Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski County 52 Southwestern 6 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
PC just a force that could not be dealt with last evening by Southwestern. Sorry about Hall and Gregory, those shoulder injuries are tuff (didn't he have a shoulder injury last season?) & those head injuries you best be on top of those ASAP!! Hope those young men will be OK. Heard on the news there was another kid died last night last play of a game somewhere. Football is a tuff game!
Said PC would win by 35 and they won by more. Wow.
This one doesn't surprise me . Pulaski County is on a whole other level then any other team in the mountains. Congrats PC..
Just heard a SW parent explaining how SW played a good game last night and had the score close at half, she said only down by a touchdown and that the kids just gave up at half and gave the W away. She did say she was not at the game but that is what other parents were telling her, I am sorry but I did chuckle a little at this statement because I was there and have to say SW was absolutely manhandled and out couched from the 1st drive. It is what it is and I think that SW learned you have to do more than talk a good game. That being said SW has a good coach and young players and I expect great things the next couple of years to come. Maybe the field was to dry for them this time, that's what it was !!!!!
I believe a game between Pulaski and Johnson Central would be the best battle the mountains could possibly produce. We hear how every year people are afraid to schedule JC and how they contact everyone but struggle to make a schedule. If PC ain't on JC's schedule next year then I dont want to hear it. Call em right now and set it up before the season is even over.
That would be a good match up this year but Pulaski will be graduating a lot this year. They still have some good kids coming up and sure they won't back down from anyone but Southwestern may be the better match up for JC next season. By the way Pulasksi has been to the top of the mountain in 5A last year so they deserve all the respect till someone knocks them off the mountain. I am just happy we are well represented in the east.
No disrespect to JC, but no team in the mountains can hang with PC. Their simply put...on another level!
fridaynightfan Wrote:That would be a good match up this year but Pulaski will be graduating a lot this year. They still have some good kids coming up and sure they won't back down from anyone but Southwestern may be the better match up for JC next season. By the way Pulasksi has been to the top of the mountain in 5A last year so they deserve all the respect till someone knocks them off the mountain. I am just happy we are well represented in the east.

You do realize coach Hines contacted JC to offer a home and home series and was turned down. JC wanted to play a 1 year neutral site game.. next year, not this year. Could've been a huge gate for 2 years. Guess we'll never get that game now
Do-double-gg Wrote:I believe a game between Pulaski and Johnson Central would be the best battle the mountains could possibly produce. We hear how every year people are afraid to schedule JC and how they contact everyone but struggle to make a schedule. If PC ain't on JC's schedule next year then I dont want to hear it. Call em right now and set it up before the season is even over.
You do realize coach Hines contacted JC to offer a home and home series and was turned down. JC wanted to play a 1 year neutral site game.. next year, not this year. Could've been a huge gate for 2 years. Guess we'll never get that game now
Forever Maroon Wrote:You do realize coach Hines contacted JC to offer a home and home series and was turned down. JC wanted to play a 1 year neutral site game.. next year, not this year. Could've been a huge gate for 2 years. Guess we'll never get that game now
E's Army Wrote:Pulaski has stepped to the top of the mountain and can claim to be the best team in the mountains. Even if they are not from the mountains.

But...they are NOT in the mountains!:HitWall:
Glad I elected not to go down to Somerset for this one! PC seems to be clicking as usual. I have a feeling these 2 may meet again.
Pulaski has been included in the Mountain Top 10 for several years. They are not in the mountains but are in WYMT's coverage area.
Warriors are not in the mountains either but are being excluded from the Mountain Top 10 for a different reason. They lost by 46.
Here's a link to the story by the Commonwealth Journal
http://www.somerset-kentucky.com/sports/...d7321.html
What's the latest on Hall & Gregory?? Bad anytime these kids get hurt but it's especially bad when it's your senior year. Hope both are okay!! God Bless & Go JAGS!
No word yet. Hopefully they will know something later in the week. Seeing as the Bourbon County games means nothing, I wouldn't look for either to play until the playoffs.
Forever Maroon Wrote:You do realize coach Hines contacted JC to offer a home and home series and was turned down. JC wanted to play a 1 year neutral site game.. next year, not this year. Could've been a huge gate for 2 years. Guess we'll never get that game now

