Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mid-Season-Hot-Seat-Coaches....IMO!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please don't take me too serious....Just my opinion!!!

Brent Rose-Betsy Layne......Struggling program and disgruntled fans.
JR. Hammond-Sheldon Clark.....Been given alot of time but tough district. He's already been told he is out.
Barry Hall-South Floyd......South Floyd has talent but not winning. Needs discipline and defense!!!
Jim Hicks-Greenup County.....What can I say, this is a mess!!!
Mark Starns- Johnson Central....I know, he won the region, but he also tried to bail this summer and they are struggling.

I hope all these guys keep their jobs!!! I said in an earlier thread that Bobby Bowden was quoted as saying, " Their are two types of coaches, those that have been fired and those that are waiting to get fired." Crazy Profession!!!
What about them?
Read the thread...Hot Seat!!! Understand!!
J.R. has had his time and for that i agree but the other you are crazy, Rose at b.l is dealing with a lot of others tring to run the team from outside the programs and the loss of players to graduation hit him hard and fans are the problem. Hall has one player with experence and this bunch did not even win at the jv level last season discipline is their but players having no bball IQ is the problem just adding Ryan johnson to this team they would be 6-2 because he listened and knew how to take over a game in the final qrt. Starns at JC no way he is on the hot seat he is losing some games but just won the regional last season and its hard to replace what he lost and he will be fine everyone said last season they could not win (or beat paintsville)but they did. Green-up looked pretty good in the boyd co tournament and will be alright do not know much about this situation.
Brent Rose at Betsy Layne won't be back next year because a new rule was passed that you can't coach and be a principal too. His board member had this one passed. Because the board member wants another coach in there. I hope the coach remembers what he asked for when it happens. The next couple of years, I hope he thinks what have I done.
Unbiased Wrote:Brent Rose at Betsy Layne won't be back next year because a new rule was passed that you can't coach and be a principal too. His board member had this one passed. Because the board member wants another coach in there. I hope the coach remembers what he asked for when it happens. The next couple of years, I hope he thinks what have I done.

Which coach are you refering too?
Rose or the one who wants the job so bad?

Personally if what you are saying is true, then this one of the worst examples of an abuse of power that has taken place in awhile.
[QUOTE=ducky]Please don't take me too serious....Just my opinion!!!

JR. Hammond-Sheldon Clark.....Been given alot of time but tough district. He's already been told he is out.
Barry Hall-South Floyd......South Floyd has talent but not winning. Needs discipline and defense!!!
Mark Starns- Johnson Central....I know, he won the region, but he also tried to bail this summer and they are struggling.

Rose will have more support than you think, because of the way things are being handled.

Hammond will step down.

Hall has such an inexperienced team that is struggling but learning, will stay as long as HE WANTS. Remember this man has 2 All A regional titles.

Hicks-under some heat for treatment of players, that coaching style only works if you win.

Starns is in a no win sitituation, the school appears to be turning it focus to football.
Doc Holliday Wrote:[QUOTE=ducky]Please don't take me too serious....Just my opinion!!!

Rose will have more support than you think, because of the way things are being handled.

Hammond will step down.

Hall has such an inexperienced team that is struggling but learning, will stay as long as HE WANTS. Remember this man has 2 All A regional titles.

Hicks-under some heat for treatment of players, that coaching style only works if you win.

Starns is in a no win sitituation, the school appears to be turning it focus to football.

I agree, I think Coach Starns is doing the best he can in his situation. With McCarty being hurt...it doesn't help. The team is better than 4-8 at this point...Most of their loses was while McCarty was being sidelined.
Doc Holliday Wrote:[QUOTE=ducky]Please don't take me too serious....Just my opinion!!!

Hammond will step down.

I agre with all of this.
i know hammonds is out at sheldon clakr siimply because the superintendent wants to hire a guy from his old high school playing days over in west virginia. Its nothing but politics. As far as Starns goes he tried to leave last year after they won the regional tournament and knowing Jim Matney he hates basketball and with the success of football Starns might as be looking.
tubbyhater1 Wrote:i know hammonds is out at sheldon clakr siimply because the superintendent wants to hire a guy from his old high school playing days over in west virginia. Its nothing but politics. As far as Starns goes he tried to leave last year after they won the regional tournament and knowing Jim Matney he hates basketball and with the success of football Starns might as be looking.

Mike Smith from Tolsia?

He'll last about a year.
Is he the current Tolsia coach??
No.

He was coach when they won the title in 1998.

He is a good coach but coaching in WVa. and coaching in Kentucky is TOTALLY DIFFERENT animals.

Name me a coach that has come from WVa. to Kentucky and been successful, ask David Hatfield that came from Williamson to Belfry. This man had a few state titles to his credit and struggled over here to get above .500