Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rankings Week Ending 10/24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1 A

1) Paintsville (6)*
2) Beechwood (6)*
3) Pikeville
4) Russellville
5) Paris
6) Hazard
7) Fairview
8) Bishop Bossart
9) Raceland
10) Bethlehem
* Paintsville (114) Beechwood (113)

2 A

1) Mayfield (12)
2) Christian Academy of Louisville
3) DeSales
4) Danville
5) Owensboro Catholic
6) Shelby Valley
7) Murray
8) Newport Central Catholic
9) Leslie County
10) Lloyd Memorial

3A

1) Central (8)
2) Belfry (2)
3) Boyle (1)
4) Elizabethtown (1)
5) Caldwell County
6) Lexington Catholic
7) Paducah Tilghman
8) Corbin
9) Adair County
10) Bell County

4A

1) Johnson County (6)*
1) South Warren (6)*
2) Ashland Blazar
3) Shelby County
4) Scott
5) Hopkinsville
6) Spencer County
7) Franklin County
8) John Hardin
9) Wayne County
10) East Jessamine

5A

1) Bowling Green (9)
2) Pulaski County (3)
3) Owensboro
4) Fern Creek
5) North Laurel
6) Christian County
7) South Oldham
8) Southwestern
9) Greenwood
10) North Bullitt*
11) Highlands*

6A

1) Male (12)
2) Trinity
3) Scott County
4) Simon Kenton
5) St. Xavier
6) McCracken County
7) DuPont Manual
8) Lafayette
9) Cooper
10) Ryle
The silence on this thread is deafening!
It looks about right to me, although I'm not certain Raceland is a top ten team.
BigMelon63 Wrote:The silence on this thread is deafening!
As I said before to another poster who was ranting about the rankings, they tend to shake themselves out by time district games roll around. Come playoff time, anything can happen, but I really believe this is one of the more fair systems around. In terms of Raceland, I'm not sure they're top 10 either. Wildly inconsistent but those good games are what keeps them hanging around.
Granny Bear Wrote:1 A

1) Paintsville (6)*
2) Beechwood (6)*
3) Pikeville
4) Russellville
5) Paris
6) Hazard
7) Fairview
8) Bishop Bossart
9) Raceland
10) Bethlehem
* Paintsville (114) Beechwood (113)

2 A

1) Mayfield (12)
2) Christian Academy of Louisville
3) DeSales
4) Danville
5) Owensboro Catholic
6) Shelby Valley
7) Murray
8) Newport Central Catholic
9) Leslie County
10) Lloyd Memorial

3A

1) Central (8)
2) Belfry (2)
3) Boyle (1)
4) Elizabethtown (1)
5) Caldwell County
6) Lexington Catholic
7) Paducah Tilghman
8) Corbin
9) Adair County
10) Bell County

4A

1) Johnson County (6)*
1) South Warren (6)*
2) Ashland Blazar
3) Shelby County
4) Scott
5) Hopkinsville
6) Spencer County
7) Franklin County
8) John Hardin
9) Wayne County
10) East Jessamine

5A

1) Bowling Green (9)
2) Pulaski County (3)
3) Owensboro
4) Fern Creek
5) North Laurel
6) Christian County
7) South Oldham
8) Southwestern
9) Greenwood
10) North Bullitt*
11) Highlands*

6A

1) Male (12)
2) Trinity
3) Scott County
4) Simon Kenton
5) St. Xavier
6) McCracken County
7) DuPont Manual
8) Lafayette
9) Cooper
10) Ryle

I think some of the voters loose their brains when they are voting on 3A..... :zzz:
Ramcat77 Wrote:It looks about right to me, although I'm not certain Raceland is a top ten team.

I know some are saying Raceland isn't top 10 but there is no reason to give up hope.

Raceland is top 10 and they really need to wake up and realize they are going to have to change a few things and that's run the ball with your key playmakers they had returning.. Limiting to 2 of the 3 starts and not utilizing all your cards is what gets you beat. Yes you may want to play them 1 way but now these kids need to lay it on the line and play both ways. Yes they can still get a few series of rest with subs coming in but put the best kids out there and win or lose with all the cards that you've been dealt with.
What part of 3A voting do you not agree with? I'm guessing maybe it is Etown getting a first place vote from someone? I can say honestly, that wasn't me. Lol
PHSForever Wrote:As I said before to another poster who was ranting about the rankings, they tend to shake themselves out by time district games roll around. Come playoff time, anything can happen, but I really believe this is one of the more fair systems around. In terms of Raceland, I'm not sure they're top 10 either. Wildly inconsistent but those good games are what keeps them hanging around.

