Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel 37 Perry Central 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
North Laurel 37 Perry Central 13 - 'yellow flags flying all night almost every play in Perry County'!! :eyeroll:
Tight End Wrote:North Laurel 37 Perry Central 13 - 'yellow flags flying all night almost every play in Perry County'!! :eyeroll:

North Laurel 37 Perry Central 14.....finger slipped!
Congrats to Jags. Coasting to playoffs.
I figured this game would be a odd one for the JAGS. I'm telling ya that place has bad Mojo for the Jaguars. A win is a win though any way you look at it! Congrats to the JAGS, Coach Larkey and staff for A terrific season at 9-0, with still football to go! Oh by the way I'm not sure but did see the football flying around or was that a pig with wings???? Jaguars throwing the ball, no way must have been a dream!! LOL!!! God Bless & Go JAGS
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:I figured this game would be a odd one for the JAGS. I'm telling ya that place has bad Mojo for the Jaguars. A win is a win though any way you look at it! Congrats to the JAGS, Coach Larkey and staff for A terrific season at 9-0, with still football to go! Oh by the way I'm not sure but did see the football flying around or was that a pig with wings???? Jaguars throwing the ball, no way must have been a dream!! LOL!!! God Bless & Go JAGS

We say on PC side, we almost fell out of the top of those bleachers when Mcwhorter, threw those 3 long TD's. My Buddy, said 'where in the heck are we, who are we watching'????? We loved it. Someone has been hiding their light under a bushel. :redboxer:
He may have let Coach Black put in some of his stuff from the Williamsburg days
Think Coach Larkey saw this as a perfect night to open up the playbook a little and try some things, no way he was going to run the score up on his dad. If they had wanted to just play their usual smashmouth all night, think they could have put up 50 or better, but its great to see the receivers get involved. Will be interesting to see how he approaches the Montgomery Co. game in two weeks. They look like a very solid opponent, but with the playoffs looming how much do you risk your regulars?
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:I figured this game would be a odd one for the JAGS. I'm telling ya that place has bad Mojo for the Jaguars. A win is a win though any way you look at it! Congrats to the JAGS, Coach Larkey and staff for A terrific season at 9-0, with still football to go! Oh by the way I'm not sure but did see the football flying around or was that a pig with wings???? Jaguars throwing the ball, no way must have been a dream!! LOL!!! God Bless & Go JAGS

You can not mention this game and not point out the effort by #15 Mcwhorter, and #22 Sizemore. Be curious when they get the stats up to know how many tackles #15 had in this game he was all over the field. We had no idea he was as fast as he is, he ran a guy sprinting to the end zone - down from behind and absolutely wore their RB Combs out. We knew he was good, but it showed up well last night, on that great field. North, apparently is a passing team as well - 3 TD passes, never thought we would see that this season! How exciting. Maybe bad Mojo, but that is the kind of Mojo you want a WIN!! Nelson, kept right on with his game plan as well, which has been successful for him. We love watching this team play, they are exciting to watch, a physical team all the way. North's O' line, is a force, understated in my opinion. I think North is a lot better than many initially thought. They play Montgomery the last game of the season and we can see them now going undefeated on this season. Keep it up Jags! :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
[quote=Tight End]You can not mention this game and not point out the effort by #15 Mcwhorter, and #22 Sizemore. Be curious when they get the stats up to know how many tackles #15 had in this game he was all over the field. We had no idea he was as fast as he is, he ran a guy sprinting to the end zone - down from behind and absolutely wore their RB Combs out. We knew he was good, but it showed up well last night, on that great field. North, apparently is a passing team as well - 3 TD passes, never thought we would see that this season! How exciting. Maybe bad Mojo, but that is the kind of Mojo you want a WIN!! Nelson, kept right on with his game plan as well, which has been successful for him. We love watching this team play, they are exciting to watch, a physical team all the way. North's O' line, is a force, understated in my opinion. I think North is a lot better than many initially thought. They play Montgomery the last game of the season and we can see them now going undefeated on this season. Keep it up Jags! :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead[/Q

JAGS looked flat somewhat last night, I thought. I think combination going to Perry Central and what happened there 2 years ago with injuries & already having won the District had something to do with it. Plus take the fact that the refs were flag happy didn't help none! With that being said if everything falls in place at the same time, look out!! McWhorter boys & Nelson just need to keep going out there and getting it done! Along with Sizemore & the O-line of Boone, Lewis, Sherman, Collier, Hays, Gilpin & Oliver making the holes. What about Broughton, Smith & Sharp's touchdowns! JAGS have a lot of kids that can take it to the house and don't forget Rodriquez with his break away speed! In the 2nd half the Defense looked better shutting Perry Central out as well. Our Defense I think gets looked over somewhat and that's fine, cause they don't care a bit to hit you & hit you hard! Stay focused JAGS, continue to play TEAM ball and good things will happen with lots of football left!!! God Bless & Go JAGS :Thumbs:
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:[quote=Tight End]You can not mention this game and not point out the effort by #15 Mcwhorter, and #22 Sizemore. Be curious when they get the stats up to know how many tackles #15 had in this game he was all over the field. We had no idea he was as fast as he is, he ran a guy sprinting to the end zone - down from behind and absolutely wore their RB Combs out. We knew he was good, but it showed up well last night, on that great field. North, apparently is a passing team as well - 3 TD passes, never thought we would see that this season! How exciting. Maybe bad Mojo, but that is the kind of Mojo you want a WIN!! Nelson, kept right on with his game plan as well, which has been successful for him. We love watching this team play, they are exciting to watch, a physical team all the way. North's O' line, is a force, understated in my opinion. I think North is a lot better than many initially thought. They play Montgomery the last game of the season and we can see them now going undefeated on this season. Keep it up Jags! :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead[/Q