I can speak for our scheduling procedures since you have already messed it up, we look for 2 year deals, home and away. Location of the first doesn't matter as long as at the end of each year we have 50-50 balance between home and away games. I can also tell you that your off in your story because when I reached out to him late in the regular season in 2014, I asked for his open dates and he responded that the schedule was full. Had they had an open day that matched one of ours I'm sure something would've been worked out. Pulaski Co. has a very nice team and Coach Hines is doing a phenomenal job. A game between each other would be fun regardless of the outcome.
DALE Wrote:I can speak for our scheduling procedures since you have already messed it up, we look for 2 year deals, home and away. Location of the first doesn't matter as long as at the end of each year we have 50-50 balance between home and away games. I can also tell you that your off in your story because when I reached out to him late in the regular season in 2014, I asked for his open dates and he responded that the schedule was full. Had they had an open day that matched one of ours I'm sure something would've been worked out. Pulaski Co. has a very nice team and Coach Hines is doing a phenomenal job. A game between each other would be fun regardless of the outcome.

Thanks DALE, pretty much shoots down Maroon's conspiracy theory.
So the emails that Hines sent asking for a home/home were just made up? And the response of playing NEXT year was just made up? No conspiracy anywhere. You can talk procedure all you want, I saw the emails.
I would like to see WYMT get together a bowl for WYMT coverage area teams. Get teams like JC, Belfry, PC, SW, SHS, Paintsville, Pikeville, North Laurel, Hazard and Corbin. Put some teams together that do not traditionally play each other. It can be played at 2-3 different locations over a Friday and Saturday. I think it would be huge for Eastern KY high school football fans. Not to mention, the money these teams could make from something like that.
Forever Maroon Wrote:So the emails that Hines sent asking for a home/home were just made up? And the response of playing NEXT year was just made up? No conspiracy anywhere. You can talk procedure all you want, I saw the emails.

I was assigned to help complete this season's schedule and have retained all emails and responses from schools I contacted for purposes of future scheduling because many signatures in email correspondences also includes a plethora of contact information. Again, I have not seen any email you are referencing. All I know is that myself and two other individuals were asked to help find games for our open weeks this past year. The response about the schedule being full is only email that I have ever received from Pulaski County. We never touch the schedule for the upcoming years while we are under contract with existing teams until their contract is up and they have notified us that they will not renew. I am not saying that they said, "No, we don't want to play." What I am saying is exactly what I was told by Coach Hines and that is that their schedule is full.
Next year from what I gather, it is likely that JC will be breaking in CovCath's new stadium for the first game under the lights in their school's history. If this game is played the only remaining open week that we will have is week 3, which is chosen by a bowl committee for the RECC Bowl. This past year we were in a principle agreement for a 2 year deal with Oscar Smith but the week before the game, when the AD sent them the contract they went away from the verbal agreement and wanted another substantial consideration that would be ludicrous for a college game, let alone a high school game, and that was the last straw. I guess that is what you run into when you try to schedule a traditional Top 25 team in the country.

Wk 1- @ CovCath??
Wk 2- LexCath
Wk 3- RECC Bowl
Wk 4- @ Harlan Co.
Wk 5- @ Boyd *
Wk 6- @ East Carter *
Wk 7- Greenup Co. *
Wk 8- @ Rowan Co. *
Wk 9- Ashland *
Wk 10- Belfry

* District Game
Forever Maroon Wrote:I would like to see WYMT get together a bowl for WYMT coverage area teams. Get teams like JC, Belfry, PC, SW, SHS, Paintsville, Pikeville, North Laurel, Hazard and Corbin. Put some teams together that do not traditionally play each other. It can be played at 2-3 different locations over a Friday and Saturday. I think it would be huge for Eastern KY high school football fans. Not to mention, the money these teams could make from something like that.

I like the idea personally. I'd love to see Belfry and JC rotate a bowl game between their venues and then switch opponents. Two years locked up for both teams, each team is going to get a big gate because the host of this game would play at the other teams venue for the season finale. Pulaski and SW would be two games to bring in. I'd always thought about potentially bringing in some NKY schools, Highlands/CCH. It would be great to bring these teams into the area for those that never get to see them play. Heck, I'd be for a Pulaski/JC bowl in a similar format as well.
Someone said Patrick Edwards got hurt and is out, is that true
former Wrote:Someone said Patrick Edwards got hurt and is out, is that true
Listening to the Sports Guys Live and Local yesterday and they said it's possible MCL injury. No word on the extent of it or if he would be ready for Friday.
Pages: 1 2