Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 2015-16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's third week of football playoffs, so its the traditional start of Ashland basketball. Are the cats going to improve on last year?
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:It's third week of football playoffs, so its the traditional start of Ashland basketball. Are the cats going to improve on last year?

Confusednicker:

Show no mercy....
Kick'em while their down....
Pull no punches....
Take the gloves off....
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:It's third week of football playoffs, so its the traditional start of Ashland basketball. Are the cats going to improve on last year?

Savage.

Well figure they will beat Rose Hill twice, probably beat another couple hapless program. I say 5 wins shouldn't be too hard to top. Gotta keep that "tradition" alive now... :Thumbs:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Confusednicker:

Show no mercy....
Pull no punches....
Take the gloves off....

Ah come on now, don't be a hater...We should respect them and all they stand for.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Confusednicker:

Show no mercy....
Pull no punches....
Take the gloves off....
:biglmao: Sweep the leg, Johnny!
Shouldn't we be honoring and respecting the rich tradition of the Kitty Cats? I mean after all, they have more prestige than the Celtics, Lakers, Packers, Yankees combined.
1926 National Champions baby!
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:1926 National Champions baby!

Atta boy! :rockon::notworthy
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:1926 National Champions baby!

Actually it was 1928. Thus, it was 87 years ago rather than 89. In all fairness, the 1961 team was also very good and that was only 54 years ago.
Truth Wrote:Actually it was 1928. Thus, it was 87 years ago rather than 89. In all fairness, the 1961 team was also very good and that was only 54 years ago.

I'll actually take a lil pride in getting that wrong. Confusednicker:
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:I'll actually take a lil pride in getting that wrong. Confusednicker:

Wear Maroon, White and an Arizona A logo and take pride in representing the most prestigious program in history! Coach Cal only wishes he could coach at such a tradition rich program. #NoRegionTitlesSince2002
Pardon me, but I thought this was supposed to be a serious post. Guess not. Grow up.
Yustacould Wrote:Pardon me, but I thought this was supposed to be a serious post. Guess not. Grow up.

Well give us your serious opinion kind sir. #WasThatSeriousEnough
I think Ashland is on the verge of being a really good team. They have talent, they will take their lumps this season, not as bad as last year, but they will struggle until they find their identify under Howell. If everyone buys in to his philosophy, with one common purpose, in a couple of years, they will be a region contender, possibly region favorite.
Yustacould Wrote:Pardon me, but I thought this was supposed to be a serious post. Guess not. Grow up.

Well pardon me for stating a fact, Ashland basketball starts third week of football playoffs, that's just how it is.
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:Well pardon me for stating a fact, Ashland basketball starts third week of football playoffs, that's just how it is.

How is this a fact? This isn't even a hyperbole, or euphemism, an oxymoron or really anything other than a fictional group of words put together. Sorry. The only fact stated in this phrase is, "Ashland basketball starts third week..."
Yustacould Wrote:How is this a fact? This isn't even a hyperbole, or euphemism, an oxymoron or really anything other than a fictional group of words put together. Sorry. The only fact stated in this phrase is, "Ashland basketball starts third week..."

You are right, he did not exactly state the true facts...Many years it starts the second week of football playoffs.
Bob Seger Wrote:You are right, he did not exactly state the true facts...Many years it starts the second week of football playoffs.

:Thumbs::Clap::notbad:
I thought they quit playing basketball in Ashland.