Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Central 63 Prestonsburg 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pike Central 63 Prestonsburg 57

Final
That's alot closer, sounds like both teams had a good effort last night.
Closer than i expected.
I guess this game must have shocked all of those Hawk fans who predicted a blow out. I think some one said in an early form that the only reason the game was close was because PC missed a lot of lay ups and they did miss a few but so did the cats. My count was 10 lay ups=20pts. The real difference in the game was free throws- PC 24of27 and Cats 14of24. The cats look much better running the offense in this one. I though Patton played a good game on the inside posting, rebounding, blocking shots and Hall played well even hitting a couple of 3s and taking the ball to the basket. I also thought Hughes looked to be getting into the flow a looking more like the Hughes of old. Martin in the starting line up looks to be a big help for the Cats. Some progress made but still have steps to take. Cats forced 21 to by PC but to many turnovers by the Cats.
Prestonsburg reminds me of Allen Central last season, a team trying to put together a solid effort for 4 quarters. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see this team do something by March.
gratz
congrats to the Hawks...but idk what is wrong with that team...they shot terrible and make way to many turnovers, looked they were playing more of a pick up game then true competitve basketball...they had no heart in this game and just kind of go with the flow no emotion shown by them...P-Burg is a very physical team i actually thought P-Burg played like a better team then PC...the thing that won the game for PC is called a little something called early offence...the looked for their outlets on the wings after rebounds and forced turnovers and won the game off of run outs...both teams need alot of work IMO...
i agree 15th
Congrats Pike Central.
Congrats Pike Central.
Great play blackcats. I am really proud of you! I think a lot more people are!
Some of the coaching choices I didn't agree with - but I don't hold that against the Blackcat players.
Keep it up guys - if you do, Sheldon Clark shouldn't be hard to beat.
Congrats PCC!

SValley Fan

Hard to believe Prestonsburg would lose
Sounds like a great game from both teams.
$MoNeY$ Wrote:Hard to believe Prestonsburg would lose

That makes no sense.
I have seen PC play and they are ok, but Im not sold on them at all. I have predicted Phelps and Belfry represinting the 60th and I honestly belive it to be true. I have watched all three teams a few times. Good win though for PC. This team really needs to work their butts off and push theirself to make a run.
Congrats Central!
Belfry Wins Wrote:I have seen PC play and they are ok, but Im not sold on them at all. I have predicted Phelps and Belfry represinting the 60th and I honestly belive it to be true. I have watched all three teams a few times. Good win though for PC. This team really needs to work their butts off and push theirself to make a run.

agreed would this not be the first year pike central hasnt won the 60th since the realinment?