Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Boyle County the most overrated team in the state?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Boyle came in all chipper tonight and thought they would win handily against Lex Cath. They end up losing instead. What happens to Boyle now? Do they succeed in the playoffs? Do they make it out of their region?
Not even close to being the most overrated team in the state.
Boyle is still a very good team. Rivalry games between the top two teams in 3a is a toss up.
No. Boyle County lost to a very good 4A Lexington Catholic team. Southwestern is the most overrated team in the state. Southwestern's only loss so far was to Bourbon County, a not-so-good 2A team, and they have played a very weak schedule.
Lex Cath is 3A and Bourbon is 4A

And no Boyle is not overated. This game just solidifies the thinking that 3A west will be a war.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Lex Cath is 3A and Bourbon is 4A

And no Boyle is not overated. This game just solidifies the thinking that 3A west will be a war.
:Thumbs: Right on all counts. I was going to correct the classes but I caught the errors too late. Lexington Catholic's win means that they if they play Boyle again, it will be on their home field. Boyle has a rough road to travel to reach Bowling Green. I don't know what Legend Brumbaugh's status is, but if he returns I think that Lex Cath will be the clear favorite.
Boyle will win 3a.
WideRight05 Wrote:Boyle came in all chipper tonight and thought they would win handily against Lex Cath. They end up losing instead. What happens to Boyle now? Do they succeed in the playoffs? Do they make it out of their region?

No but Highlands was to start the season.
No they are very good and could still hoist the big trophy
With Caldwell and Paducah in district 1, Etown and central in districts 2 and 3 respectively, and Lexington Catholic and Boyle in district 4. It will be a battle on the west side.

On the east side belfry fumbles their way to bowling green.
Boyle lost to a very good Lexington Catholic team, I do not see that is being way overrated, just maybe not as good as thought.
Either could be on top at the end---when it counts----

Maybe Lex Cath was underrated?
I believe Boyle is heavily overrated
I just thought it was funny how all week Boyle fans argued about whether or not it would be a running clock and never once thought they would get beat even though Lex Cath has beat them several times in the past. They aren't overrated but definitley an arrogant fan base.
I think LC might be the most underrated team in the state, but to answer the thread question, no I don't think Boyle is overrated. Any team can have an off night or an off game plan. Those two teams will probably meat again and we will see how things shake up.
WideRight05 Wrote:Boyle came in all chipper tonight and thought they would win handily against Lex Cath. They end up losing instead. What happens to Boyle now? Do they succeed in the playoffs? Do they make it out of their region?

Confusedtare:
pjdoug Wrote:Confusedtare:
Not sure about who is the most overrated team in state but it was shown tonight that Southwesternhas been or Pulaski has not been credit due a defending state champion that had most of that team retuning and only one loss to a 6a Scott County that is proved the are contenders in 6a. Have felt like Pulaski as been #1 in 5a this year.
LC is a pretty good team.
Give Catholic the credit they are due. It diminishes their efforts when Boyle is painted as being over rated. LC beat a very good Boyle team.