Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Umpire Training in Pikeville, KY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Umpire training will be offered to those persons interested in learning to
umpire baseball or softball. The training will primarily cover the high
school level; other levels may be discussed as needed. Training will take
place at the Pikeville College Library,(up on the hill at Pikeville
College), on the following Wednesdays, Jan. 17th, Jan. 24th, and Jan. 31st
from 7PM to 9PM . For further information, please contact Robert Staggs at
606-432-1807 or Pete Runyon at 606-353-4598. Umpire mechanics and rules
will be taught. There is no cost for the training.
Will this training certify the participants to work games for the upcoming season?
Lost Ball Wrote:Will this training certify the participants to work games for the upcoming season?

I can't say for sure, you'll need to call one of the numbers listed for details, but I'm guessing it will because they say they NEED umpires.
Hopefully, they will train new umpires that they are not "THE SHOW", like some that umpire now.
Also, someone please tell some umpires that the bow tie is not approved by the KHSAA to be worn with a baseball umpires uniform.
Old Timer Wrote:Hopefully, they will train new umpires that they are not "THE SHOW", like some that umpire now.
Also, someone please tell some umpires that the bow tie is not approved by the KHSAA to be worn with a baseball umpires uniform.

I couldn't help but laugh at your comment, Old Timer, you see the instructor for the class is Mr. Bowtie. But your point is well taken:thumpsup:
Blackknight Wrote:I couldn't help but laugh at your comment, Old Timer, you see the instructor for the class is Mr. Bowtie. But your point is well taken:thumpsup:

:lmao: I wasn't going to say a word Smile
someone needs to get the camera ready I do believe Mr. Bowtie will teach this class in his bowtie. Smile Smile
I may stop by there with my digital and post you all some pics!!!!
We love you Mr Bow Tie Confusedhh: