Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central @ Belfry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here we go!
Depends on how Coach Haywood plays it.
JC by fiddy! Nah.... 42 - 14 Eagles.
Just watched ashland vs central, great football game. From what I seen you could throw Belfry, Ashland and Central Into a hat and pick one out. Two things that will kill Belfry is there intensity and there being prone to fumble. If Belfry lays it on the ground, Central will make them pay. Size wise Belfry matches up well. Never can tell what Haywood will do, does he sit some key players to rest up for the playoffs or with two easy games agonist Sheldon Clark and Pike Central does he go full board to get everyone back Into the swing of real good competition. Central is a great football team, there defense is very physical!
Central wins this one comfortably. I just don't see Belfry bothering to play their starters much in this one. Would be shocked if anyone's starters are in this game after halftime.
Jc 42
Belfry 35
Belfry needs the competition and will play to win. After two weeks of no competition and running a little over 30 plays in two games, Belfry needs the work. Should be a good matchup between two physical teams.
I love playing Belfry......

I just wish this game was earlier in the season.
Having to get up for the Ashland game, then get up for the Belfry game in back to back weeks is hard.

Week 3 or 4 would be awesome.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I love playing Belfry......

Having to get up for the Ashland game, then get up for the Belfry game in back to back weeks is hard.

The feeling is mutual.
Belfry used to match up more organically than they do as of late. Just take some of the guys in the Belfry front 7. Dove is maybe 165 lbs at DT. Hall is a talented kid at DE, but maybe goes 195 and his speed/quickness/ability to play in space is his strength, not his ability to him the edge against power run. Dotson is an excellent DE, but is probably 185 at best and despite being a head hunter, is similar to Hall at the other DE. Wellman is a sophomore and maybe 180. Sanger is the one who holds his own in this analysis. Ray and Cole are big and physical.

The Belfry D is good. They run well and gang tackle. That said, they are built to play the spread that they see so often in their class. IMO (and I hope I'm wrong) they will struggle to hold up against the downhill pounding JC brings to the table.
Johnsonville 42-14.
Belfry.
The fighting Matneys 35 - Belfry 7
I think belfry wins this game, if belfry is healthy and hangs on to the ball.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I love playing Belfry......

Kind of like the last couple of weeks of the playoffs. There is a reason this game is scheduled
Closer than last year but JC wins by 14-21 in a physical game.

Just don't have confidence right now in this Belfry offense to execute when the last time they played two teams with a pulse they turned it over 12 times.
I never pick against belfry untill the Corbin game.Confusednicker: Corbin is coming :Cheerlead

Belfry 28
Johnson Central 27
JC by 7.
JC by 2 tds
Going to be a good football game...

I'm taking Belfry

Belfry 38

Johnson Central 23
Can't really say Belfry with confidence in this game. This JC team plays hard and has shown they have the will to win. I want to say Belfry but I'm thinking more of JC 21-7. Either way this may be a game between two state champions , and I hope both can get better while remaining injury free
The Ashland game was good for the eagles they got to play the starting lineup for four courters eagles didn't play there best offense of the year but Ashland number 2 and the warm weather made us have a bad night but our defense never gave up ,

I think both teams have running clock games till 3 round play offs so both will want to play full game for condition and timmeing work on blocking should be a good one
Eagles 14
Belfry. 13 missed ex point wins the game
eagles 35
pirates 21
JC by 1 td
JC playing two opponents of this quality at this time of the year should be well prepared when they hit the final stretch.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Belfry used to match up more organically than they do as of late. Just take some of the guys in the Belfry front 7. Dove is maybe 165 lbs at DT. Hall is a talented kid at DE, but maybe goes 195 and his speed/quickness/ability to play in space is his strength, not his ability to him the edge against power run. Dotson is an excellent DE, but is probably 185 at best and despite being a head hunter, is similar to Hall at the other DE. Wellman is a sophomore and maybe 180. Sanger is the one who holds his own in this analysis. Ray and Cole are big and physical.

The Belfry D is good. They run well and gang tackle. That said, they are built to play the spread that they see so often in their class. IMO (and I hope I'm wrong) they will struggle to hold up against the downhill pounding JC brings to the table.

Belfry can get heavy on the front end if they need to. Belfry has as much size as anyone in EKY They can matchup personnel wise w anything JC has JCs scheme will dictate what adjustments to the front are made but I don't look for them to show anything new or do anything different
The All-Time JC vs. Belfry series.
Belfry leads 25-5, with one no contest.

1971: Belfry 59-6
1972: Belfry 54-6
1973: Belfry 14-0
1974: Belfry 38-0
1975: Belfry 47-8
1976: Belfry 14-13
1978: Belfry 24-14
1979: Belfry 40-0
1980: Belfry 28-6
1981: Belfry 28-0
1982: Belfry 26-0
1983: Belfry 12-0
1984: Belfry 35-6
1985: Belfry 28-14
1986: Belfry 45-18
1987: Belfry 41-6
1988: Johnson Central 1-0 ***Belfry won 45-14, but Belfry had to vacate the win***
1989: Belfry 33-0
1990: Belfry 42-6
1995: Belfry 30-15
1996: Belfry 28-0
1997: Belfry 36-8
1998: Belfry 21-11
2007: Belfry 28-12
2008: Belfry 21-13
2009: Johnson Central 25-19
2010: Johnson Central 42-7
2011: Johnson Central 21-14
2012: Belfry 17-12
2013: Johnson Central 54-28
2014: Johnson Central 35-0
This game used to be a classic to watch, year in and year out I have went to this game. For the past few years it has been JC easily. I don't see that changing Friday. Belfry needs to make some adjustments if they want to be in Bowling Green. They are a great team. But JC is too much and too physical. I'm going with the Eagles in this one 42-28
JC 42 Belfry 7
Johnson Central - 31

Belfry - 21
Pages: 1 2 3