Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 1A Playoff Bracket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Still a few pieces to fall in place.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ent_142001
why does paris..hazard and south Floyd have no opponents in brackets in 1st round? I thought all 1a teams made playoffs regardless of records?
the seeding has not been set for their opponents yet. This weeks games will determine who goes where of the missing teams
Harlan has the 1 seed in District 7 and will play Jenkins. Williamsburg is the 2 seed and Pineville is 3rd.
Here is how I think 1A will shake out

Class A
Region 1: Russellville/Bethleham
Region 2: Holy Cross/Beechwood
Region 3: Paris/Paintsville
Region 4: Harlan/Pikeville
West Semi: Russellville/Beechwood
East Semi: Paintsville/Harlan
State: Beechwood v. Paintsville
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Here is how I think 1A will shake out

Class A

Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:Confusednicker:

Copy paste fail. That should be Pikeville /Shame
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Copy paste fail. That should be Pikeville /Shame

Confusednicker:
there is on team on here with an unblemished record so far this year that nobody has talked much about. or what do we know about them? Paris greyhounds sit 9-0 and are on a collision course with Fairview in second round of playoffs. ive seen some footage of the clark kid at rb...but how many wins do their opponents have? strength of schedule? seven home games also? 7 home games wow!! litkenhous rating? anyone know. that district is a little less competitive than district 6 to say the least. just saying if Fairview gets a shot at the greyhounds. im going with Fairview at least until region championship game and rematch with Paintsville. how many teams can say they have played two undefeated teams in 1A? the eagles can if the win at home vs Nicholas county in first round...then like I said its on to paris...and the eagles have the FRANCE. makaris france that is!! #42
Paris Greyhounds

Opponents Combined Record are currently 41 - 51
Best Wins: Bishop Brossart (8-1), Pineville (6-3), Ludlow (6-4), Nicholas Co (5-4)
Current Ratings: MaxPreps #6, Courier Journal #4, Cal Preps #6
SoS: -20.7 according to cal preps, worst SoS in the top 10
Paris has speed on the defensive side of the ball. They have a solid running game and a passing game that is effective in spurts. But, they havent really played anyone that was a real contender to beat them. But, they have given up fewer points than any team in 1A by almost 40 points. With that said, I dont think anyone in their schedule is as good as who they will face from the second round on. West Carter blasted Nicholas County, Raceland handled West Carter a little better than the score (36-25) indicates, holding the Comets to negative total yards in the second half and Fairview and Raceland were neck and neck for 4 quarters.

With that said I think the Raceland district will sweep the first round, Fairview will handle Paris, Paintsville will likely handle Raceland in the second round and yet again, we see Paintsville, Fairview, and Raceland's district playing for the region. If Raceland manages to get their shit together, it could make for a Raceland/Fairview rematch (but that is rather unlikely, imo). Paris though, isnt someone to over look, nor is Bishop Brossart.

Regaurdless, I think its a District 6 regional final again and another district 6 state semifinalist. Whoever comes out of our district will have my full support. I have always had a good deal of respect for the Paintsville community and seeing how things are being handled at Fairview now, makes me dislike them a tad bit less lol.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Paris Greyhounds

Best Wins: Bishop Brossart (8-1), Pineville (6-3), Ludlow (6-4), Nicholas Co (5-4)
if anyone could post the link to Louisville courier journal litkenhous ratings for this week? very interesting numbers! they have Paintsville, Fairview, and raceland in top 4 in the state
scrappy coco Wrote:if anyone could post the link to Louisville courier journal litkenhous ratings for this week? very interesting numbers! they have Paintsville, Fairview, and raceland in top 4 in the state

in 1A of course
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Paris has speed on the defensive side of the ball. They have a solid running game and a passing game that is effective in spurts. But, they havent really played anyone that was a real contender to beat them. But, they have given up fewer points than any team in 1A by almost 40 points. With that said, I dont think anyone in their schedule is as good as who they will face from the second round on. West Carter blasted Nicholas County, Raceland handled West Carter a little better than the score (36-25) indicates, holding the Comets to negative total yards in the second half and Fairview and Raceland were neck and neck for 4 quarters.

