Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co. @ West Carter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does the Dawgs stay focused and get another chance at the Pirates? Or do they look ahead and the Comets ends thier season? I think LC will take care of Business.
lc must contain #4 braden brown. avg over 100 yards a game passing and rushing. #8 walker very good receiver. wc loaded with talent. good game for lc. however if lc defense plays like it did against fleming it will be over quick and belfry will be going to olive hill. wc defense much better than fleming and will limit lc passing game. lc defense was absolutely terrible against fleming run game.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:lc must contain #4 braden brown. avg over 100 yards a game passing and rushing. #8 walker very good receiver. wc loaded with talent. good game for lc. however if lc defense plays like it did against fleming it will be over quick and belfry will be going to olive hill. wc defense much better than fleming and will limit lc passing game. lc defense was absolutely terrible against fleming run game.

Do you think any of that had anything to do with Fleming being better than you thought?
Against common oponents, West gave up a total of 80 points to Fleming's 55. Not saying Fleming's defense is vastly superior just saying that West's is not necessarily "much better".
LC by 12
thecoacher Wrote:Do you think any of that had anything to do with Fleming being better than you thought?
Against common oponents, West gave up a total of 80 points to Fleming's 55. Not saying Fleming's defense is vastly superior just saying that West's is not necessarily "much better".
absolutely. fleming was better than i thought. very solid well coached team. lc defense had no answer for miller. fleming had no answer for lc passing game. if lc qb has time to set they have 4-5 receivers to work with. as with all of these games it is won or lost at the line of scrimmage. lc ol gave qb time to make a play. we will see if wc defense is up to the task. this could be a high scoring shootout.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:absolutely. fleming was better than i thought. very solid well coached team. lc defense had no answer for miller. fleming had no answer for lc passing game. if lc qb has time to set they have 4-5 receivers to work with. as with all of these games it is won or lost at the line of scrimmage. lc ol gave qb time to make a play. we will see if wc defense is up to the task. this could be a high scoring shootout.

I think Lawrence has the best set of receivers I have seen in this area for quite some time. Some schools will have 1 stud or maybe 2 but Lawrence has several with great size and speed.
I think the key to this game will be if West Carter can pressure the Qb. That was Fleming County's Achilles heel all season. They couldn't and Kiser picked them apart. West has 2 pretty good defensive ends and they will have to have great games to give them a shot at a win.
thecoacher Wrote:Do you think any of that had anything to do with Fleming being better than you thought?

Hard to compare defensive stats from blowouts. Much of those 80 points given up were in garbage time after a running clock....
cats3x Wrote:Hard to compare defensive stats from blowouts. Much of those 80 points given up were in garbage time after a running clock....

I agree. Just using that as an example. I know Fleming's reserves gave up several points this year as well though.

I think this game between West and Lawrence should be a dandy!
Lc played their small line 95 percent of the game against fleming and fleming made them pay. Lc safetys played well off the ball and waitied for the runner to get to them. They are going to have to read run a lot quicker and go get the running back. I think they missed keesee a lot on defense in that game, the secondary is missing that one guy that will lay the big hit on you, but that is about all its missing you throw a pass and lc has a better chance of intercepting it than the reciver have of catching it. They just need to be more physical in run support.
dawg fan Wrote:Lc played their small line 95 percent of the game against fleming and fleming made them pay. Lc safetys played well off the ball and waitied for the runner to get to them. They are going to have to read run a lot quicker and go get the running back. I think they missed keesee a lot on defense in that game, the secondary is missing that one guy that will lay the big hit on you, but that is about all its missing you throw a pass and lc has a better chance of intercepting it than the reciver have of catching it. They just need to be more physical in run support.

This was just a weird game for LC due to the line shuffling they had to do. Endicott was out at center due to sickness I heard so they slid Ratliff down to center and started Cox in his place. That effected the playing time on defense I would imagine because most of those boys would normally rotate in but with Cox having to play extended minutes on offense the coaches probably decided to stay in the smaller package more than usual. My take on it anyways.
LC 21-20 and back to the CAM to face the Pirates.
thecoacher Wrote:I agree. Just using that as an example. I know Fleming's reserves gave up several points this year as well though.

I think this game between West and Lawrence should be a dandy!

You could also compare the actual game the two teams played against each other. Wouldn't that be the real indicator?
Lawrence 28 West Carter 21.
cats3x Wrote:You could also compare the actual game the two teams played against each other. Wouldn't that be the real indicator?

Not necessarily. That just shows West stopped Fleming's offense and Fleming didn't stop theirs. Comparing scores against other opponents shows how they played against the same offenses.
Not saying anything negative about your team. Chill a little. You guys need to thank Fleming for giving you the opportunity to win the district. If they hadn't beat Russell, you would have been runner up at best.
I think that lawrence has to bring their a game if they wanna win and I think they can win I'm picking Lawrence but if west Carter beats them I think they can beat belfey as well because Lawrence played belfey close so we'll see
thecoacher Wrote:Not necessarily. That just shows West stopped Fleming's offense and Fleming didn't stop theirs. Comparing scores against other opponents shows how they played against the same offenses.
Not saying anything negative about your team. Chill a little. You guys need to thank Fleming for giving you the opportunity to win the district. If they hadn't beat Russell, you would have been runner up at best.

Wasn't Lawtence a runner up? Maybe shouldn't belittle a possible second place if you are a second place?
washed up Wrote:Wasn't Lawtence a runner up? Maybe shouldn't belittle a possible second place if you are a second place?

Wasn't belittling anyone. It is an accomplishment to finish 2nd in a tough district.
thecoacher Wrote:Not necessarily. That just shows West stopped Fleming's offense and Fleming didn't stop theirs. Comparing scores against other opponents shows how they played against the same offenses.

Whatever you say. Did not think the two defenses were comparable. Points are deceiving as they do not account for non-offensive TDs, etc. Look at the yardage which is deceiving too but a better indicator. Hard to look at West's points allowed when 7 of their 8 regular season wins were first half running clocks.
cats3x Wrote:Whatever you say. Did not think the two defenses were comparable. Points are deceiving as they do not account for non-offensive TDs, etc. Look at the yardage which is deceiving too but a better indicator. Hard to look at West's points allowed when 7 of their 8 regular season wins were first half running clocks.

Agree to disagree. Back on track with the thread and good luck with Lawrence County. They are VERY explosive offensively.
thecoacher Wrote:Agree to disagree. Back on track with the thread and good luck with Lawrence County. They are VERY explosive offensively.

Thanks. I think Lawrence may be the best offensive team in NEKY. Very good and explosive.
Lawrence County.
washed up Wrote:Wasn't Lawtence a runner up? Maybe shouldn't belittle a possible second place if you are a second place?

Fair enough be glad you were lucky and Russell didn't end up third in that district.
waughdaddy59 Wrote:I think that lawrence has to bring their a game if they wanna win and I think they can win I'm picking Lawrence but if west Carter beats them I think they can beat belfey as well because Lawrence played belfey close so we'll see

No way you can compare scores and make any kind of prediction. Russell beats West at West. Loses to Fleming at home. West blows out Fleming. Just no way to predict
I want to say West Carter win but I Kant :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:

Lawrence County 35
West Carter 34

Pretty much a toss-up game for me both teams are :worthy:
washed up Wrote:Fair enough be glad you were lucky and Russell didn't end up third in that district.
Yeah we really lucked out there....now poor Belfry has to deal with the mighty Devils instead. :eyeroll:
0ff The Chain Wrote:Yeah we really lucked out there....now poor Belfry has to deal with the mighty Devils instead. :eyeroll:

Not call Russell mighty by any means just saying be glad the Biys are not gonna be in the gym Monday.
Going to be a great game, a busted play will determine the winner. Going with LC in a barn burner.
This should be an excellent matchup with some very good individual talents on display

Going to say WC 33-28 just for the sake of seeing some new blood in the Regional Finals.
washed up Wrote:Not call Russell mighty by any means just saying be glad the Biys are not gonna be in the gym Monday.

:dudecomeon:
Going with the Dawgs in this one 35-21. I may be selling WC a little bit short in this game because I have not seen them play this year. LC can score points in a hurry but they will need to step up the intensity on defense or their big play offense will only be on the sideline watching. This game should be one of the better match ups this round of the playoffs.
Pages: 1 2