Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 4A Playoff Bracket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Winner of JC/Ashland rematch in the regional should represent the east in BG. Still a few missing pieces in the west

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ent_142004
Overall, 4A is the weakest class by far. With Covington Catholic and Highlands moving to 5A, Johnson Central should have a cake walk to the finals each year. Wow!!!!!
Looks like Scott, Ashland, Knox are all the stands in the way of JC heading to BG.
It's very clear JC will easily walk to the Region Championship, mainly with their reserves playing a lot. But doesn't Ashland play a 1 loss Scott team before they meet JC? I wouldn't automatically give them the W just yet.
Class 4A
Region 1: Hopkinsville/South Warren
Region 2: Spencer Co/Shelby Co
Region 3: Knox Central / Wayne Co
Region 4: Ashland / Johnson Central
West Semi: South Warren / Shelby Co
East Semi: Knox Central / Johnson Central
State: South Warren / Johnson Central
Ashland vs South Warren.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Overall, 4A is the weakest class by far. With Covington Catholic and Highlands moving to 5A, Johnson Central should have a cake walk to the finals each year. Wow!!!!!

You may look like this...... :muscleman

And I may look like this......:beavis:

But those words will get you :ChairHit::letsfight

Smile
Region 1: Hopkinsville/South Warren
Region 2: John Hardin/Shelby County
Region 3: Mercer County/Wayne County
Region 4: Ashland Blazer/Johnson Central
West Semi-finals: South Warren/John Hardin
East Semi-finals: Wayne County/Johnson Central
State Championship: South Warren/Johnson Central
State Champion: South Warren
Cat Daddy Wrote:Overall, 4A is the weakest class by far. With Covington Catholic and Highlands moving to 5A, Johnson Central should have a cake walk to the finals each year. Wow!!!!!
If Covington Catholic and Highlands not moved up to 5A this season, they would still be watching the 4A final game from the stands. Both teams are weak and neither would have been a match for Johnson Central, Ashland, or South Warren. Beating Ashland and South Warren to win the 4A state title will be no cakewalk.
Just wanna say thanks to the JC fans acknowledging the toughness of Ashland in these threads. Top Notch and Class See you at "The Nest" For the regional Final.
[COLOR="Red"]Both JC and Ashland have a well balanced team! !Biggest difference in the two would be the kicker and JC has the advantage by a long shot. The game between these two was probably one of the best I've ever watched.
Defense showed up on both sides.[/COLOR]
baller55 Wrote:[COLOR="Red"]Both JC and Ashland have a well balanced team! !Biggest difference in the two would be the kicker and JC has the advantage by a long shot. The game between these two was probably one of the best I've ever watched.
Defense showed up on both sides.[/COLOR]
Tyler Pack was huge In the outcome of the game. Ashland spent most of it backed up in there own territory
Pulp Fiction Wrote:You may look like this...... :muscleman

Smile

I'm not hating on you Pulp!! I actually believe Johnson Central would win 5A this year, if Covington Catholic and Highlands were both still in their region. Johnson Central should win multiple state titles, with this set up.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:You may look like this...... :muscleman

Smile

Cat Daddy Wrote:I'm not hating on you Pulp!! I actually believe Johnson Central would win 5A this year, if Covington Catholic and Highlands were both still in their region. Johnson Central should win multiple state titles, with this set up.

Don't start the Back Stroke now big boy........

This is Cat Daddy doing the Back Stroke :biggrin:

[Image: Backstroke.jpg]

:biglmao:
i wouldn't over look Wayne County, they are finding balance on offense and the young QB is playing well as of lately

2A is extremely weak. Only 2 teams that have a chance to win the championship. 4A I think has 4-5 that could win the championship.

I'll be pulling for Johnson though!
I think you will see rematch of greenup county and Johnson central this year. And could be interesting
Have Johnson vs green up
Ashland vs Scott
Than the winners matching each other
Ok, mark it down the east will win 4A just because HHS has moved up. LOL that is a joke and notice I have left out Cov Catholic. Region 2 is loaded with 5 teams that IMO could win the east.
Tommy2tone Wrote:Ok, mark it down the east will win 4A just because HHS has moved up. LOL that is a joke and notice I have left out Cov Catholic. Region 2 is loaded with 5 teams that IMO could win the east.
Who are these 5 world beaters? It seems to me that the 4 of the 5 best 4A teams from the west have either been major disappointments (John Hardin) this season or they have not been tested because they played very weak schedules. Knox Central, a team that has little chance of winning the east has already beaten Central, the team that bounced SW from the playoffs a year ago. You are delusional if you think any team from the west besides South Warren is even close to the level of Ashland and Johnson Central.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Who are these 5 world beaters? It seems to me that the 4 of the 5 best 4A teams from the west have either been major disappointments (John Hardin) this season or they have not been tested because they played very weak schedules. Knox Central, a team that has little chance of winning the east has already beaten Central, the team that bounced SW from the playoffs a year ago. You are delusional if you think any team from the west besides South Warren is even close to the level of Ashland and Johnson Central.