JAGS looked flat somewhat last night, I thought. I think combination going to Perry Central and what happened there 2 years ago with injuries & already having won the District had something to do with it. Plus take the fact that the refs were flag happy didn't help none! With that being said if everything falls in place at the same time, look out!! McWhorter boys & Nelson just need to keep going out there and getting it done! Along with Sizemore & the O-line of Boone, Lewis, Sherman, Collier, Hays, Gilpin & Oliver making the holes. What about Broughton, Smith & Sharp's touchdowns! JAGS have a lot of kids that can take it to the house and don't forget Rodriquez with his break away speed! In the 2nd half the Defense looked better shutting Perry Central out as well. Our Defense I think gets looked over somewhat and that's fine, cause they don't care a bit to hit you & hit you hard! Stay focused JAGS, continue to play TEAM ball and good things will happen with lots of football left!!! God Bless & Go JAGS :Thumbs:

Yea, they looked a little flat before the half. Was not aware of injuries to North there 2 years ago, could have been a factor. One thing not mentioned is they are tuff nuts, they can take a hit and return one two fold! Don't know what Larkey has them doing, bench pressing Buicks or something, but they are one of the strongest teams for their size I ever saw suit up. North's defense comes to play every game we have seen. They are a pleasure to pull for.
I remember back when Harlan County came to North Laurel to play when Tom Larkey was head coach. I believe it was tough and quite emotional when father goes against son in a football game. The Larkeys are very family oriented, and that is one reason why I respect them so much.

As far as the flags are concerned at PCC, get used to it!! It's even worse in basketball!!
Confusednicker:

Congratulations Jags...this has really been a marvelous season for you guys!
JAGS looked flat somewhat last night, I thought. I think combination going to Perry Central and what happened there 2 years ago with injuries & already having won the District had something to do with it. Plus take the fact that the refs were flag happy didn't help none! With that being said if everything falls in place at the same time, look out!! McWhorter boys & Nelson just need to keep going out there and getting it done! Along with Sizemore & the O-line of Boone, Lewis, Sherman, Collier, Hays, Gilpin & Oliver making the holes. What about Broughton, Smith & Sharp's touchdowns! JAGS have a lot of kids that can take it to the house and don't forget Rodriquez with his break away speed! In the 2nd half the Defense looked better shutting Perry Central out as well. Our Defense I think gets looked over somewhat and that's fine, cause they don't care a bit to hit you & hit you hard! Stay focused JAGS, continue to play TEAM ball and good things will happen with lots of football left!!! God Bless & Go JAGS :Thumbs:[/QUOTE]

We sat with some old football friends last night from Hazard, we have known for years, they have been involved with football over in the mountains over the years. We pointed out NL Seniors early in the game to them. They said after the game they would be surprised if every Senior on the team didn't have many college offers - they felt like they were that good. Those hits North was dishing out last night was bringing those PCC boys to the sidelines every play. I'm with Blitzer, are they lifting Buicks at North Laurel? Hard to believe some of those kids, Rodriquez, Sizemore, Broughton, Smith & some of those big kids playing the line etc. are just Sophomores, oh and Mcwhorter, can't forget he is just Sophomore too. Holy Moley!! The football gods are smiling on the younger Larkey that's for sure! They sure made a liar out of me, before the game I told our friends North would run it every play. :biglmao:
NORTH did not look to good last night I don't know what it was but hope they fix it.
Love all of these kids but we let a bad team stay to close. We should have put this team away 1st half. But one good thing lot of kids got to play.
Are the Jags still undefeated?
9-0
Only undefeated 5a school left and I think one of only 8 or so undefeated left in the state
43 D Wrote:NORTH did not look to good last night I don't know what it was but hope they fix it.
Love all of these kids but we let a bad team stay to close. We should have put this team away 1st half. But one good thing lot of kids got to play.

All I am going to say about this is: when a team has close to 150 yds in the penalty department, that speaks volumes to most football scholars. We were there and North did NOT commit as many penalties as the Refs called I don't care what they say! When they watch the film back on this one it will all be clear as clear can be what was going on. Try to find some film on this game if you want to see what I am talking about. Refs, can cause things to look bad when they actually aren't! :HitWall:
No one ever thinks their team should have been penalized as much as they were.

You can probably throw a flag every other play if you wanted to in a high school game.
zaga_fan Wrote:No one ever thinks their team should have been penalized as much as they were.

You can probably throw a flag every other play if you wanted to in a high school game.

