Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Let's Honor Rebels Coach Johnny Martin...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's honor Rebels coach Johnny Martin by naming the court at J.E. Campbell Arena, "Johnny's Court."

It's no secret that Coach Martin is leaning towards retirement soon. His team is having great season so far. I think it would be fitting to have the court named in his honor "before" he says goodbye to coaching.

Any thoughts?
It would be awesome for them to do that for Johnny. He has done so much for Allen Central, not only basketball but the school itself and I agree it would only be fitting for them to name the court in his honor. Total respect for Coach Martin.
Actually should have already been done. He has given AC most of his professional life and then some. He could have taken many jobs elsewhere including one in this county a few years ago that I know of personally and declined because of his loyalty to AC. I don't know what will be in the future for Johnny or Allen Central but I hope them the best----Well Johnny anyway and Allen Central maybe second best at the time.:devilflam
That would be a tremendous honor, and I'm sure it is one Coach Martin would appreciate dearly. What he has done for Allen Central and it's basketball program is unbelievable and I don't know of 1 person in the Right Beaver area that doesn't appreciate what he has done. I'm totally for the idea of having a Johnny's Court!
Great Coach and Person who totally deserves it!
I agree he is a great coach and does deserve to be honored by having the court named after him.
I agree it should of already been done
I agree with UKGIRL
Totally agree!
yelp.
Johnny martin has always conducted himself in a Classy and Professional manner.
They should name something in honor of his coaching career.
Yep, I agree 100%. I would also like to see them name the road directly in front of the school "Johnny Martin Boulevard".
That is a good idea! Beaver Creek Connection.
i agree they should do something for coach martin
Are you sure that naming the court is enough? My goodness he has been at AC for 26 years. He is without doubt one of the last coaches that will ever stay that long at any school. He deserves to be honored for his accomplishments as coach, teacher, mentor, and friend to so many young adults that in some way he has touched their lives. I'm not sure just naming the court after Johnny Martin would be enough, even though I'm sure he would appreciate it.
ur right osiris
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Yep, I agree 100%. I would also like to see them name the road directly in front of the school "Johnny Martin Boulevard".

I like it!

I would bet that you would have an easier time getting the highway named in his honor than the court. :glassjoe:
jammin' jamey Wrote:I like it!

I would bet that you would have an easier time getting the highway named in his honor than the court. :glassjoe:

Got that right.
Who will replace Martin if this is his last year???
I think AC should honor Coach Martin in some way. He has given a great deal to the community and has been an outstanding coach. Even when he did not have the most talented teams he always found a way to compete. Coach Martin has taken some lumps the last couple of years a looked what he has turned the team into this year. Even though I have no affiliation with AC I have always enjoyed watching Coach Martin work the sideline.
I agree, like him or hate him you have to respect the man for what he's done. He didn't quit on his team this year and now they are winning and thats what a good coach does, stick with your team through thick and thin. In his 26 years he's won 1 regional title been to like 4 or 5 title games, 2 All A championships, several district titles. Only 3 losing seasons in 26 years(03-04, 04-05, and 05-06) and he's making up for it this season. He has developed some outstanding players there as well and has sent at least 7 players to the college level that I can think of at the top of my head. Like I said you don't have to like the man but after giving 26 years to a school he deserves an honor like that. I'm not an AC fan eighter but he will be rememberd long after he retires throughout the 15th region. Probabily the Bobby Knight of the 15th in more ways than one...lol.
I'd like to see Coach Martin hang around for at least a few more seasons. But he definitely deserves to be honored and recognized for his work at ACHS.
Wyatt Earp Wrote:Well Johnny anyway and Allen Central maybe second best at the time.:devilflam

And who would be first?? :lmao: