Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt/Casey County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
27-0 CC in the 2nd
35-0 CC 2nd
35-6 CC 2nd
Casey County is treating Breathitt like Bell is treating Estill. Smacking them right in the mouth
Never thought I would be ashamed to be a bobcat. We need some major changes before we are ever gonna be relevant again. Fan base and community are losing interest quick
Strikeout King Wrote:Casey County is treating Breathitt like Bell is treating Estill. Smacking them right in the mouth

But bell is a pretty good team. Casey co is not that good unless they are playing breathitt. We need major changes. 4-7 in a ridiculous weak district is not acceptable anyone who says it is does not know breathitt football.
When I was up there for the Estill Co game, I noticed A LOT of empty bleachers on the Bobcats side. Breathitt football and the fans just aren't what it was before..
Strikeout King Wrote:When I was up there for the Estill Co game, I noticed A LOT of empty bleachers on the Bobcats side. Breathitt football and the fans just aren't what it was before..

Who can blame them. In my opinion we need a whole new coaching staff.with breathitt s facilities we should be able to get a good coach who can do better than 3 straight losing seasons us things are getting worse and worse. As much as it hurts to say Kyle is not cut out for this job
Breathitt was just not prepared tonight. It is a bad time to be a Bobcat fan. Poor execution and no dicipline. I am still a fan and support the program, but I am a frustrated supporter.
42-6 CC at half.
Came home thoroughly embarrassed. Game was getting out of hand on the field and in the stands. Flags everywhere. Fans yelling at the players from CC and at eachother. What a mess.
I am not as ashamed of the lack of fan support as I am the support of some of the fans that are there. They cheer like Breathitt has done something good after giving up 5, 10, 20 yards a play. Then yell at anyone that says that the defense needs to play better. Sigh.........
Breathitt is embarrassing itself in more ways than just on the field
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I am not as ashamed of the lack of fan support as I am the support of some of the fans that are there. They cheer like Breathitt has done something good after giving up 5, 10, 20 yards a play. Then yell at anyone that says that the defense needs to play better. Sigh.........

As bad as I hate to say it, Breathitt football has hit rock bottom. It's a sad night on the riverbank!!!
Went to the game, left the game at the half.... Sure was hard to watch the team struggle like this..... The bobcats are no longer the Bobcats of old at all. No pride, no determination, or hustle... This is directed as a team, not individual. Sad times on the riverbank. They need to get in gear, get in weight room, for '16
Hard to believe Breathitt County could fall this far.
They have fallen. Completely different team than against Estill. Moore is a good coach, Beder is a good coach, they know X's and O's but don't have the jimmys and joes
bcpc Wrote:They have fallen. Completely different team than against Estill. Moore is a good coach, Beder is a good coach, they know X's and O's but don't have the jimmys and joes

It is their job to develop the Jimmie and Joe's and that is the main issue the players are not getting better year to year. Weird that we had the Jimmy and Joe's until Holcomb leaves. Player development is non existent
I hear people complaining about 3 seeds and 4 seeded teams shouldn't make the playoffs.. Really, number 3 just kicked #2 a---!!!!
Bobcat4years Wrote:I hear people complaining about 3 seeds and 4 seeded teams shouldn't make the playoffs.. Really, number 3 just kicked #2 a---!!!!

You really can't count breathitt as a legit 2 seed because their district was awful
Casey Co. first ever win in the playoffs..
42-14....Final
Congrats to Casey Co. on a good win for a program that seems to be improving every year.
Good to see Casey County heading in the right direction. Tough district with Bell and Corbin in it.
bcpc Wrote:They have fallen. Completely different team than against Estill. Moore is a good coach, Beder is a good coach, they know X's and O's but don't have the jimmys and joes

We all know the talent level has fallen off, but there is no excuse for how far we have fallen. The coaching staff needs to be held accountable, at some point. There has been zero improvements from week one until now. Football isn't all about X's and O's, it's about teaching fundamentals and player development. Let's be honest, if we were in another 3A district over the past two years, we may be looking at our second winless season!!!
Cat Daddy Wrote:We all know the talent level has fallen off, but there is no excuse for how far we have fallen. The coaching staff needs to be held accountable, at some point. There has been zero improvements from week one until now. Football isn't all about X's and O's, it's about teaching fundamentals and player development. Let's be honest, if we were in another 3A district over the past two years, we may be looking at our second winless season!!!

Couldn't agree more. Well said
There is no question its been a perfect storm to get to this point.We could make excuses,most legit,for why the program is where it is.The FACT is only a coaching change can turn it around at this point.It would create a BUZZ around the program...not to mention a different approach to playing the game and developing players...IMO a coaching change is inevitable..
I can't see them changing coaches..... No matter what... Kyle is a Breathitt Co./Holcomb Prodegy and is respected as a former player, offensive mind, and most importantly politically respected. I would be very surprised if they change anything! Who is Breathitt gonna get who could do any better. What does Breathitt have to offer a better coach. They are still under state control.... That's why they have struggled in my opinion. Breathitt has a nice field, stadium, and tradition... Other than that, what do they have...? I can tell you there probably didn't have 150-200 people last night and thru most home games. There are no outside support or inside support for that matter anymore.....
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:42-14....Final

....and could have been a lot worse. I've seen Bobcat teams in the past that competed without a lot of talent. The difference is effort and discipline.
I can speak with confidence that Kyle is not the issue in Jackson. Breathitt football is not what it was due to the feeder programs being abandoned, lack of interest from the kids, and state management. Change is coming and the team is going to improve I have no doubts. However, making a change in the head coach will not provide a remedy. All the facilities in the world don't help if the talent is young/inexperienced/or not there. Collins moving on will hurt, BAD, but the youth in the program is something to look toward. Kyle is hard on the guys when need be, he's supportive when needed, and expects far more from them than what was shown this year (or last). I think some questions are fair and need to be asked/addressed, maybe Kyle needs to be a bit more of a disciplinarian at times but the biggest issues on the riverbank are rooted in the school. Times WILL improve in Jackson it'll just take some time.
Pages: 1 2