With that said I think the Raceland district will sweep the first round, Fairview will handle Paris, Paintsville will likely handle Raceland in the second round and yet again, we see Paintsville, Fairview, and Raceland's district playing for the region. If Raceland manages to get their shit together, it could make for a Raceland/Fairview rematch (but that is rather unlikely, imo). Paris though, isnt someone to over look, nor is Bishop Brossart.

Regaurdless, I think its a District 6 regional final again and another district 6 state semifinalist. Whoever comes out of our district will have my full support. I have always had a good deal of respect for the Paintsville community and seeing how things are being handled at Fairview now, makes me dislike them a tad bit less lol.
that's kinda what I was thinking too scotty. district 6 will most certainly have a great shot to getting to the carpet in BG. also will root for anyone in this group. and anything can happen in the playoffs, with non local officials also. which is a good thing
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Paris Greyhounds

ATL Pirate this has to be categorized in the Ripleys believe it or not section! As its been written and verified by countless sthregth of schedule experts and data grues dating back to last year for comparisons it's just not possible the another team has a worse strength of schedule than Paintsville :insane:
Impossible :flame:
scrappy coco Wrote:if anyone could post the link to Louisville courier journal litkenhous ratings for this week? very interesting numbers! they have Paintsville, Fairview, and raceland in top 4 in the state

Alot of that is based off teams opponents SOS as well. Raceland having Paintsville, Ashland, Valley all are 1 loss or none, West Carter has 2 losses, Lawrence Co only has 3. So that beefs up Raceland's Lit Ranking. No way Raceland or Fairview are top 5 teams right now. Right now Im not certain that Raceland is top 10 at this point, which according to the AP, they arent.
Beechwood vs Pikeville/Paintsville winner.
Region 1: Russellville/Crittenden County
Region 2: Holy Cross (Louisville)/Beechwood
Region 3: Pairs/Paintsville
Region 4: Hazard/Pikeville
West Semi-finals: Russellville/Beechwood
East Semi-finals: Paintsvillle/Pikeville
State Championship:Beechwood/Pikeville
State Champion: Beechwood
wildcats fan Wrote:Region 1: Russellville/Crittenden County
Region 2: Holy Cross (Louisville)/Beechwood
Region 3: Pairs/Paintsville
Region 4: Hazard/Pikeville
West Semi-finals: Russellville/Beechwood
East Semi-finals: Paintsvillle/Pikeville
State Championship:Beechwood/Pikeville
State Champion: Beechwood

good estimation, I think you flopped when you chose Pikeville over Paintsville though. Paintsville's year to win it big, and the tigers will take home the trophy
Confusedinglepar
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Here is how I think 1A will shake out

Class A

TB Liked this, he hopes to see Harlan LOL....:biglmao::flame:
Would any of this seasons 1A teams been able to take down Mayfield if they hadn't moved up? IA seems pretty stacked at the top and this could have been the year to knock them off. It's a shame they couldn't have stayed one more year.
jetpilot Wrote:TB Liked this, he hopes to see Harlan LOL....:biglmao::flame:

You got to admit you would have liked it too JP Confusedinglepar
Williamsburg is going to upset someone I'm pretty sure this year in the playoff. :Cheerlead hazard or Pikeville second round. Confusednicker:......I think
64SUR Wrote:Williamsburg is going to upset someone I'm pretty sure this year in the playoff. :Cheerlead hazard or Pikeville second round. Confusednicker:......I think

S*** :partyhard:partyhard
having seen Mayfield with my own eyes in 2012 state game I will tell you that from top to bottom they are the real deal. coaches, fans, players parents. also with 1A getting the shaft on state championship game times usually 11 AM on first day. many teams come to BG unprepared for an early game and Mayfield seems to thrive at that time of day. also with that tradition and knowing what to expect. well im glad for one to see them gone to 2A...which they will probably win this year by the way!!
64SUR Wrote:Williamsburg is going to upset someone I'm pretty sure this year in the playoff. :Cheerlead hazard or Pikeville second round. Confusednicker:......I think

Williamsburg would play Pikeville in the second round. I don't think they can play within 20 of Pikeville this year.
My "Final Four" . . .

West - Campbellsville/Beechwood

East - Paintsville/Pikeville
Old Jumper Wrote:My "Final Four" . . .

West - Campbellsville/Beechwood

East - Paintsville/Pikeville

Campbellsville has fell off the map since losing there two best players.