I had them around 7/8. If we lose to Russell, they will drop from my top 10. The only thing keeping them there right now is potential and the way they played weeks 3-5. Should they step back up to playing on that level, I think they will beat Russell and win a playoff game or two. Some serious attitude adjustment needs to be found though. Idk where the fight has gone in that team. Thats the most disapointing thing for me.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I had them around 7/8. If we lose to Russell, they will drop from my top 10. The only thing keeping them there right now is potential and the way they played weeks 3-5. Should they step back up to playing on that level, I think they will beat Russell and win a playoff game or two. Some serious attitude adjustment needs to be found though. Idk where the fight has gone in that team. Thats the most disapointing thing for me.

Sounds like they need a leader. Hazard is decimated with injuries but those kids are fighting hard and will be ready to go. I've seen 3 games this year of Hazard and they have improved in each and every game. 8-2 isn't bad for what hazard has lost to injury. The good thing Hazard is still a young team and should get better over the next couple of years. This team is better than the team that Fairview beat early in the season. The loss to Pikeville isn't that bad because they competed hard for 3 quarters before Pikeville pulled away. Hazard does have potential but they need to be consistent in passing and running.
PHSForever Wrote:What part of 3A voting do you not agree with? I'm guessing maybe it is Etown getting a first place vote from someone? I can say honestly, that wasn't me. Lol

For me it's Lex Cath and Boyle Co. Yes, Lex Cath has 3 losses but they also have the stronger schedule and the head to head win. I can't fathom Lex Cath being 3 spots behind Boyle.
PHSForever Wrote:What part of 3A voting do you not agree with? I'm guessing maybe it is Etown getting a first place vote from someone? I can say honestly, that wasn't me. Lol

I just pulled my listings, and I can attest to this!!

Smile
AtlPirateFan Wrote:For me it's Lex Cath and Boyle Co. Yes, Lex Cath has 3 losses but they also have the stronger schedule and the head to head win. I can't fathom Lex Cath being 3 spots behind Boyle.

The overall 3a rankings and mine are nowhere near the same. I also am not responsible for the E'town first place vote. The other classes are very similar to how I voted.
I too have to wonder who gave E-town a first place vote. Bc it wasnt myself either. Other than that they are all close to how i voted, i do regret knocking Lex Cath down below 6 though. I think if you swap etown and lex cath its about spot on.
I don't get to vote or I would vote Corbin higher. Jmo remember I said it see you in bowling green Confusednicker:
I don't know how Russell can be left out of the top ten, but that's ok. I love being overlooked and being the underdog. Time will tell.
^
Bell beat out Russell by only 2 points.

Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I too have to wonder who gave E-town a first place vote. Bc it wasnt myself either. Other than that they are all close to how i voted, i do regret knocking Lex Cath down below 6 though. I think if you swap etown and lex cath its about spot on.

LOL..well it wasn't ME either!!
mightydog Wrote:I don't know how Russell can be left out of the top ten, but that's ok. I love being overlooked and being the underdog. Time will tell.

With all due respect who has Russell beaten? With a schedule like theirs they need to be undefeated IMO to earn a top ten spot. Barely beat a down Ironton team. Blown out by their best opponent Ashland.
Several key factors in that Ashland loss. No need to go into that. And yes they laid an egg against Fleming. But like I said, just like last year they will be overlooked come playoff time.
Partial tournament brackets just released by KHSAA.
^
Yeah, reading them made my stomach hurt!

Smile
Most glaring thing was definitely Lex Cath being at 6 in 3A. Behind a Boyle County team they beat?

Also, Newport Catholic behind a Shelby Valley... Not sure I'm buying that one either.
Cardinals ride Wrote:Most glaring thing was definitely Lex Cath being at 6 in 3A. Behind a Boyle County team they beat?

Also, Newport Catholic behind a Shelby Valley... Not sure I'm buying that one either.
I think voters are looking to the Brumbaugh injury and is he truly healthy? If not, they won't advance far in the playoffs. If he's healthy, they have a shot at challenging Boyle again and maybe winning
PHSForever Wrote:I think voters are looking to the Brumbaugh injury and is he truly healthy? If not, they won't advance far in the playoffs. If he's healthy, they have a shot at challenging Boyle again and maybe winning

I don't think Brumaugh being hurt is an issue for them. They beat Boyle without him behind a 13/18 200 Yard 3TD performance from Fagot and 4/6 for 97 Yards and a TD from Thompson. I think QB depth is something that Lex Cath has. I believe the real threat at Lex Cath is Ogbogu as long as that kid is on the field it doesn't matter who us throwing the ball.
Seven of the top 10 in 5A are from the west. This has been the case the last five years. Pulaski County has been the flag bearer in the east and now they have Highlands and Covington Catholic. It will be much more balanced in the future.
[QUscotty_Bronson;1934582]I too have to wonder who gave E-town a first place vote. Bc it wasnt myself either. Other than that they are all close to how i voted, i do regret knocking Lex Cath down below 6 though. I think if you swap etown and lex cath its about spot on.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't me either. Who ever it was must have been going on just their record and not who they've played.