Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scrimmage Results ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have any scrimmage news. Who looked good and who didn't.
I think Williamsburg and McCreary Central had a scrimmage. Anyone know how that turned out???
Williamsburg won big
Watched scrimmage. Williamsburg won big, they were up 26 when I left. Williamsburg played 1 Jr. 2 Soph. 1 Fr. and 3 8th Graders. Future looks bright.
Is the girl out from McCreary that is really good? Can't remember her name. I heard that she had a knee injury.
Laker Wrote:Is the girl out from McCreary that is really good? Can't remember her name. I heard that she had a knee injury.

Kaylee Cotton. Yes she is out. Huge blow to McCreary. 4-6 weeks. She is a fine player.:Clap:
Pike Central looked really good against Sheldon Clark last night on the defensive side, but left a lot of points out on the floor with missed layups and a lack of second chance opportunities. They can go 8-9 girls deep and play in your face full court pressure D. Half-court offense needs some work but is still early. The girls looked to attack the basket ok but had trouble finishing. It is still early and the future for Newsome and the Hawks are looking good.
Saw ranking in Cats Pause where OBI was rated 10th in Region. Then found out McCreary Central beat them in a Scrimmage. Williams beat McCreary Central by 26 where does hat put Williamsburg?? Is Oneida that Good ???
Just got back from watching Williamsburg and Harlan County. Real good Scrimmage. It was a 2 pt. game with 5:20 to go in 4th Qt. Harlan Co. went on to win by 12. Not bad when you consider Williams played 3 8th grader together for about a 6 minute Stretch. Good Luck to both Teams. The Green girl from Harlan Co. is a player.
FrozenColonel Wrote:Pike Central looked really good against Sheldon Clark last night on the defensive side, but left a lot of points out on the floor with missed layups and a lack of second chance opportunities. They can go 8-9 girls deep and play in your face full court pressure D. Half-court offense needs some work but is still early. The girls looked to attack the basket ok but had trouble finishing. It is still early and the future for Newsome and the Hawks are looking good.

I heard Waller did not play for Sheldon Clark. Is this true? If not Sheldon Clark is not very good. They were very limited already, if they lose Waller they will struggle mightily.
Unfortunately she was hurt in the first little bit of the PC scrimmage. I was hoping that it was not that serious but I heard that she tore her ACL. She is a really good player, I hate to see that happen to anybody, especially a player that has a bright future ahead of them. The Pike Central family will be praying for a quick and healthy recovery.
Anyone know of any of the SEKC scores
South laurel looked a lot better today than they did in first scrimmage. Beat Danville pretty easy. 23-13 in a 20 min running clock Lost to GRC 19-13 but was up while first 5 was was in the first 10 min 8-7.
Good to hear Williamsburg is better this year. Lilly Hall is a keeper for them.
Mountain BB Fan Wrote:I heard Waller did not play for Sheldon Clark. Is this true? If not Sheldon Clark is not very good. They were very limited already, if they lose Waller they will struggle mightily.

Waller is my cousin Confusednicker:
Hall is a keeper. The Lady Jackets have 6 8th Graders that should be pretty good players. I've said for a while Hall and Combs will be best set of Guards in 13th somewhere in the future. But I'm a little bias as one is my Granddaughter. They are better as a Team this year but still very young. 1 Jr. 2 So. 1 Fr. and 4 8th graders in top 8 players. Good Luck Lady Jackets.
Cellking Wrote:Saw ranking in Cats Pause where OBI was rated 10th in Region. Then found out McCreary Central beat them in a Scrimmage. Williams beat McCreary Central by 26 where does hat put Williamsburg?? Is Oneida that Good ???

OBI is a senior-dominated squad that has everyone back from a team that finished second to Harlan in the All A regional last year.
Having said that, after seeing Williamsburg play the other night I would not be surprised if they could be 10th. I think there is a drop off after the top 9, which puts OBI, W-Burg, Pineville, Lynn Camp and Jackson County among the teams in the mix for the top 10.
HCS Wrote:OBI is a senior-dominated squad that has everyone back from a team that finished second to Harlan in the All A regional last year.
Having said that, after seeing Williamsburg play the other night I would not be surprised if they could be 10th. I think there is a drop off after the top 9, which puts OBI, W-Burg, Pineville, Lynn Camp and Jackson County among the teams in the mix for the top 10.

I agree I think Williamsburg has improved and can move into the Top 10 in the Regional. Next season they could move on up in the rankings with everyone coming back.
Williamsburg drew opposite Harlan in the All A this year, so they could get to the finals - they'd have to beat Lynn Camp and Pineville, probably. They have a decent shot at that.
Winning the All A is another story, but the experience would help in future years.