Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Seth Rollins injured, stripped of WWE title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
WWE Champion Seth Rollins was injured day or so ago in a WWE Live Event over Seas. Word is that it's a torn ACL. He's expcted to miss 6-9 months. Their will be a tournament at Survivor Series to crown a new WWE Champion
WWE is already calling both Brock Lesnar and John Cena trying to get them to be apart of Raw as some big names.
This is a great opportunity for them to let more talent shine. Leave lesnar and the five moves of doom cena at home. Cena sets his alarm every day for 1:59 so he can kick out on 2
Really, really unfortunate for Rollins & WWE.

I think it might be time for WWE to finally pull the trigger and give Roman Reigns his run.
I hate to see Rollins go as hot as he has been, BUT - This is a great opportunity to pull the title from him without it coming at the expense of his back to the mat! This sets up him winning the title at Summerslam in some type of quirky comeback!

What this really puts into Limbo is "The Authority". Rollins was all that was left at the Orton, Big Show and Kane departures from the group. This ruins the direction of a Seth/HHH match, which means they will have to start that process all over again by first making nicey nice for months after Seth's return. So, either the Authority goes face for the short term, or they transition Orton back into the fold as the only legitimate title contender. It would be nice to see them spring another surprise and make a big name, but I think that ruins a build-up with Seth again in the future.

Regardless of Seth being out, Cena still should get his time away to get some much needed healing. He's the hardest working superstar in wrestling, and his body just needs a break. I'd rather not see Cena until after the new year. We are only two months away from the Wrestlemania build-up, so 2 months without him will not hurt the attendance numbers too badly.

As for the title, Roman is not who the WWE wants to put the title on. Bottomline, he is a transitional titleholder anyhow. They will cash-in Sheamus and put the title on him before the Wrestlemania hype. To me, this is great time to see if Ambrose can make it with the strap. The crowd loved him in the matches with Seth. It makes sense to do another turn on Reigns from another Shield member. Put the strap on him for a couple of months and let's see what he can do.
Options are limited... but I'm with Dusty and see that you can make something positive out of it.

I'm going to try and lay out some options on either my blog or my podcast after Raw on Monday.

But I know what everyone is thinking... What would I do? lol

I would put it on Kevin Owens and let him feud with Reigns in the meantime.

That will give Reigns a meaningful feud and I think you could work in the little exchange Owens and Rollins had last week where he told Rollins, "You owe me one".

I think the Authority could strip Rollins of the title Monday on Raw and actually make it look like they are done with Seth and he's old news but the future is Owens and they help him beat Roman at Survivor Series.

Then bring Seth back as a babyface when he's healthy.

As far as Sheamus... I don't know what they want to do with him.
There's the option of Roman winning and an immediate Sheamus cash-in, which would automatically get Roman some cheers because Sheamus is equally hated among your casual fans and your smarks.

The idea of a Roman/Ambrose feud with one of them going heel has been tossed around in the past, but all your big babyfaces are hurt or off television right now. I don't think they can afford one of them going heel. Ziggler is tied up with Tyler Breeze right now (look how far he's fallen after a big Survivor Series last year) and I don't know that they want to push Cesaro. Last I heard, Orton was still a few months from returning as well. I think your only options are Reigns, Ambrose, Sheamus or Owens.
Well, leave it to the WWE, but it looks like the Main Event for WM 32 will be Cena/Undertaker. Will it be for the title????
I saw that as soon as I posted my crap.

I would imagine that would be a co-main event and not for the title, but you never know!

Do you guys think Taker goes out on his back at Mania?
Triple H 2.0
Might sound crazy, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Bray Wyatt get the strap.
I'm really bummed out that Rollins got injured but I agree with everyone here, it now created a chance for someone to make their move to the top. Also, I would not be shocked in the least to see Bray Wyatt get the strap now too. He's due!
I don't see Wyatt getting it since he's in the Survivor Series match.
I like Bray, but I don't know what the title does for him.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Might sound crazy, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Bray Wyatt get the strap.

zaga_fan Wrote:I don't see Wyatt getting it since he's in the Survivor Series match.

zaga_fan Wrote:I like Bray, but I don't know what the title does for him.

The Wyatt family is THE ONLY Heel stable right now.
IMO, the Authority will turn Face because they have no choice.

Bray would be a great transition champ. He has kidnapped Taker & Kane and can be a Monster Heel if his family wins the SS match.

