Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 81 - Fleming Co. 63 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Belfry improves to (9-3) on the season, rolling to a 81-63 win in the first round of the Appalachain Wireless Moutain Schoolboy Classic at Belfry. Case lead Belfry with 20 points. Pretty good team effort, it just looks as if Belfry needs to step it up on D.

Belfry returns to action Friday night against The Australian Vikings in the nightcap.
Two dandy's on friday night in the semi's!!! Pikeville vs. Milwaukee South Division at 7:00, then the Pirates vs. Australia at 9:00. Pikeville has their hands full but Belfry will cruise!!
Belfry will not cruise. The Australia team is very fundamental sound and can shoot the lights out of it. The Aver kidd (#8) had 24 at the half.
Belfry did have a nice win tonight. Jamie was awarded a plaque and a game ball for joining the 1000th point club. Case and Steele both had 19 while Dustin May finished with 17.
Coach Casey is going to have to have a talk with a few players, they are some people who will not even look Case's way, even on a fast 2 on 1 fast break wont give the ball up to him... Case has to create every pont he scores because of selfish team mates, if the dont change their ways it will cost them come regionals...
The Australian team is actually pretty good.. I think Belfry will have thier hands full... Also that it being thier 4th game in as many nights
couldn't make it there tonight but I heard Justin Steele played a great game.. by far Belfry's best shooter..
Showtime_05 Wrote:couldn't make it there tonight but I heard Justin Steele played a great game.. by far Belfry's best shooter..

haha...that's hilarious!!!
Justin Steele's best basketball is ahead of him...he has improved greatly...but to say he is the best shooter is not a realistic statement. He has done a great job of running the team and not turned the ball over..he has also made some huge freethrows...all MUST HAVE qualities for a solid pointguard...
Congrats Belfry
Showtime_05 Wrote:couldn't make it there tonight but I heard Justin Steele played a great game.. by far Belfry's best shooter..

WOW! What a comment. Have you even watched Belfry play this year. Steele is a good shooter but is only shooting 35.2% from the field on the year and 25% from the 3pt line, while Case is shooting 50.8% from the field for the year. How does this make Steele "by far the best shooter" as you say??? They both are lifting weights hard right now, which has affected both of their shots. I think you are just trying to start trouble for the team. The team is playing very well right now. If you think the point guard should be the leading scorer, then you don't know basketball.
I agree that Showtime is trying to stir things up...or he is completely ignorant about the game of basketball...
I would love for people just to post scores on here and lock parents and girlfriends out of conversations.
kyr450 Wrote:Coach Casey is going to have to have a talk with a few players, they are some people who will not even look Case's way, even on a fast 2 on 1 fast break wont give the ball up to him... Case has to create every pont he scores because of selfish team mates, if the dont change their ways it will cost them come regionals...

This kind of negative comments made toward coaches/players will not be tolerated. You will be warned first, then failure to comply will result in temporary suspension
mrfootball03 Wrote:This kind of negative comments made toward coaches/players will not be tolerated. You will be warned first, then failure to comply will result in temporary suspension

You need to check the rules pal, nothing I said was in violation...
This thread, as are several others, is being watched. Lets keep it clean and voice opinions, facts and scores. Not attitudes.

Congrats Belfry