Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic @ Elizabethtown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts? Predictions? Can E-Town go all the way?
Lex Cath by 7.
Knights by two TD's.
This should be a very good game to watch. Anyone know where I can listen to it or keep up with it on the Internet. If I wasn't such a BHS fan I would drive out to watch it in person. Good luck to both and a safe night on all players
Etown is a team on a mission but LexCath is the better team

Should be a good one but I like LexCath by 7-10
Going to pick Lexington Catholic in this one. :Clap:

Lexington Catholic 42
Elizebethtown 21
LexCath 42
E'Town 34

It's been a resurgent season for E'Town, but it ends on Friday.
Lex Cath
Etown until somebody beats them.
Etown 42 Lex Catholic 38
hoghead Wrote:Etown 42 Lex Catholic 38

Aaahhh the same hog that stated " Puts an ends to a central Kentucky party Friday night and will show why Louisville football is better ". Yeah that comment was hilarious :biglmao:
To be honest, I know absolutely nothing about E-Town to make a prediction. I'll be pulling for Lex Cath to get the W.
Rebel55 Wrote:To be honest, I know absolutely nothing about E-Town to make a prediction. I'll be pulling for Lex Cath to get the W.

They surpassed my expectations by a long shot... but they have some things working for them that deserves praise

1. Their Head Coach is no stranger. Mark Brown has only been at Etown a couple years, but you most likely will know him as the Head Coach who put John Hardin on the map and lead them to a State Finals game. One of the better defensive minded coaches in the state.

2. They have one of the best individual players in all of 3A. Their RB Bernil Cecil is a stud. Around 1500 rushing yards and he put up video game numbers last year as well. They have added Dalonza Cates as a complimentary back and Cates has gained over 1000 yards himself.

3. Their QB is very under rated. Etown is a run heavy team but QB Jack Wilson has thrown for over 1400 yards and was huge against Caldwell. Wilson may not resonate as a QB, but he is one of the best baseball prospects in the entire state. He is a game manager and protects the ball, he has thrown 22 TD's compared to a mere 2 INT's.

I fully expected them to take a major step forward under Brown with all their experience, but even did not expect to see them in the Semi's rocking a 13-0 record.

Still would take LexCath as marked favorite...but this should be a very, very interesting game.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They surpassed my expectations by a long shot... but they have some things working for them that deserves praise

1. Their Head Coach is no stranger. Mark Brown has only been at Etown a couple years, but you most likely will know him as the Head Coach who put John Hardin on the map and lead them to a State Finals game. One of the better defensive minded coaches in the state.

2. They have one of the best individual players in all of 3A. Their RB Bernil Cecil is a stud. Around 1500 rushing yards and he put up video game numbers last year as well. They have added Dalonza Cates as a complimentary back and Cates has gained over 1000 yards himself.

3. Their QB is very under rated. Etown is a run heavy team but QB Jack Wilson has thrown for over 1400 yards and was huge against Caldwell. Wilson may not resonate as a QB, but he is one of the best baseball prospects in the entire state. He is a game manager and protects the ball, he has thrown 22 TD's compared to a mere 2 INT's.

I fully expected them to take a major step forward under Brown with all their experience, but even did not expect to see them in the Semi's rocking a 13-0 record.

Still would take LexCath as marked favorite...but this should be a very, very interesting game.

Very good points EKU.

This Elizabethtown senior class knows how to do one thing, and that's win. Two years after the program won one game in two years (11-12), this same group of seniors (19 of them) stepped into the vast majority of the starting spots as sophomores and immediately went 6-5 in 2013 (Adam Billings was still the HC, then). Billings is now the head coach at North Bullitt HS (his first year) where they had a dramatic turnaround themselves this year going 10-2 after a 1-9 campaign in 2014

You spoke of Wilson and you're exactly right about his baseball future. He just signed two weeks ago with Division 1 power Coastal Carolina University. But, he and several others on the football team have been part of the 2014 (as sophomores after their 6-5 football season) & 2015 Back-to-Back 5th Region Baseball Championship teams at E-town:

-QB/ILB Jack Wilson that you mentioned above
-WR/DB PeytonPayne (Leading WR and who caught last weeks winning TD_
-ILB Tyson Brown
-RB/DB Hunter Sullivan (13 and 14 starting QB, who had Tommy John Surgery last Spring, a Division 1 Baseball prospect himself who STILL opted to come back out and play football)

...amongst others are 2 and/or 3 sport athletes at E-town (Payne also starts for their tradition rich basketball program).

Wilson has football and winning in his genes. He is a grandson of former KHSAA All Time Wins Leader, Joe Jaggers. His uncles Marty (former HC at Lincoln & Mercer County, Offensive Coordinator at Danville from 98-04) and Crad (former North Hardin HC from 08-11) were All-State QB's in their playing days, as well as being very successful college QB's (Marty at WKU in the late 70's-early 80's) and Crad at Campbellsville University.

Speaking of which, Crad stuck a dagger into the hearts of another WKY school back in the '94 4A Region 1 Finals when they played Henderson County. He kicked at 30 something yard field goal in overtime to beat the then Tom Duffy coached Colonels. Fast forward some 20+ years later, his nephew throws a game winning TD hail mary with almost no time left on the clock at Caldwell County to win a 3A Region 1 Final. Something must be in the water, I mean blood, for sure.............
FBfan4life Wrote:Aaahhh the same hog that stated " Puts an ends to a central Kentucky party Friday night and will show why Louisville football is better ". Yeah that comment was hilarious :biglmao:

Not sure why that is so hilarious. I give credit to Catholic gutsy performance and that QB willed them to a win. However that was Central's game to lose. They missed field goals and their QB made so many poor decisions. Over threw wide open receivers. In Catholics defense, they were coughing up the ball like crazy in the first half. In the end, either team was going to be lucky to get out of there with a win. I just saw 2 very even teams, with the score. I feel like the slightly better team lost.
As far as this game goes, I still think it's almost 50/50. Etown may think Catholic is better than what they are, simply because of how good Central has been in 3A for years. I'm here to tell you, that's by far not the best Central team I've seen (not the worst either), and Catholic still barely got out of there with a W. The prize for either team, you get to play the best 3A team since I don't know when. Maybe ever. This Belfry team is legit.
If it is a close game, you gotta think the luck thing seems to be going Etown's way this year.
Actually, as the season progressed, teams began stacking the box on Etown to stop the run and that was partially successful, but it also allowed the passing game to bloom and no team successfully stopped both.
For some reason, I am beginning to fill that this could very well be the closest playoff game of any class this week. I can't put my finger on why, I just am seeing it that way. I think Lex Cath should pull it out but, I think Etown doesn't go away without clawing, scratching and kicking. They will not know how to take a loss and it won't be a good taste for them I guess.
Lexington Catholic 24
Elizebethtown 21