Throw him in the title tourney and put the strap on him for a few weeks til the WWE gets a better game plan.
I present this question because I am really curious to know how it would work.
How does The Authority turn face??
Heard that WWE is considering 2 traditional survivor series matches at survivor series
The Authority going face isn't an option in my opinion.
I don't see how they could ever be in a position to have "no choice" on the matter.

As for Bray...
He hasn't attempted to chase a title. Why would he all of a sudden ascend to the top?
In my opinion, if you don't want to jump the shark with him, you wait until someone has the title you want him to feud with and he starts stalking them.

Giving him the title outright isn't the best idea in my opinion.
StrayBullet Wrote:I present this question because I am really curious to know how it would work.
How does The Authority turn face??

All they have left is Hunter and Steph.... hard to be Heels with no active wrestlers.

Promo's can get great Heat, but you gotta have talent in the ring.

A Face turn would be easy.
zaga_fan Wrote:The Authority going face isn't an option in my opinion.
I don't see how they could ever be in a position to have "no choice" on the matter.

As for Bray...
He hasn't attempted to chase a title. Why would he all of a sudden ascend to the top?
In my opinion, if you don't want to jump the shark with him, you wait until someone has the title you want him to feud with and he starts stalking them.

Giving him the title outright isn't the best idea in my opinion.

Not having a title chase is the beauty of it.

A 'dirty' win for the strap only puts more 'heat' on the Wyatt family and gives the WWE universe a shocker.

So what if he looses it before Mania. Right now, Bray is Hot.
zaga_fan Wrote:I saw that as soon as I posted my crap.

I would imagine that would be a co-main event and not for the title, but you never know!

Do you guys think Taker goes out on his back at Mania?

It would not shock me that he did. Taker is old school, thus handing over the reigns to the locker room to the guy he most trusts and respects, yes - he would do it. That's the way he is and he knows that the only guy to appreciate it would be Cena,

But, if you want to send Taker out in grand style AND give the Cena haters their reward, then Cena is known for taking the 3 count at WM's! As much respect as Taker has for Cena, it's reciprocated by Cena. I do not believe Taker could have a better opponent to have a last match!
Guy's guy's guy's, stop with the Bray talk. Cartoon characters do not get World titles in WWE. The 80's are over. Bray is too much of a "charecter" right now! That does not fly, thus as long as there is a "Wyatt Family", with cartoonish monologues and mythical powers, he will NOT get the World Title strap and then be expected to represent a MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR company. Un-uh, no chance in Sister Abigails Hell!
Stardust Wrote:Guy's guy's guy's, stop with the Bray talk. Cartoon characters do not get World titles in WWE. The 80's are over. Bray is too much of a "charecter" right now! That does not fly, thus as long as there is a "Wyatt Family", with cartoonish monologues and mythical powers, he will NOT get the World Title strap and then be expected to represent a MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR company. Un-uh, no chance in Sister Abigails Hell!

If they scripted him to Kidnap Taker & Kane.... he can wear the strap.

And stop raining on my fantasy booking parade Mr. Rhodes.
:redboxer:
^ You should get Sting before long to come to the aid of the brothers of hell....
Since they are going cartoony with Wyatt and he stole the powers of Taker and Kane...

They should have came back on Raw tonight as Corporate Kane and Motorcycle Taker lol
I do appreciate the WWE giving Kane and The Undertaker a proper 'farewell' tour.
So are we all in agreement that after that promo, Roman Reigns is going to "overcome the odds of the Authority" and win the title tournament? Then probably have Sheamus cash in that night and be the Authority's temporary enforcer champ?
^ It makes as much sense as anything - but I'd like to see a swerve. Fans are booing Roman as much as cheering, why not turn on the fans in the finals. He would get MAJOR heat if he did this!!!!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I do appreciate the WWE giving Kane and The Undertaker a proper 'farewell' tour.

Kane isn't going anywhere.
Stardust Wrote:^ It makes as much sense as anything - but I'd like to see a swerve. Fans are booing Roman as much as cheering, why not turn on the fans in the finals. He would get MAJOR heat if he did this!!!!

I didn't say thats what I want to see, its what I'm pretty sure is going to happen. Personally I wouldn't have minded if he reconsidered the offer mid-stream in the Big Show match and used HHH's signature sledge to advance.
Reigns vs Ambrose for the title at survivor series with one of them turning heel and joining the authority.

Dusty agree or disagree ?
Pages: 1 2