Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tilghman @ Elizabethtown updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
end of 1st quarter Etown 7 Tilghman 0.
Etown 14 PT 0 early in second q

PT gonna lay another egg.
etown 20 tilghman 0 with 7 min left in 1st half

yup - its a genuine egg and Etown came to play. Could get ugly.
PT blocks an etown punt at the end of the 1st half and recovers on the 8.

etown 20 - PT 7
Our defense is stopping the run but unable to stop the pass
PT also had another TD called back because of an illegal shift penalty.
True Tica. But if we don't figure out pass coverage it will be a long second half
PT scores

etown 20 tilghman 14
Etown scores on a 41 yard run

26-14
How much time?
Late in third. 28 to 14
etown goes for 2 and scores 28-14
Let's go blue
28-14 end of 3rd q

Etown has the ball
34-14 etown scores on a 64 yard pass. stick a fork in it.
Pt had no answer for their passing game.
Either they cant stop it or did not prepare for it.

etown came to play and good luck to them.
I knew the Lay the Egg comment was coming. Haha

Etown

#schedule
#aintgotnotimeforthat
#listentome
Etown may get some love after this win. Best win of the season. Who do they play now ? Central ? Lex cath ?
Objective Wrote:Etown may get some love after this win. Best win of the season. Who do they play now ? Central ? Lex cath ?

At Caldwell County.
Good win for ETown.
PT underachieves again.
Us Tilghman fans have gotten used to leaving the stadium quietly. Actually we have it down to a fine art. Just tell friends you are going for a drink and don't return. Turn your collar up and maybe put on a Titans or UK hat on the way out. Prepare our hens to lay more eggs next fall.

You can always hope, but this teams' shortcomings and inconsistency always seemed to overshadow its strengths. Very potent team but never able to regain the form displayed in the McCracken victory.
First of off, congrats to Etown, regardless of what anyone said about their schedule, they are a solid team.
That being said, I do not think PT "underacieved", I have been watching them for over 35 years and the last 2 years we have fielded the smallest teams ever wearing the blue and white. I liked watching the wing t improve, but never thought they were a state champion caliber team.
The people pumping them up in preseason about their 21 seniors need to realize only 9 of them played last year, and only five of them saw action. The other 12 are kids Rogers pulled out of the halls trying to build interest in the program.
I am disappointed in the defensive secondary the other night, as PT did an OK job at handling the run, but lost Etowns receivers on numerous plays.
I believe Rogers has the program heading in a better direction, but you have to have some personnel to work with as well. He doubled the roster in a single year, so that shows he is getting some more interest, but it doesn't fix everything overnight.

---My most important point is this----

At the end of the season, there is only one team left that isn't disappointed

So does everyone else "underacieve"?
Your post makes way too much sense and goes against the grain of popular thinking trueblue.

That's not taken very well most of the time.

Shame on you for being logical and a realist. Lol
Tica Wrote:Us Tilghman fans have gotten used to leaving the stadium quietly. Actually we have it down to a fine art. Just tell friends you are going for a drink and don't return. Turn your collar up and maybe put on a Titans or UK hat on the way out. Prepare our hens to lay more eggs next fall

You can always hope, but this teams' shortcomings and inconsistency always seemed to overshadow its strengths. Very potent team but never able to regain the form displayed in the McCracken victory.

PT has the 4th most program wins all time in the state, and is in the top 30 program wins in the nation.
Add to that numerous state titles.
Although we did not play well the other night, I wear my PT hat in proudly, and I wear it on the way out proudly. We have a storied tradition with a great history. A bad season does not change that. If you plan on watching them another 20 years there will be highs and lows and you have to learn to handle that.
Will you be a PT fan walking out of that stadium only after wins or every time?
PT is coming back. Don't give up. They have talent coming up from ms and the coaching staff is just in the second year of what usually takes four years to rebuild.
mysonis55 Wrote:PT is coming back. Don't give up. They have talent coming up from ms and the coaching staff is just in the second year of what usually takes four years to rebuild.

You can have all the talent in the world... but until you can battle on the Offensive and Defensive line you have no shot at the 3A Title right now.

If Tilghman wants to be taken seriously they have to get bigger, stronger, and tougher at the LOS. Speed kills... but speed can't do anything if it can never get to full speed before it is getting blocked or tackled.
There is nothing wrong with their strength and conditioning program, just rather a lack of talent/size in the line department at the moment. Pretty good group of youngsters coming up though.