Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lex Cath 31 Boyle Co 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
game goes down to the wire. Playoff seedlings starting to take shape. 3A rankings will be interesting after this one.
Congrats to Catholic. WOW!
Boyle struggled mightily with LexCath's big play ability and speed. The Rebels tripped over their own feet all night on Offense as well and really rushed things when pressured. Their kickoff game leaves a lot to be desired as well.

Both teams looked rough in the 1st Half... LexCath looked pretty darn good in the 2nd Half.

Not sure either can handle the speed and physicality of Central.
After watching game tonight, I don't think either of them bring anything to the table that Belfry hasn't seen. I don't think either is head and shoulders above the Pirates as some were suggesting.
Belfry_99 Wrote:After watching game tonight, I don't think either of them bring anything to the table that Belfry hasn't seen. I don't think either is head and shoulders above the Pirates as some were suggesting.

With the way St. X destroyed Bowling Green and gave #1 Male all they wanted...

And with how CAL beat DeSales and gave Simon Kenton a great game...

I am thinking the team to beat is a familiar face out West that many have slept on.

Starting to think that for all the talk of realignment it may once again be another Belfry vs. Central State Finals
I was not that impressed with Boyle. They were either unable or unwilling to kick to LexCath's return guys and repeatedly handed the Knights great field position.

These are both very good teams, but IMO, this game is an indicator of just how good Johnson Central is. JC beat LexCath on the road and Boyle County lost to the Knights at home with LexCath's first string QB on the sidelines.

Lexington Catholic's big play capability is scary and their defense came up with some big plays when they needed them most. This win should vault the Knights to the top of the 3A rankings.
All the Belfry and Jihnson Central haters need to see this!
Am I wrong or does this loss set Boyle up to have to run a gauntlet on the road in Nov
Wow. Big game in 3A. A lot of football to be played before we have a champion in 3A.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Am I wrong or does this loss set Boyle up to have to run a gauntlet on the road in Nov
Correct

@Central
@LexCath
@Caldwell/Etown
vs. Belfry/Corbin
Bad, bad, bad loss for Boyle.
Agreed! Built up as world beaters and can't win their own district. A lot of people had already give them the trophy.
Boyle would still be a likely team for the trophy. The #1 trophy that is. Wait and see....
Crossbones Wrote:Agreed! Built up as world beaters and can't win their own district. A lot of people had already give them the trophy.

Boyle has the trophy wrapped up.
Don't know why people are shocked by this. I kinda predicted this one in the prediction thread. People are selling LC short. This is a good team that put up quite a few points on(in my opinion) the best defense in the east half of this state in Johnson Central who is viewed by many as the best 4a team in all the state. I think you just saw two of the best 3a teams this year go at it.
IMO, Central is the team to beat with Boyle and Lex Cath a step behind them, but, still a serious contender. At this point, with all the turnovers and inconsistency, I'd put Belfry in that next group of teams with Caldwell and E'Town and even there, may be giving them too much credit..
Crossbones Wrote:Agreed! Built up as world beaters and can't win their own district. A lot of people had already give them the trophy.

Pulaski County didn't win their district last year but won the State. So it can happen.
bcpc Wrote:Boyle would still be a likely team for the trophy. The #1 trophy that is. Wait and see....

There is no doubt that they are a likely team for the trophy. As are several few. But a lock for it they are not. That was proven tonight.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Pulaski County didn't win their district last year but won the State. So it can happen.

Hahaha....yea but Pulaski county doesn't he e to travel the same road as Boyle. Apple's and oranges.
Is there still a chance that Legend Brumbaugh will return for the playoffs? The Knights are lucky to have a quarterback as good as Fagot to step in to the starter's role. Fagot played very well against Johnson Central coming off the bench but if LexCath gets Legend Brumbaugh back in time for the playoffs, I don't see how the Knights would not be considered the favorites to win the title. If nothing else, it would give the Knights depth at QB that would be unmatched.
Knight's step up with Central and Belfry as favorites. Boyle not so much.
E's Army Wrote:Knight's step up with Central and Belfry as favorites. Boyle not so much.

bull butter.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Is there still a chance that Legend Brumbaugh will return for the playoffs? The Knights are lucky to have a quarterback as good as Fagot to step in to the starter's role. Fagot played very well against Johnson Central coming off the bench but if LexCath gets Legend Brumbaugh back in time for the playoffs, I don't see how the Knights would not be considered the favorites to win the title. If nothing else, it would give the Knights depth at QB that would be unmatched.

I don't follow Lex Cath but if those are the real names of those kids one has the greatest football name while the other may have one of the most unfortunate.

:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
Cardfan1 Wrote:I don't follow Lex Cath but if those are the real names of those kids one has the greatest football name while the other may have one of the most unfortunate.

:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:

probably pronounced differen't than you think :biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:probably pronounced differen't than you think :biglmao:

I hope so. I know what our PA guy would say though. :lmao:
pjdoug Wrote:Boyle has the trophy wrapped up.

They will not be able to run the table know that Boyle's coach has never defeated Lex. Cath. 0-4 all time. Bolye might not make it out of region having to play @ Central before a rematch with Catholic. Good luck with that! :flame:playing with fire will get you burnt! Oh its already happened
outsider Wrote:They will not be able to run the table know that Boyle's coach has never defeated Lex. Cath. 0-4 all time. Bolye might not make it out of region having to play @ Central before a rematch with Catholic. Good luck with that! :flame:playing with fire will get you burnt! Oh its already happened

1997 is as far as I can go back but Smith is 6-6 against Catholic while coaching at Boyle, what happened before 97 I'm unsure of so your info is dead wrong .
Jack Lambert Wrote:1997 is as far as I can go back but Smith is 6-6 against Catholic while coaching at Boyle, what happened before 97 I'm unsure of so your info is dead wrong .

'97 was the first year I believe that the two schools played. :Thumbs: