Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2016 Mountain Classic Bracket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tuesday, January 5th
6:45 p.m. - South Laurel vs. Letcher County Central
8:30 p.m. - Buckhorn vs. Harlan County

Wednesday, January 6th
6:45 p.m. - Perry County Central vs. Lawrence County
8:30 p.m. - Clay County vs. Knott County Central

Thursday, January 7th
6:45 p.m. - Consolation No. 1
8:30 p.m. - Consolation No. 2

Friday, January 8th
6:30 p.m. - Semifinal No. 1
8:15 p.m. - Semifinal No. 2

Saturday, January 9th
4:45 p.m. - 3rd Place Game
8:30 p.m. - Championship
[Image: ue2pz.jpg] Wowza! Ole FatPat be hititng the concessions hard for this one! WYMT classic,Pats,and the hospitality room are right up ole FatPat's alley baby! Wowza! Tune up for another regional title! # Anchordown More mash taters please!!!
Is it fair to say the top 2 teams in the tourney are in the bottom bracket? No?
No it would be very short sided to say best teams are in the bottom. The best may just be in the top.
This is a great tournament.
ky playmaker Wrote:No it would be very short sided to say best teams are in the bottom. The best may just be in the top.

I like Clay and Lawrence as the top 2 teams in the tourney. I could see Buckhorn making a good run. Whats your thoughts playmaker?
Dont over look South Laurel
^ no one better overlook South Laurel...
South Laurel is the team to beat. :Cheerlead
Good to hear. Hopefully it will be a competive tourney...
South is better than Clay
Very good field. Several teams could win it.
I like South Laurel and then Clay Co.
Be cool to see south vs clay in the final
South Laurel has a cake walk to the finals, Don't sleep on the home team in this tourney they are hard to handle on their home floor.
South has a easy road to the finals. To me Clay got the shaft they have to beat Knott and then probably Perry to get to the finals. But with that said Good Luck to all the teams
Semifinals, I see a South Laurel/Buckhorn and Lawrence/Clay County game. Finals, I see South Laurel playing Clay County. This game could go either way, but I believe South Laurel pulls it out.

Although, this is my prediction, I believe the Buckhorn/Harlan County game could go either way. This will be a great matchup. The same can be said for the Perry/Lawrence County game. Even though Knott has home court advantage, I just don't think they can match up with Clay. Letcher can't match up with South Laurel either.

The consolation games should be some very good matchups. I think we will see Letcher/Harlan County and Perry/Knott matchups. Regardless of the results, this is probably one of the best lineups I have seen for the Mountain Classic. Can't wait.
Lot of competitive teams in the field.
Harlan co will beat the brakes off Buckorn. I do like the S. Laurel/ Clay final but would not be shocked by Harlan Co in final
I see Lawrence, winning it aa.. Four of the top ten players in the 15th region, mabey 5 ,on this team. Just my own, opn. Every body has one. Should be a great tourney.:trolldad2:
Very balanced tourney. Any of the 8 can win it.
South,Clay,and Lawrence are the best teams in this tourney and this will be one of the overall better Mountain Classics in a while.Balanced tournament but pulling for the Tigers.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Tuesday, January 5th
6:45 p.m. - South Laurel vs. Letcher County Central
8:30 p.m. - Buckhorn vs. Harlan County

Wednesday, January 6th
6:45 p.m. - Perry County Central vs. Lawrence County
8:30 p.m. - Clay County vs. Knott County Central

Thursday, January 7th
6:45 p.m. - Consolation No. 1
8:30 p.m. - Consolation No. 2

Friday, January 8th
6:30 p.m. - Semifinal No. 1
8:15 p.m. - Semifinal No. 2

Saturday, January 9th
4:45 p.m. - 3rd Place Game
8:30 p.m. - Championship

Here's the way it breaks down. The 13th region will own this tournament, except for Lawrence. Lawrence could very well be the team to beat. Lawrence has athleticism and experience. I also like South Laurel and Clay County's chances of advancing. The Lawrence/Clay matchup will be awesome. The only thing Knott will be getting out of this year's tournament will be gate and concession..... They will be playing Perry in the consolation game, which should be a decent matchup. I like Perry in the game vs. Knott. Knott will struggle living up to year's past teams. They have too much youth and not enough talent. Perry will miss Beverly, but will have some inside presence with Tobler along with Blair. Buckhorn/Harlan County game will be the best first round matchup. Both of these teams will compete hard and matchup decently well.
Da Truth Wrote:Here's the way it breaks down. The 13th region will own this tournament, except for Lawrence. Lawrence could very well be the team to beat. Lawrence has athleticism and experience. I also like South Laurel and Clay County's chances of advancing. The Lawrence/Clay matchup will be awesome. The only thing Knott will be getting out of this year's tournament will be gate and concession..... They will be playing Perry in the consolation game, which should be a decent matchup. I like Perry in the game vs. Knott. Knott will struggle living up to year's past teams. They have too much youth and not enough talent. Perry will miss Beverly, but will have some inside presence with Tobler along with Blair. Buckhorn/Harlan County game will be the best first round matchup. Both of these teams will compete hard and matchup decently well.

Which equal zero! WYMT gets it all!!!
Clay got a very hard draw in the finals..........everyone says South has a cake walk to the finals.......I wouldn't sleep on Harlan Co.....I think they shock some people and end up playing Clay in the finals.........I think South is a very good team but I heard the same thing last year and they couldn't even get out of district on their home court. It will be a nice tourney though.
I personally want to see a South Laurel/Clay final.Clay should defeat Knott but Lawrence will be a task.If they defeat Lawrence,Clay will be more than ready for South Laurel.Hopefully Marcum and the Tigers bring the championship title back to Manchester.
Perry will be tough to defeat with Tobler on the interior.This is one of the best tournaments in the state every year.
CC has the tools to be really, really good...They will need to be if they want to win this tourney...I see several teams capable of winning it. Good job putting this one together.:Thumbs:
This should be a great tournament.