Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Madison Southern 43 Anderson Co 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This game wasn't close. Anderson scored late on the JV guys. I want to give some props to Coach Clark and his staff for the way they have built a program. Damien Harris put the program on the map, but Coach Clark had a plan with a tough schedule and never letting his kids get down. This is the first district championship in Southern's history. Madison Southern did not want to leave the district with Pulaski and said they will always continue playing them because if you want to build a program thats what you do is play great competition and Coach Clark has. I'm not trying to get carried away, but Madison Southern has had a losing mentality for too long and Jon is the ONLY coach who truly believes in his kids no matter what. I look forward to the season finale with Madison Central next week. Southern may never win a State Title, but for the first time in school history this school has a team that we feel like can keep a winner.This team is super young and is basically all Sophomores and the future looks really bright. YES, I'm bragging in my team. Tonight was 27 years in the making and are finally a District Champion!!!

GO EAGLES!!!
Congrats to Madison Southern
Wow! Big win for Madison Southern; congrats!
Southern held Anderson to 12 total yards in the first half, and that was the ball game, and lead 29-0 at half.
Correct me if I am wrong no one in that district has a winning record?
Madison Southern has been better than expected this year. Easier to win a district when Pulaski, SW and North Laurel are no longer in your district. That would have been a very tough district this year.
e's army Wrote:madison southern has been better than expected this year. Easier to win a district when pulaski, sw and north laurel are no longer in your district. That would have been a very tough district this year.

madison southern - 2015 district champions
FarristownFlyer Wrote:This game wasn't close. Anderson scored late on the JV guys. I want to give some props to Coach Clark and his staff for the way they have built a program. Damien Harris put the program on the map, but Coach Clark had a plan with a tough schedule and never letting his kids get down. This is the first district championship in Southern's history. Madison Southern did not want to leave the district with Pulaski and said they will always continue playing them because if you want to build a program thats what you do is play great competition and Coach Clark has. I'm not trying to get carried away, but Madison Southern has had a losing mentality for too long and Jon is the ONLY coach who truly believes in his kids no matter what. I look forward to the season finale with Madison Central next week. Southern may never win a State Title, but for the first time in school history this school has a team that we feel like can keep a winner.This team is super young and is basically all Sophomores and the future looks really bright. YES, I'm bragging in my team. Tonight was 27 years in the making and are finally a District Champion!!!

GO EAGLES!!!

Correction - basically ONE SOPHOMORE - Carter Smith The rest are average best - you know that - you see them everyday at practice.
I agree, but Southern was and is willing to play them because losing a few games stinks but it can certainly help figure out where to improve. We have played a tough schedule and if you look at the teams in the district Southern, Anderson, Woodford, and Montgomery have all played a good non district opponents so NO SHAME in winning this district...
Congrats to Madison Southern they have done better then most thought post Harris but here is my backhanded comment. That district is not very good. For a few of my buddies in Berea, I am glad they turned the season around maybe able to make a decent run in the playoffs, baring injuries and turnovers. FF- Who you guys have this week?
How many games did they win with Harris? I don't remember them winning more than 5 or 6 in any of the years he played. If I am wrong please tell me
Oh I stand corrected they won 9 or 10 one year. But the Elkin guy took them to the brink of a state title when they lost to Boyle in 3rd round last second TD. And Carter did a great job so don't go passing out Coach of the Year honors just yet.
^^^^10 wins in 2013 if i remember right. Harris made our bears look like a pee wee league in the playoffs that year. I think he had something like 6 td's. LOl
Madison Central...should be a close game either way...to close to call!!!
PHAN...come to practice and see our roster...I'll even sit with you😜
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Oh I stand corrected they won 9 or 10 one year. But the Elkin guy took them to the brink of a state title when they lost to Boyle in 3rd round last second TD. And Carter did a great job so don't go passing out Coach of the Year honors just yet.

That's right...this is certainly not Southern's most talented, but I do believe that these guys and this team could overtake both. I do think though that this is the best coaching job Southern as ever had...think about it, most people and media had this team not being able to compete for the next two years because Harris was gone, after the ball security issues were taken care of this team has played very well especially on defense. Coach Clark has a ways to go to fill Mike Elkin's shoes, and have a 3 or 4 year run like Doug had, but for one single year with the team he has I feel this is the single best coaching job for a year at Southern and he should have a few votes for Coach of the Year.
Dude are you ok, YOUR DISTRICT HAS NO ONE IN IT THAT HAS A WINNING RECORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you are trying to say that Clark is the best coach they have ever had. You need to go to the doctor because you must have hit your head. Elkin had Boyle Co. beat with less than 30 seconds and going to the semi's. When your boy does that come back.
I agree with Farristown Flyer, Madison Southern may not be the best team in the State, but they did Schedule Pulaski County when they did not have to and they have done better than most expected without Harris-His posts have usually been fair assessments of his team or whoever they are playing, they won their district and cant help who was in that district so lets give them some credit.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Dude are you ok, YOUR DISTRICT HAS NO ONE IN IT THAT HAS A WINNING RECORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you are trying to say that Clark is the best coach they have ever had. You need to go to the doctor because you must have hit your head. Elkin had Boyle Co. beat with less than 30 seconds and going to the semi's. When your boy does that come back.

Actually it wasn't the Semi's...it was the Regional Final, because that year Boyle lost the Breathitt, and Breathitt beat Fort Knox and Derek Homer in the finals, and if you read the post I said he has a ways to go before filling Elkin's shoes...but for this year he is just as deserving as anybody.
Congrats to Madison Southern! I'm happy for them for the fact that they got their first district title. FF has every right in the world to be proud of his local team and he is definitely right about one thing; there has been a losing mentality in Berea/Madison Southern football for too long. Berea/Madison Southern football is about the same as UK football in the SEC. They just can never seem to get over the hump. They will have a special year every so often and occasionally beat a quality opponent with a special group of kids. But they never seem to get that division championship because of the mentality that is UK football. Hell, Southern is district champ for the first time EVER. Let them celebrate no matter WHO they beat for the title. They still played the big boy from their past district and perhaps they may benefit from that in the playoffs. They also did it without the superstar of past and I wouldn't have given them much of a chance myself at the beginning of this year to have a winning season much less a district title. I personally am not much of a Clark fan, but, the proof is in the pudding, those kids won the district title and it doesn't matter who was in the district. Hopefully it will be a stepping stone for a community that is sorely in need of some football success. Again, congrats to the Eagles.
papagrit Wrote:Congrats to Madison Southern! I'm happy for them for the fact that they got their first district title. FF has every right in the world to be proud of his local team and he is definitely right about one thing; there has been a losing mentality in Berea/Madison Southern football for too long. Berea/Madison Southern football is about the same as UK football in the SEC. They just can never seem to get over the hump. They will have a special year every so often and occasionally beat a quality opponent with a special group of kids. But they never seem to get that division championship because of the mentality that is UK football. Hell, Southern is district champ for the first time EVER. Let them celebrate no matter WHO they beat for the title. They still played the big boy from their past district and perhaps they may benefit from that in the playoffs. They also did it without the superstar of past and I wouldn't have given them much of a chance myself at the beginning of this year to have a winning season much less a district title. I personally am not much of a Clark fan, but, the proof is in the pudding, those kids won the district title and it doesn't matter who was in the district. Hopefully it will be a stepping stone for a community that is sorely in need of some football success. Again, congrats to the Eagles.

Thanks Papa!!!