Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bowling Green 38 McCracken County. 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Mustangs had no answer for the Purples offense. It was 31-7 at halftime. MC has some good athletes, but they really need to schedule tougher teams. UK is getting a good one in the Hughes kid. He played running back, but will probably play wide receiver at UK.
Ugly from the start. That team was bad compared to BG, however they would beat Highlands by 50.
adopted purple Wrote:The Mustangs had no answer for the Purples offense. It was 31-7 at halftime. MC has some good athletes, but they really need to schedule tougher teams. UK is getting a good one in the Hughes kid. He played running back, but will probably play wide receiver at UK.

cupcakes cant hang with the Purples.
Wonder how many people were hungover at that "weekly breakfast" when they picked McCracken.... Oh the idiocy
Fade Wrote:Wonder how many people were hungover at that "weekly breakfast" when they picked McCracken.... Oh the idiocy

if the truth was known there was probably only one drunken and delusionalcupcake at the breakfast.
If you told me that McCracken had that many rushing yards I would have said they won the game. BG shut the passing down. The pick 6 and 3-4 fumbles will beat you every time Who ever covered Woods must have done a good job. All that being said BG forced those fumbles. BG was a much better team. I assume we will see them next year at Marquette Stadium just maybe we can be more competitive.
I certainly thought it would be closer than this. I guess the turnovers must have been killers.
Congrats to BG. Trying to get home for the first Saturday in December.
I know one thing, McCracken County's fans travel well. They had at least 1000 fans make the 3 hour drive. Really impressive. It was hard for either team to get rolling because the refs wanted everybody to see them. Three ineligible man downfield flags in the first half. I can't remember that being called a single time this year. They killed several drives for both teams. No clue as to where they were from. I think it affected the game. MC is only three years old. They will be a contender in 6A in the near future.
adopted purple Wrote:I know one thing, McCracken County's fans travel well. They had at least 1000 fans make the 3 hour drive. Really impressive. It was hard for either team to get rolling because the refs wanted everybody to see them. Three ineligible man downfield flags in the first half. I can't remember that being called a single time this year. They killed several drives for both teams. No clue as to where they were from. I think it affected the game. MC is only three years old. They will be a contender in 6A in the near future.

The Mustangs were manhandled by the Purples.
The Purples were handily beaten by St X.
ST X was beaten by both Male and Trinity.
I am afraid it will be a very long time before McCracken is a contender in 6A.
I don't think they are that far away. Ask Manual. Last year MC was whipping them until coach pulled his usual pull the foot off the gas pedal in the second half and lost it. He did the same thing with Lone Oak at state in 09 and lost to Boyle Co when they were killing them at the half.
mysonis55 Wrote:I certainly thought it would be closer than this. I guess the turnovers must have been killers.

The Purples are cupcake killers.
mysonis55 Wrote:I don't think they are that far away. Ask Manual. Last year MC was whipping them until coach pulled his usual pull the foot off the gas pedal in the second half and lost it. He did the same thing with Lone Oak at state in 09 and lost to Boyle Co when they were killing them at the half.

I remember Lone Oak was tough. McCracken should be hard to beat with the right coaching staff.
mysonis55 Wrote:I don't think they are that far away. Ask Manual. Last year MC was whipping them until coach pulled his usual pull the foot off the gas pedal in the second half and lost it. He did the same thing with Lone Oak at state in 09 and lost to Boyle Co when they were killing them at the half.
Thanks for helping to prove my point. McCracken blew a 21 point lead at halftime last year to lose at home to Manual. The same Manual who finished 4th in their district. The year before that in the playoffs they lost badly in the first round to another 4th place team if my memory is correct. McCracken cannot compete against the premier programs in 6A period. Sorry I am just keeping it real.
They won't see Highlands. Cause Highlands won't get that far
It's hard to be a contender in three years. I think they will get better every year. It takes time to field a good team using the platoon system. They at least scheduled Bowling Green. Thats a good start and they have a great fan base behind them.
McCracken has a lot of talented and skilled players.. I thought their coaching was very suspect under the previous regime and felt they lost several games they should have won. I don't know anything about the new staff since they're from out of state.. I said last year when they were looking for a new head coach, that the right hire could progress them into a contender very quickly and the wrong hire could set them back 5 years. The verdicts still out, imo.. They've done pretty well for only being around 3 years and should continue to improve. As far as competing with the top teams, name anyone else in the state that is consistently competing evenly with Male and Trinity? I can't think of any. Scott Co is probably closest and I can see McCracken getting to Scott Co's level in the next few years..