Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg in your opinion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This team hasnt won a game yet. In your opinion, what should they do to win?
from what I have heard they need to play as a team
I have watched P-burg several times this year, and they have no interior defense whatsoever, and it seems that they cant get no offensive rhythm going. Ive talked to some people and they said that when they played Shelby Valley that Valley probably made about 45 layups on fast break oppurtunities and in half court set offense. They need to get back into transition defense and again the interior defense as well.
Probably score more points than the other team. IMO
They are better than most people think IMO its just the fact there is no experience. They lost all 5 starters last year and only return 2 players that got to play some decent minutes last year and thats all the experience they have this year. They are getting better game by game. If they get some rythm on offense i think they can be ready come tournament time.
just like the rest of the 58th WEAK!
have they won a game yet?
Justin Credible Wrote:This team hasnt won a game yet. In your opinion, what should they do to win?

There is your answer warriorpride
they need to learn what team ball is before they can start on offense or defense. you cant put 5 people on a court who think they're only playing for themselves.
they're not only playing for the team, but they're school and community. they just need to get it together... they've got what they need to have but no one's mind or heart is in the right place.
i feel so sorry for the 5 starters that graduated this year. that must be sad and embarrassing.
these guys playing this year need to learn respect for eachother, the team, coaches, and guys who have graduated. they need to learn to not let themseleves and others down.
once they start playing for the team on the jersey and NOT THE NUMBER... they may actually win a couple of games.
just hope its before tourney time... *sigh*
Meade Wrote:Probably score more points than the other team. IMO

hahahaha:thatsfunn
Pburg isn't really as bad a team as their record indictes. I watched them in their 2nd game in the Hoops Classic. The Patton kid had 10 pts in the 1st period. He had the first 4 pts in the 2 period, then never got another touch until mid way through 3rd period. Looked like his team mates just wanted to get into the scoring colum. Shot way to many 3's and wasn't hitting anything from there. When they cut to the basket and get the ball they can score. Looks like they don't want to play team ball. They could right the ship and be very competitive.
I agree with everyone else..play team ball
kyrifle Wrote:Pburg isn't really as bad a team as their record indictes. I watched them in their 2nd game in the Hoops Classic. The Patton kid had 10 pts in the 1st period. He had the first 4 pts in the 2 period, then never got another touch until mid way through 3rd period. Looked like his team mates just wanted to get into the scoring colum. Shot way to many 3's and wasn't hitting anything from there. When they cut to the basket and get the ball they can score. Looks like they don't want to play team ball. They could right the ship and be very competitive.

It is up to the coaching staff to recognize what is going on. The talent is there...I'm not sure the coaches care.
IMO the players don't care! They have as much talent as anyone else in the 15th Region. These boys need to get there minds out of the gutter and play some ball, I know everyone on that team and I know they can win games with all the talent they have. Its just that everyone wants to have that 20pt night and hit that 3. I'm telling you right now that a set of pick up players in gym @ Pburg High could beat our Varsity team right now.

Guards- You need to drive the lane and either pick up the foul or kick it back out to the open man, another make sure that Patton gets his hands on the ball each time down the court, and make more cuts towards the basket.

Centers&Fowards- Play more agressive! Take the shot when your open and try to make something happen in the interior, another set good screens.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:They are better than most people think IMO its just the fact there is no experience. They lost all 5 starters last year and only return 2 players that got to play some decent minutes last year and thats all the experience they have this year. They are getting better game by game. If they get some rythm on offense i think they can be ready come tournament time.
Yes, I agree with this. They are improving each game, & I'm sure once they work everything out they will be a GOOD team. They have the potential.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:It is up to the coaching staff to recognize what is going on. The talent is there...I'm not sure the coaches care.

I know Jackie Day and all his asst. coaches,you need to re-think your comment or maybe show up at practice and tell them this to their faces.
I know very few staffs that care about their teams and players than the Blackcat staff.
kyrifle Wrote:Pburg isn't really as bad a team as their record indictes. I watched them in their 2nd game in the Hoops Classic. The Patton kid had 10 pts in the 1st period. He had the first 4 pts in the 2 period, then never got another touch until mid way through 3rd period. Looked like his team mates just wanted to get into the scoring colum. Shot way to many 3's and wasn't hitting anything from there. When they cut to the basket and get the ball they can score. Looks like they don't want to play team ball. They could right the ship and be very competitive.

You are 100% correct! I was at that game and their others as well, it seemed that after Patton scored his points, everyone else became jealous and wanted their points. He had his man pinned on the block the entire night and they would not give him the ball. The guards need to realize that the more they work it inside to him and the more he scores, that the defense is going to eventually have to start dropping down on him and this will free them up for the kick out shots. But, untill the guards realize this, it will be a long season for P-Burg. If the guards playing now continue to not do this this I would find me some that would. I wouldn't care if I had to go get a couple of 7th graders to do it as long as they listened I would play them!
I've watched the Blackcats alot of years, and your gaurds have to be willing to give up a chance at points for the better percentage shots under the basket. An example of this would be last years team. #5 had been good for 10 to 15 points a game. It looked like the coach almost had to make him shoot the ball at times because he wanted the better percentage shots under the basket with #20 and #32. It was like his mission was to get to the guys in the middle. By doing that he gave up points from the outside he may have scored. He was a pretty good shot too. I believe #2 did the same alot, and he could shoot the lights out when hot. I saw a post that talked about working the ball around till the defense is out of position for the inside gimmie. I agree.
I havent seen many games this year but the Blackcats always come out a little behind the rest.
To me they are int he same situation as Sheldon Clark. They have had lots of talent, but don't don't know what to do with it.

If they played a more slow down style of basketball it might keep the games a little closer. If you can stay with a team til the 4th quarter it helps build your confidence.

There is no excuse for this team to be getting beaten this bad. the closest they have played anyone all year is 9 points and that was Betsy lane and Allen Central.

But playing one on one or one on five makes your teammates stand and watch. Play team ball.
Well in my opinion...there never gonna be good any time soon...casue the team is just plain o not good...jordan hall is overated and is not even the best player on the team...hes just a good ol fashion ball hog....but in a couple of years pburg should get better but i dont see it any time soon...
Sheldon Clark, Morgan County and P-burg are all suffering from one thing: INEXPERIENCE. When you combine this with possible selfishness as some on here say is occurring (and I don't know that it is) that will only make the situation worse.

TEAMWORK will get them further than anything else.
EKY Sportster Wrote:TEAMWORK will get them further than anything else.

:thumpsup:
Yes, TEAM WORK will get them far!

You have to run your offense and take high percentage shots.

Anyone who has ever palyed the inside will tell you when shots are comming not insync with the offense; you can't block out and get in good rebounding position. If your interior players aren't in good position then the other team is off to the races the other way.
Tricky Wrote:Yes, TEAM WORK will get them far!

You have to run your offense and take high percentage shots.

Anyone who has ever palyed the inside will tell you when shots are comming not insync with the offense; you can't block out and get in good rebounding position. If your interior players aren't in good position then the other team is off to the races the other way.

:thumpsup: