another scoring option besides Case, and they can be a very good team.

They very well could be the 2nd best team.. theres no way to really find out for sure, until regional tourney...
It was as close as the score indicated, i'm sure reserves weren't left in when Belfry made a run.. No coach is that stupid..

Oh yeah right.. Powell let Mogoffin win... they were content.. That game prolly wasn't like it ended either.. Powell played til they decided Magoffin needed it more..
get real guy.. you play to win everynight, or you don't deserve the play..

But also.. why do we discuss whos better 14th or 15th?... Its not like in matters in the post season, because I don't think they will meet in the Sweet 16.. niether region is that good.. and that draw won't happen..

But like I said.. Belfry should be included with the top teams of 14th & 15th.. Because they can play with any of those teams..

I think the 15th has 3 good top teams, (4 if Pikeville is WITH Honaker)..
Also, if the 15th is so weak, or not up to par with the 14th.. how does Powell only beat JC by 2 in overtime?..

JC is what people on here say as, "just okay", or "not very good"..

So how is Powell good, by only beating a "not very good" Johnson Central team by 2 in OT...

Sounds to me.. either both are not very good, or both or good... which is it guys?
Lets put it this way I'll matchup the teams from the 14th and 15th and lets see who would win more games if they played: I'm not gonna say who I think is best but I will post who I honestly think would win these games.

Note:Best possible matchup, Has nothing to do with the ratings.
Game 1:
SV Vs. Hazard--Shelby Valley(we'll have to see what happens in the WYMT)
Game 2:
Paintsville Vs. Breathitt--Paintsville
Game 3:
Belfry Vs. PCC--PCC
Game 4:
Pikeville Vs. JBS--JBS
Game 5:
Phelps Vs. Lee Co--Lee Co.
Game 6:
Allen Central Vs. Buckhorn--AC
Game 7:
Lawrence Co. Vs. Powell--Powell
Game 8:
Johnson Central Vs. Letcher CC--JC
Game 9:
Pike Central Vs. Estill Co.--Estill Co.
Game 10:
Magoffin Vs. Knott--Magoffin
Game 11:
East Ridge Vs. Cordia--East Ridge
Game 12:
South Floyd Vs. Owsley Co.--SF
Game 13:
Prestonsburg Vs. Jackson City--Jackson City
Game 14:
Betsy Layne Vs. Leslie Co.--BL
Game 15:
Sheldon Clark Vs. Jenkins--Sheldon Clark
Game 16:
Piarist Vs. Wolfe--Wolfe
Game 17:
David Vs. Riverside-Riverside

15th wins 9 of these games and the 14th wins 8, but thats just according to my predictions, anyone else see it any differently??

Honestly I think the 15th has the stronger teams this season, but thats just my opinion.
I would have to disagree with a few of these:

Game 1:
SV Vs. Hazard--Shelby Valley --Hazard
Game 2:
Game 3:
Belfry Vs. PCC--PCC
Game 4:
Pikeville Vs. JBS--JBS
Game 5:
Game 6:
Game 7:
Game 8:
Game 9:
Game 10:
Magoffin Vs. Knott--Knott
Game 11:
East Ridge Vs. Cordia--Cordia
Game 12:
Game 13:
Game 14:
Betsy Layne Vs. Leslie Co.--Leslie
Game 15:
Game 16:
Piarist Vs. Wolfe--Wolfe
Game 17:

I have it 11-6 14th region.
kccfan Wrote:I would have to disagree with a few of these:

Game 1:
Game 2:
Game 3:
Belfry Vs. PCC--PCC
Game 4:
Pikeville Vs. JBS--JBS
Game 5:
Game 6:
Game 7:
Game 8:
Game 9:
Game 10:
Game 11:
Game 12:
Game 13:
Game 14:
Game 15:
Game 16:
Piarist Vs. Wolfe--Wolfe
Game 17:

Can't wait til SV beats Hazard.. at least it would put this 14th vs. 15th to rest...
Also, I think SV, BL, ER, Belfry, Magoffin all would pull wins in this matchups
In the WYMT, Shelby Valley, (15th) plays Hazard, (14th) along with Pikeville, (15th) and PCC, (14th) lets wait and see what happens between those two games. If the 15th region teams win both, then when Shelby Valley beats JBS, I guess the 15th will be shown to be the strongest region. I dont know who the winner of the Pikeville, PCC game will play.
Only time shall tell my friends..Only time shall tell!

SValley Fan

mrfootball03 Wrote:Can't wait til SV beats Hazard.. at least it would put this 14th vs. 15th to rest...
Also, I think SV, BL, ER, Belfry, Magoffin all would pull wins in this matchups
What if Shelby Valley beats Hazard and then lose to JBS????
Is Hazard considered the best team in the 14th? What about PCC, where are they ranked in the 14th? Shelby Valley is ranked 1st in the 15th, with Pikeville 5th or 6th.

SValley Fan

BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Is Hazard considered the best team in the 14th? What about PCC, where are they ranked in the 14th? Shelby Valley is ranked 1st in the 15th, with Pikeville 5th or 6th.
Hazard was 1st until they got beat by Breathitt....It depends on who u ask....Its either Hazard,JBS, or Breathitt

SValley Fan

Pcc is like 4th or 5th...but to one poll I seen they were 1st in the region and dont ask me how
To me SV hazard paintsville and pcc are the 4 tops. Not sure whos better between Hazard and pcc, but those are clearly the top 4. Any of the other teams in each region can beat each other on any given night. THose 4 pretty much are locks. As for whose the best, I think YOu have to base on who each play out of they're weak regions at seasons end and see their records. Because after the top level teams which these 4 are, there is a dramatic drop.

SValley Fan

In the 14th its all about Hazard, JBS, and Breathitt
the 14th region is stronger the 15th has about 3 good teams the 14th has about 7 or 8 teams that are all good teams

SValley Fan

allthewayhome Wrote:the 14th region is stronger the 15th has about 3 good teams the 14th has about 7 or 8 teams that are all good teams
Idk about the 15th but with the 14th Id say they have 4 or 5 good teams
kccfan Wrote:I would have to disagree with a few of these:

Game 1:
Game 2:
Game 3:
Belfry Vs. PCC--PCC
Game 4:
Pikeville Vs. JBS--JBS
Game 5:
Game 6:
Game 7:
Game 8:
Game 9:
Game 10:
Game 11:
Game 12:
Game 13:
Game 14:
Game 15:
Game 16:
Piarist Vs. Wolfe--Wolfe
Game 17:

I can't disagree, thet could very well be how it is.:thumpsup:
Hazard will be SV, and PCC will beat Pikeville, and for up there, im pretty sure Owsley could give SF a game, and Jenkins could beat SC too, 14th is by far stronger
Pages: 1 2