I usually do not get in that mode of thinking, because I have walked a mile in their shoes 7 years ago. I know Refs miss a lot, but calling things that aren't even going on is where it is a bit too much for fans and players too. Some were laughing even on PCC side where we sat, that the Refs liked to talk on the PA giving the infraction from the field, was the reason for all the flags being thrown. HA HA HA Glad it is on film so the coaches can see for sure what the kids did or didn't do in this game. That is all. :eyeroll:
Tight End Wrote:All I am going to say about this is: when a team has close to 150 yds in the penalty department, that speaks volumes to most football scholars. We were there and North did NOT commit as many penalties as the Refs called I don't care what they say! When they watch the film back on this one it will all be clear as clear can be what was going on. Try to find some film on this game if you want to see what I am talking about. Refs, can cause things to look bad when they actually aren't! :HitWall:

I was at the game also I am at them all I am a north fan and have been longer then most on this. but we all knew what the calls are like at Parry. This was worst we looked. could have been us trying to pass more then we do witch is good need to do that but we should have put this team away before we start doing stuff we are not going to do in a good game. Just the way it is not going to pass in better games.
43 D Wrote:I was at the game also I am at them all I am a north fan and have been longer then most on this. but we all knew what the calls are like at Parry. This was worst we looked. could have been us trying to pass more then we do witch is good need to do that but we should have put this team away before we start doing stuff we are not going to do in a good game. Just the way it is not going to pass in better games.

I think, you better be able to pass against good teams, because you are going to meet up with defense's that can stop your running game. I don't know about anyone else but it sure made me relax a lot when I saw those 3 TD passes thrown. Smile
Blitzer Wrote:I think, you better be able to pass against good teams, because you are going to meet up with defense's that can stop your running game. I don't know about anyone else but it sure made me relax a lot when I saw those 3 TD passes thrown. Smile

I am not going to say north don't need to pass but if we run into a team that stops are run we will lose. I don't thank any team can do that O line too good but if they load the box then we need to pass a little. 3TDS at Perry one more called back and at lest two more we could have had. because Nelson O line and full backs are dangers . Run team is what we are and that's what are coach is.
I bet those calls were probably against the NL coaches on the press box who are now two-for-two on having the county law go up and diffuse their shenanigans. When are you all going to get those guys under control? Smile Spitting sunflower seeds over the railing?
running_clock Wrote:I bet those calls were probably against the NL coaches on the press box who are now two-for-two on having the county law go up and diffuse their shenanigans. When are you all going to get those guys under control? Smile Spitting sunflower seeds over the railing?

Should have called the KHSAA in for the Refs they had calling the game 1st thing that was done. Perry got mad over a few sunflower seeds? Ha ha ha ha ha, boy are they ever digging for something to be upset over!
I'm upset that we lost by double digits again (a good reason to be upset). Jaguar nation are the ones complaining about getting home cooked in a game they won by double digits.
43 D Wrote:I am not going to say north don't need to pass but if we run into a team that stops are run we will lose. I don't thank any team can do that O line too good but if they load the box then we need to pass a little. 3TDS at Perry one more called back and at lest two more we could have had. because Nelson O line and full backs are dangers . Run team is what we are and that's what are coach is.

Wow. Hard to argue with that, I guess.
running_clock Wrote:I'm upset that we lost by double digits again (a good reason to be upset). Jaguar nation are the ones complaining about getting home cooked in a game they won by double digits.

There is no fans like to get beat by double digits, by the same token fans don't like their team to get horrible calls either. All I'm saying is, call it fair! If you are honest you have to admit, almost 150 yds in penalties is a tad excessive. Just catch some film, you will see what I am talking about. :yikes::yikes::yikes:
running_clock Wrote:I bet those calls were probably against the NL coaches on the press box who are now two-for-two on having the county law go up and diffuse their shenanigans. When are you all going to get those guys under control? Smile Spitting sunflower seeds over the railing?

I heard about this after the game. Can't believe this guy, a real "Rebel Without a Cause!!" I heard they even had the FBI up there with him!! I hope Coach Larkey makes him do suicides till he falls over!! :biglmao:

Get real!! I'm sure he was l@@king over the rail picking out his targets! Lucky he didn't just wizz over the rail instead of spitting sunflower seeds!! With the wind and a sunflower hull he had to have some pressure behind it to hit his target!! Good Lungs and a heck of a pucker!! Some folks just want something to fuss about and it's normally not to hard to find something. The coach in question is a absolute great guy!! I'm sure the fan could have found another place to sit, it wasn't like the stands were full of PCC people. Pretty sure North had as many and maybe more there. They could have sit over on the visitor side with the North folks, but with all that pucker power he may still have hit them!! :hilarious::hilarious:
Times-Tribune: 13th Region Rankings
1. North Laurel
2. Corbin
3. Bell County
4. Knox Central
5. Harlan County
6. Whitley County
7. Harlan
8. Williamsburg
9. Pineville
10. South Laurel
*Game of the week: Lynn Camp @ Williamsburg
Perry loses by 20+ and people STILL complain about calls. I give up on most of you people.
Pages: 1 2