Well you better get me some medication cause I don't think that I am delusional.
Tommy2tone Wrote:Well you better get me some medication cause I don't think that I am delusional.
You never answered my question. Who are these five teams from the west of which you speak that are better than Ashland and Johnson Central? If South Warren is for real, then they will not be challenged until they reach the finals because the other 4A teams out west are nothing but pretenders.
Ok, have heard this for years just because of Highlands in the east and west was horrible. Just think the east rest on the shoulders of HHS just like they have with Cov. Cath all those years.
Only 3 teams can win it. Enough said.
Tommy2tone Wrote:Ok, have heard this for years just because of Highlands in the east and west was horrible. Just think the east rest on the shoulders of HHS just like they have with Cov. Cath all those years.
Only 3 teams can win it. Enough said.
So, in other words, you don't want to answer the question. That is fine with me. No rule requires you to elaborate on your wild claims. Confusednicker:

FYI, in most of the seasons that Highlands won state titles since 2007, its toughest games on the road to the title came from teams within its own region. In some years, that competition came from Johnson Central and in other years it came from Covington Catholic. Last season, Ashland stayed within striking distance of Highlands until very late in the 4th quarter and the Tomcats are a much better team this season.

Yet, you expect those of us in the east to believe that there are five (on another site, you claimed six) teams in the west that could beat JC or Ashland. I don't believe that there are six teams in the west that could beat Scott, Knox Central, Greenup County, and Wayne County.

I would not be shocked to see South Warren win the state title, but the western part of the state is not blessed with a plethora of strong 4A teams this season, and that has been true for quite a few years.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:So, in other words, you don't want to answer the question. That is fine with me. No rule requires you to elaborate on your wild claims. Confusednicker:

FYI, in most of the seasons that Highlands won state titles since 2007, its toughest games on the road to the title came from teams within its own region. In some years, that competition came from Johnson Central and in other years it came from Covington Catholic. Last season, Ashland stayed within striking distance of Highlands until very late in the 4th quarter and the Tomcats are a much better team this season.

Yet, you expect those of us in the east to believe that there are five (on another site, you claimed six) teams in the west that could beat JC or Ashland. I don't believe that there are six teams in the west that could beat Scott, Knox Central, Greenup County, and Wayne County.

I would not be shocked to see South Warren win the state title, but the western part of the state is not blessed with a plethora of strong 4A teams this season, and that has been true for quite a few years.

Actually the west is much stronger than the east, and will be for years to come. And to your ridiculous comment about John Hardin being a disappointment, every JH fan knows this senior class is the weakest and least talented group they've had in years. All of their skill positions are underclassmen so them being where they are is an accomplishment. They won't beat SW this year but neither will anyone else.
hoss403 Wrote:Actually the west is much stronger than the east, and will be for years to come. And to your ridiculous comment about John Hardin being a disappointment, every JH fan knows this senior class is the weakest and least talented group they've had in years. All of their skill positions are underclassmen so them being where they are is an accomplishment. They won't beat SW this year but neither will anyone else.
So is John Hardin one of those five or six teams that are better than both Ashland and Johnson Central, or are there five or six other teams that should be ranked at the top of Class 5A above all the teams from the east? If any of the 4A cupcakes from the west give South Warren a competitive game on the way to Bowling Green, it will not bode well for their title hopes.
Outside of SW, the west is down. Outside of Ashland and JC, the east is down. Class 4A is a 3 team race.
Well according to most of you it is a 3 team race however I think anyone in district 4 along with John Hardin and south Warren could contend for the east. That is my opion and have been saying it all year. Even gave JC some love for their loan victory over LC however I don't think LC could win the 4A east this year. I think so many say 4A is down cause HHS and Boyle have moved on. I am telling you all it is not down but just reloaded with quality teams, adding Franklin John Hardin Shelby from 5A loaded it back up. Not to HHS standards of OLD but gave added quality teams.
Tommy2tone Wrote:Well according to most of you it is a 3 team race however I think anyone in district 4 along with John Hardin and south Warren could contend for the east. That is my opion and have been saying it all year. Even gave JC some love for their loan victory over LC however I don't think LC could win the 4A east this year. I think so many say 4A is down cause HHS and Boyle have moved on. I am telling you all it is not down but just reloaded with quality teams, adding Franklin John Hardin Shelby from 5A loaded it back up. Not to HHS standards of OLD but gave added quality teams.
South Warren could not even reach the title game in 3A, which was much weaker than 4A and much weaker the past few seasons than it is this year with the addition of Boyle and Lexington Catholic. Meanwhile, Johnson Central was beating state titlist Belfry most seasons and in its only match-up with a state champion from Louisville Central, JC dominated the Yellowjackets.

Johnson Central failed to reach the state finals because it was in a very strong 4A region with the eventual state champion except for the year that Collins won it. South Warren failed to reach the state finals because they played pretty weak competition and could not beat a good 3A team.

South Warren may win a state title in its first year competing in 4A, but to think that all of the top teams in 4A are suddenly in the western part of the state is ridiculous. Yes, I know that you have been saying the same thing, week after week after week and you have been saying it on multiple websites as well. If saying it made it so, then South Warren would already have the trophy for 2015 in their case.

In just a few weeks, South Warren will either prove you a prophet or a fool. I know that there are many good teams in 4A that are capable of beating Johnson Central on a given night. Sooner or later, you will learn that the same is true of South Warren.