Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Murrray @ Paducah Tilghman 10/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unusual game since Tilghman for several years has had an open date the last week of the season to help injuries heal before the playoffs. Should be an even match and I say PT holds on to win 24-21 but Murray could easily prevail.
Im not sure who wins. I think this will be a very good game. I only hope both go into the playoffs injury free. Both will be tough outs in the playoffs.
Should be a high scoring game...jmo. :popcorn:

Paducah Tilghman 42
Murray 38
Murray by 2 touchdowns.
Murray in a rout 35-14.
I think Murray has the better team.. More size, better running game, better D.. PT throws the ball better and may have a little more overall team speed and depth and they're playing very well these past few weeks, so, I won't be surprised either way.. Being at PT may give them a slight edge,so, I'll go with them to beat the Tigers 21-14
Murray by 1. Teams are pretty even. You never know which PT bunch shows up
Murray by a couple...after playing these two teams Murray's team is deff the better of the two..they would have to be the favorites
To clarify OTOTW, is that a couple points or a couple touchdowns?
PT made a major change to their defense a couple weeks ago, at first it looked a little ragged, but has improved. This will be their fist big test with the new alignment and I am sure it will be a good one with Murray's ground game. The PT offense has been rolling well and has recently been bolstered by the return of starting QB Jesse Dunnigan.
Both teams come in looking for a launch-board win heading into the playoffs. Both teams had different degrees of success against common opponents, so that does not offer us any insight.
Should be a good matchup, but give me PT with a slight edge at home.

PT 38
Murray 24
I think ill lean alittle towards Murray. Mayfield did pretty good against a healthy Tilghman, but struggled against Murray who im not even sure was at 100%. I just remembered Bright was out against Murray, but not against Tilghman so that swings it back the other way some. I still give a slight edge to Murray, but Tilghman being at home plus some changes on D could possibly be enough to close gap so ill say this goes to wire and maybe even to OT. Murray by 1 point in OT. Both teams should get a lot out of this game heading into playoffs.
mysonis55 Wrote:Murray by 2 touchdowns.

55 you have talk about Paducah Tilghman for 4 yrs now. when are they going to win. :igiveup:
They just started with the new coaching staff last year 64. It usually takes a new coach 3-4 years to get his system through to his kids. Some of that curve is getting the right assistants. Some of it is giving the younger kids time to learn the ins and outs of the new scheme. Some of it is just getting the community to support you and therefore send you their kids. I think PT is a little ahead of the curve in that they will go a little further than most expect this year. I think they could be real tough next year or the year after.
Pulling for PT
mysonis55 Wrote:They just started with the new coaching staff last year 64. It usually takes a new coach 3-4 years to get his system through to his kids. Some of that curve is getting the right assistants. Some of it is giving the younger kids time to learn the ins and outs of the new scheme. Some of it is just getting the community to support you and therefore send you their kids. I think PT is a little ahead of the curve in that they will go a little further than most expect this year. I think they could be real tough next year or the year after.

Im not sure about next year 55. Doesn't Tilghman graduate a lot of starters this year from skill positions plus there line has been there weak spot. Ive seen there 7th and 8th grade teams the last 2 years and I see a lot of potential. I think year after next we will see a big climb for Tilghman, and they will be strong for a few years.
It didn't seem to take McCracken's coach 3-4 years to make his mark.

If there is a change with Rogers, it's that the news is about the team and less about the coaches. But the errors and penalties are still around.
One of the best games many years ago was between Murray and Tilghman, huge overflow type crowd that only happens now when Tilghman plays McCracken or a few years ago Lone Oak. I think Tilghman won like 7 to 2. Does anyone recall?
no
blue55 Wrote:One of the best games many years ago was between Murray and Tilghman, huge overflow type crowd that only happens now when Tilghman plays McCracken or a few years ago Lone Oak. I think Tilghman won like 7 to 2. Does anyone recall?

No, and I have seen 90% of their games for the last 30 years.
Tica Wrote:It didn't seem to take McCracken's coach 3-4 years to make his mark.

If there is a change with Rogers, it's that the news is about the team and less about the coaches. But the errors and penalties are still around.

Who wouldn't walk into the McCracken job and look good. When you are the only 6a school within an hour and a half drive, and bigger than most schools close by by a large margin you should win a lot of games playing 2, and 3a schools. Plus they are in a weak district. When McCracken starts playing in the semis or farther 8 out of 10 years or so we can say they have reached a high level, but until then getting bounced in the 1st couple rounds isn't that successville. If your seasons success is based off of going 8-2 and beating up on a weak schedule your not setting your goals near high enough.
If anything positive came from Tilghman's QB injury and his three week hiatus, it's that they focused on their running game more and they now have a legit rushing threat in Sayveon McEwen. But playing Murray is not the same as playing Trigg and Union Co. Murray is giving up 15 points a game and Tilghman is averaging 35, and giving up 22, so something's gotta give.
McCracken's District is what it is. Henderson is also one of the largest schools in the state, which all 6A schools are. Mayfield and Tilghman are the only schools they play in a class below them, give the new coach some time and the schedule will improve even more. If they don't play Mayfield or Tilghman they would never hear the end of it.
God knows he has the technology to help. He and the stangs used it to pull a Belichek on Mayfield. They would have the linebackers yell the play Arnett called out. They would relay it to the sidelines. Then they would go back and review what we did so they knew what our plays were. Easy to do when you have the money they do.
mysonis55 Wrote:God knows he has the technology to help. He and the stangs used it to pull a Belichek on Mayfield. They would have the linebackers yell the play Arnett called out. They would relay it to the sidelines. Then they would go back and review what we did so they knew what our plays were. Easy to do when you have the money they do.

So thats why the players leaving the field went and watched replays on that tv on the sidelines under the tent Makes it alot easier when you can see a replay of a play that you know what it was called. Might have to do what Crittenden does with the posterboards so you dont have to yell a play.
How does McCracken get involved with a Murray Tilghman game.
After some research
PT played a series with Murray in 1961-1973
And again 1977-1980

The results were 1 tie, 0-0 the first year they played, 1961

14 wins for PT
2 wins for Murray
Maybe I dreamed up the 7-2 score maybe it was 0 to 0 game, was Murray undefeated that year at the time?