Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Saddam to die tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Associated Press Wrote:An adviser to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said Saddam would be executed before 6 a.m. Saturday, or 10 p.m. Friday EST. Also to be hanged at that time were Saddam's half-brother Barzan Ibrahim and Awad Hamed al-Bandar, the former chief justice of the Revolutionary Court, the adviser said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061229/ap_o..._ea/saddam
They should lower him slowly to the strangling, cause if they just drop him, his neck will snap and he'll die instantly, no suffering
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
The sad part of this is we have a person from our own military in Lindy England that was found guilty of abusing POW's and was sentenced very quickly. Here we have someone that is responsible for the deaths of hundreds if not more and they have been dragging this out forever. Where is the justice in this?
Dragging it out forever? Get serious. He was convicted Nov. 5 and his last appeal ended last Tuesday. By the standards of the American justice system, that's an eyeblink.
I thank dey shood let 'em go.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Dragging it out forever? Get serious. He was convicted Nov. 5 and his last appeal ended last Tuesday. By the standards of the American justice system, that's an eyeblink.

Yea but when was he taken into custody and when were the hearings started. Seems to me like it's been way to long. They should have hanged him long ago and saved people alot of money and headache.
I not thank we shood be o'er dere in Iwaq newayz.
Midee1 Wrote:Yea but when was he taken into custody and when were the hearings started. Seems to me like it's been way to long. They should have hanged him long ago and saved people alot of money and headache.
They did it the proper way: they got all the evidence in order, had a fully documented criminal trial in public and gave him a chance to appeal. Nobody can say Saddam got a raw deal due to the scrupulous attention to legal detail.

Most importantly, nobody can claim the American and/or Iraqi governments sank to Saddam's level. A rush job or a secret trial or just dragging him out back and shooting him would have been the epitome of sinking to Saddam's level --- we really are better than him and people like him.
They should slowly torture him I think.
-STAT- Wrote:They should slowly torture him I think.

:Thumbs: Was wondering if I was inhumane for wishing that too
TomSportsHack Wrote:They did it the proper way: they got all the evidence in order, had a fully documented criminal trial in public and gave him a chance to appeal. Nobody can say Saddam got a raw deal due to the scrupulous attention to legal detail.

Most importantly, nobody can claim the American and/or Iraqi governments sank to Saddam's level. A rush job or a secret trial or just dragging him out back and shooting him would have been the epitome of sinking to Saddam's level --- we really are better than him and people like him.

I agree with everthing you said. But in the case of England. (One of our own) They had the evidence and swiftly convicted her and punished her. We had evidence on him and in my mind we have wasted way to much time with the dirtbag. Sorry that's just my thought. We punish our own for war crimes that are much less harsh than what he did. And we punish them swiftly.
Midee1 Wrote:I agree with everthing you said. But in the case of England. (One of our own) They had the evidence and swiftly convicted her and punished her. We had evidence on him and in my mind we have wasted way to much time with the dirtbag. Sorry that's just my thought. We punish our own for war crimes that are much less harsh than what he did. And we punish them swiftly.

She also admitted to doing most of the stuff and if you'll look into it I think it took longer than you think. Her trial was also more cut and dry than everything brought forth against Saddam.