Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 42 Russell 8(Freshman Kiwanis Bowl)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
Congratulations Ashland
I figured Ashland would forfeit.
Nah, they only do that when the team they are playing can put up a fight.
Russell moved the ball pretty well all night. They made far too many mistakes. #14 was a load for kittens, especially when he got past the line of scrimmage. Russell's defensive backs were some of the smallest kids I've seen. They offered no run support. Also Ashland use #10, the Ratliff kid whenever they needed a big play. He was a man amongst boys. Russell couldn't touch him. He basically did what he wanted. On the positive side for the young devils, they look to have a few lineman that has good size and looks promising. Also the Wilburn kid looks Luke he could develop into a good qb. He has a strong arm and looked to be fairly accurate. It could be interesting to see how much he pushes the Church kid for the starting spot next year. The Duvall kid looked pretty good. He needs to learn to cut it up field and go more north and south and against the grain better. There were some opportunities for some big runs, but he seemed to always want to cut it outside. This brings me to my only concern with him. He dosent have much size,so I'm guessing he thought he could use his speed and break something outside instead of cutting upfield and taking some punnishment. If he can grow a few more inches and adds some good bulk,which I'm sure he will, he can be an effective back. He just won't get too many carries at the varsity level if he dissent. I know it was a lopsided score, but all was not gloom and doom.
whos Russell's freshman coach?
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:whos Russell's freshman coach?

Josh Wills is the freshman coach. Heck of a player in his day.
Travis Jones is the O cordinater
Ashland was just too good. Ratliff and Devaunte Robinson were in top form last night. The other QB(Adkins, I think?) is a big boy. Ashland will have options at the QB position going forward.

I agree with you, mightydog, there were some positives to take away from this game for Russell. I like Wilburn a lot and there are some good linemen(especially Belcher #62 and Jenkins #79) to build off of.

Did Casey Sparks have the ball thrown his way any? I don't recall hearing his name much last night. He's a big target with good hands.

I also heard something about a really good 8th grader that was called up for this game. Malachi Anderson was the name, I think.
who were ashlands coaches one I've never seen on their sideline before?
who are the ashland freshman coaches?
Leonidas Wrote:I figured Ashland would forfeit.

:flame::Clap::biglmao:
chief65 Wrote:who are the ashland freshman coaches?

Darren Wilson Head coach
Salsburry sp. Asst.

The other, I'm not sure... He's new this year. Good with the kids though.