Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Litigation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why is a certain lawsuit involving half of the Bell Co. school system showing up as a case in Laurel Circuit Court?
Tica Wrote:Why is a certain lawsuit involving half of the Bell Co. school system showing up as a case in Laurel Circuit Court?

Change of venue most likely Tica
TigerBlues Wrote:Change of venue most likely Tica

Shorter commute so it is easier for Dudley to attend
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Shorter commute so it is easier for Dudley to attend

EKU with the bomb ! :flame:
This is federal court matter. London is where the federal court is located.
Tica Wrote:Why is a certain lawsuit involving half of the Bell Co. school system showing up as a case in Laurel Circuit Court?

Which lawsuit?Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Which lawsuit?Smile
Seems to be filed by a former BC FB player and his parents. He might still play, or he might have graduated, I do not know. The coach and administration and others appear to be the defendants. It is not in federal court, it is in Laurel Circuit Court. It also is not new, been around for a few months. That's about all I feel comfortable in saying.
Not touching this one.
The US District Court in London and Laurel Circuit Court are two different things.

I've not seen either of the dockets so I couldn't say what's going on.
This could be very bad for Mills. Without going into to much detail it could end his ability to work in a school anywhere. The precedent is there to land him on some not so nice lists. If you've read what he supposedly did you like me probably laughed it off but unfortunately for him it may end up no laughing matter.
Really hate to hear this. I'm a Wayne Mills fan and supporter even though my sons play and played at KC. I don't know anything about this situation and frankly don't want to. But I do know Coach Mills and his family. They are top shelf - great folks. Prayers for all involved.