Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bath Co.@Belfry 11/6/15 3A-Round-1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Predictions...........:argue
Belfry JV could probably start and finish this game off but I think the starters will play most of the 1st half just to stay warm. Belfry wins ....probably around 60-0.
49-7 Big Red!
Belfry rolls. This one will be over quick.
Belfry.
Belfry by 40
Let's hope running clock really quick.
Haven't had a chance to look too close yet.. but my firth thoughts:

- Bath County is much better than Sheldon Clark and a little better than Pike Central. They actually move pretty well and have some athletic kids.

- Don't be surprised if the talk of "cutting" linemen comes up again. They have employed this technique before with success against a similar offense as Belfry...not saying they will do it again... but don't be surprised.

- Belfry will break big plays on them. One thing you can say about Bath is they are an "all or nothing" type of Defense most games... very aggressive approaches..lots of stunts and blitzes... X Willis has 6 TD's in his last 12 touches... don't be surprised if that stat becomes even more impressive.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Haven't had a chance to look too close yet.. but my firth thoughts:

- Bath County is much better than Sheldon Clark and a little better than Pike Central. They actually move pretty well and have some athletic kids.

- Don't be surprised if the talk of "cutting" linemen comes up again. They have employed this technique before with success against a similar offense as Belfry...not saying they will do it again... but don't be surprised.

- Belfry will break big plays on them. One thing you can say about Bath is they are an "all or nothing" type of Defense most games... very aggressive approaches..lots of stunts and blitzes... X Willis has 6 TD's in his last 12 touches... don't be surprised if that stat becomes even more impressive.

Accurate assessment of the team I feel in comparison to PCC and SC. They will play hard as well. Coach Poynter brought that aspect to the team.

Bath County cannot give up the big play plain and simple. They have to play disciplined or Willis will have a big night.
What are the playoff scenarios for the Pirates. Will they be on Pond Creek as long as they win or will they have to travel?
Belfry_99 Wrote:What are the playoff scenarios for the Pirates. Will they be on Pond Creek as long as they win or will they have to travel?

They will be at home in every game except the Regional. If West Carter makes the Regional Championship then I think Belfry has to travel. Not 100% sure but I also think if Fleming makes the Regional they have to travel as well. If things go as I suspect Belfry will be at home all 4 games.

How I think it will go in the first 4 rounds:
Round 1: Bath Co @ CAM Stadium
Round 2: Russell @ CAM Stadium
Round 3: (Regional Championship) Lawrence Co @ CAM Stadium
Round 4: (State Semis) Corbin @ CAM Stadium
Question for EKUAlum or someone else who may know.

When was the last time Belfry's 1st team Defense has allowed an offensive TD in the postseason? I'm thinking Bourbon in 2013 and that was the only offensive TD(s) scored on the 1st team defense during that seasons playoffs as well? Is that correct? 9/10 last playoff games the Pirates have not given up an offensive TD by the 1st team D?
Belfry_99 Wrote:What are the playoff scenarios for the Pirates. Will they be on Pond Creek as long as they win or will they have to travel?
Will travel for the third round if West Carter/Fleming County is in the regional championship game. Will be at home if Lawrence County is the opponent in the regional championship. All this plays out of course if Belfry takes care of business against Bath County and the winner of Pike Central at Russell.
bucslover68 Wrote:Will travel for the third round if West Carter/Fleming County is in the regional championship game. Will be at home if Lawrence County is the opponent in the regional championship. All this plays out of course if Belfry takes care of business against Bath County and the winner of Pike Central at Russell.
You may be right but I think the only opponent Belfry would have to travel for would be West Carter (the other 1 seed).

If we play any seed lower than us in the regional game I thought we would host.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:You may be right but I think the only opponent Belfry would have to travel for would be West Carter (the other 1 seed).

If we play any seed lower than us in the regional game I thought we would host.

Yes Buc correct. Fleming would have to come to Belfry in that scenario and Belfry would travel to WC. My mistake lol!
bucslover68 Wrote:My mistake lol!

That's 1. Confusedhh:
Why would belfry have to travel to WC when belfry has the better record?
It has to do with seeding, then odd or even numbered districts/regions getting home games in odd or even number years, if seed numbers are the same.
big dawg, small yard Wrote:Why would belfry have to travel to WC when belfry has the better record?

They are both 1 seeds in their District

Odd Year, Odd Hosts

West carter is in District 5 and Belfry is District 6... thus they have to travel.
Belfry wins big.
Long drive there.

Much longer drive back to Owingsville.
In my opinion LC is the 2nd best team in the Region and should beat Fleming easily and then handle West Carter. Having to travel to West Carter will be tough on the Dawgs but I fully expect the two best teams in the region (Belfry and LC) to be playing for the Region title at the CAM
Belfry decides the score in this one. Haywood will pull starters early. Pirates 48-6
Some starters have already been told they won't be dressing Friday night.
proud44pirate Wrote:Some starters have already been told they won't be dressing Friday night.
why?there just starting to get things going without turnovers and there not going play any?
Little banged up, nothing serious but always great to rest, when you can.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:In my opinion LC is the 2nd best team in the Region and should beat Fleming easily and then handle West Carter. Having to travel to West Carter will be tough on the Dawgs but I fully expect the two best teams in the region (Belfry and LC) to be playing for the Region title at the CAM

The Brown kid is the best athlete in region 3 and maybe the east side of 3A. Runs a legit 4.4 and benches well over 300. It will be tougher than you think.
Belfry 52
Bath. 6
Belfry - 43

Bath County - 13
4.4 I call BS. You have no ideal what 4.4 speed can get you. Has he got offers from Bama or OSU. Any kid that runs a 4.4 lazer time gets those offers.
Pages: 1 2