Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Simon Kenton 13 Cooper 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SK wins! If they played on turf the score wouldn't be close. SK used the ground and pound on the soggy wet field kind of odd considering it was sunny all day. Powell had 148 yards and Racke 157 both scored 1 td. The defense did great for SK. The officials where probably the worse I ever seen.
UK1fan Wrote:SK wins! If they played on turf the score wouldn't be close. SK used the ground and pound on the soggy wet field kind of odd considering it was sunny all day. Powell had 148 yards and Racke 157 both scored 1 td. The defense did great for SK. The officials where probably the worse I ever seen.
Go ahead and say it - you think that somebody watered down the field to cheat Simon Kenton. The referees were in on it too. Simon Kenton manages to win most games despite everybody cheating them and when they lose, it is not their fault.

I always pull for whoever Simon Kenton plays because I enjoy reading your endless string of excuses so much. When you are not making excuses, you are making the case that Simon Kenton's roster is loaded with players who are the best at their respective positions in the state.
Go Pioneers!
It's gotta be terrible to lose like that.
Congrats to Simon Kenton.
I heard a rumor Coopers kicker was hurt. That's why they had to go for 2 points. I wasn't at the game. But if those 2 players had that many yards. Don't say anything about the field condition
Damn fire trucks
here are the facts about the game.
First off it was a downpour the entire day on Wednesday and if anyone has been to Cooper they know the field sits down in a bowl and all the water drains to the field. If it rains on any Monday and it's a cold week, the field will still be wet on Friday period.
Secondly although UKfan loves to play the consipracy game as if everyone is out to get SK. the fact of the matter is the field conditions hurt Cooper more than SK due to the fact that Cooper passed a lot more than SK tried to and with horrible footing it slowed all the WR's down which led to continuous overthrows by Brown. IF you were a running team then you would have more success on that field Friday and SK ran a ton.

With that said, it was asked earlier and I will clarify it here. Cooper's kicker had his appendix removed on Thursday so needless to say, he was unavialble for the game so Cooper had no place kicker. They tried to have their punter kick an extra point after their first TD but the ball got about 1 foot off the ground and was kicked right into the backside of his line.

Now about the rest of the game. Cooper outplayed SK for the majority of the game, especially the first half but the score didn't show that. Cooper drove inside the red zone 3 of their first 4 drives I believe and only came away with 6 points. SK in the first half never reached the redzone except on the TD run from something like 40 yds out I believe, or may have been a pass...can't remember how the first score was. Cooper pretty much shut down SK's running game in the first half but couldn't capitalize.

2nd half Cooper continued to give SK a short field on which SK was only able to punch it in 1 time with all the short field given to them. Cooper still had their chances when they scored their 2nd TD to bring the score to 13-12 and they then went for a 2pt conversion, much to do with not having a place kicker so they basically had to go for 2 pt conversion and try and win it. The play was a roll out to the right where Brown found a wide open receiver standing in the front of the endzone about 4 yards in front of Brown and as he threw the ball it kind of died and was headed low as the receiver went down to catch it right above the ground it bounced off his hands for an in completion. It was a great game as Cooper had one more chance as they recovered an onside kick with under a minute to go but couldn't score. SK won 13-12

Now uk1fan did get one thing right, if the field were dry the score would have been a lot different and I truly believe Cooper would have won by a couple scores. This wasn't a fluke on Cooper's Defense against SK, earlier in the season remember they held powell to his season low 60 yds and that was without Cooper's best defensive lineman in that game.

Congrats to SK and best of luck this Friday, but I get tired of hearing uk1fan complain about everything as if things like field conditions don't have any affect on SK's oppnents.
HHellBird Wrote:here are the facts about the game.
First off it was a downpour the entire day on Wednesday and if anyone has been to Cooper they know the field sits down in a bowl and all the water drains to the field. If it rains on any Monday and it's a cold week, the field will still be wet on Friday period.
Secondly although UKfan loves to play the consipracy game as if everyone is out to get SK. the fact of the matter is the field conditions hurt Cooper more than SK due to the fact that Cooper passed a lot more than SK tried to and with horrible footing it slowed all the WR's down which led to continuous overthrows by Brown. IF you were a running team then you would have more success on that field Friday and SK ran a ton.

With that said, it was asked earlier and I will clarify it here. Cooper's kicker had his appendix removed on Thursday so needless to say, he was unavialble for the game so Cooper had no place kicker. They tried to have their punter kick an extra point after their first TD but the ball got about 1 foot off the ground and was kicked right into the backside of his line.

Now about the rest of the game. Cooper outplayed SK for the majority of the game, especially the first half but the score didn't show that. Cooper drove inside the red zone 3 of their first 4 drives I believe and only came away with 6 points. SK in the first half never reached the redzone except on the TD run from something like 40 yds out I believe, or may have been a pass...can't remember how the first score was. Cooper pretty much shut down SK's running game in the first half but couldn't capitalize.

2nd half Cooper continued to give SK a short field on which SK was only able to punch it in 1 time with all the short field given to them. Cooper still had their chances when they scored their 2nd TD to bring the score to 13-12 and they then went for a 2pt conversion, much to do with not having a place kicker so they basically had to go for 2 pt conversion and try and win it. The play was a roll out to the right where Brown found a wide open receiver standing in the front of the endzone about 4 yards in front of Brown and as he threw the ball it kind of died and was headed low as the receiver went down to catch it right above the ground it bounced off his hands for an in completion. It was a great game as Cooper had one more chance as they recovered an onside kick with under a minute to go but couldn't score. SK won 13-12

Now uk1fan did get one thing right, if the field were dry the score would have been a lot different and I truly believe Cooper would have won by a couple scores. This wasn't a fluke on Cooper's Defense against SK, earlier in the season remember they held powell to his season low 60 yds and that was without Cooper's best defensive lineman in that game.

Congrats to SK and best of luck this Friday, but I get tired of hearing uk1fan complain about everything as if things like field conditions don't have any affect on SK's oppnents.

SK had 299 yards rushing! Powell 148 yards 1 td and Racke 159 1 td. Cooper had no answer to stop them. Both of Coopers scores where on short drives.