Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Could any City not named Louisville bring home multiple state titles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So as the playoffs seeding settles and the paths to the trophy can be estimated do you see any cities that could have two teams bring home a title? We all know Louisville has multiple chances with Male, Trinity, Central, Etc. but what other cities have that shot.

Cities with current realistic hopes that I see:

Paintsville, KY: Paintsville 1A, Johnson Central 4A
Danville, KY: Danville 2A, Boyle Co 3A

Who else has a shot?
AtlPirateFan Wrote:So as the playoffs seeding settles and the paths to the trophy can be estimated do you see any cities that could have two teams bring home a title? We all know Louisville has multiple chances with Male, Trinity, Central, Etc. but what other cities have that shot.

Cities with current realistic hopes that I see:

Paintsville, KY: Paintsville 1A, Johnson Central 4A
Danville, KY: Danville 2A, Boyle Co 3A

Who else has a shot?

Danville probably has a good a shot as anybody.
I think you nailed the only 2 with a shot to be honest. Possibly Bowling Green with BG and South Warren? I'm honestly not sure where South Warren is located so hopefully one of the posters from out west could help.
pjdoug Wrote:Danville probably has a good a shot as anybody.

Danville is the one I think has the best chance to pull it off.

geauxtigers75 Wrote:I think you nailed the only 2 with a shot to be honest. Possibly Bowling Green with BG and South Warren? I'm honestly not sure where South Warren is located so hopefully one of the posters from out west could help.

I meant to include Bowling Green and South Warren in the first post, SW is located about 7 miles from BGHS.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I think you nailed the only 2 with a shot to be honest. Possibly Bowling Green with BG and South Warren? I'm honestly not sure where South Warren is located so hopefully one of the posters from out west could help.

Bowling Green is in Warren County very close to South Warren. I forgot about that city for some reason lol
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Danville is the one I think has the best chance to pull it off.

I meant to include Bowling Green and South Warren in the first post, SW is located about 7 miles from BGHS.

I know it will be tough,but I think so, too.
Paintsville has a great chance
I think Paintsville and Johnson Central have the best shot with S.Warren and B.Green a close 2nd and Danville and Boyle Co a distant 3rd..
The real "Ville" is Paintsville!!! Johnson Central High and Middle School are actually in the city limits.
This is just conceptual, but Tilghman and McCracken Co. and down the road a bit, Christian County and Hopkinsville. I would mention Murray and Calloway County, but Calloway is a basket case in football.

You could also say Mayfield and Graves Co., again conceptual but Graves made a great run last year.
I would be shocked if any of them pulled it off. But Mayfield got real close last year with GCHS losing by a touchdown. But, they won't even make it out of their region this year.
BigMelon63 Wrote:The real "Ville" is Paintsville!!! Johnson Central High and Middle School are actually in the city limits.

Boyle County High School is in the Danville City limits.
BigMelon63 Wrote:The real "Ville" is Paintsville!!! Johnson Central High and Middle School are actually in the city limits.

The real ville is actually title town with Danville and Boyle both winning titles in multiple years.
I have to think the greater Williamson area has a shot with Belfry (KY AAA) and Mingo Central (WV AA). Also, I give Louisa/Ft Gay an outside shot wit Lawrence County (KY AAA) and Tolsia (WV AA).