Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Amazing Political Paintings -- Must View!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I few months back I visited a local restaurant and was blown away by the paintings on the wall. I found that the artist was Andy Thomas, and here are some of the ones that I saw. They are for sale on the internet for anyone looking to decorate or add to their political shrines. Smile

Regardless of your personal political affiliation, I think we all can agree that any of them would make a great conversation piece. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I did. What I find most interesting, are the details hidden in the Obama "change" speech painting: In the front row, to the left, you'll see the only person in the crowd who is seated. That appears to be FDR, who would be confined to a wheel chair. It also looks like Lincoln can be found in the crowd, to the right side, about 5 rows back beside a man who is clapping his hands. LBJ is to the extreme right in the same area.

And finally, have some fun with a these pictures... Caption them with what they are saying. For instance, when I saw the one of the republicans playing cards and cracking up.... I could imagine it was a picture from late 2006-2007 timeframe, and Reagan being the humorist amongst them all probably said something like.... "And then.... the liberals said that we'd have a black president someday!! HAHAHA" or... if it were in 2001 before the 9/11 attacks and Iraq... "A decade long war... yeah right..."

[Image: 4438d4479f78.jpg]
[Image: e09e6d3a32b4.jpg]
[Image: 28acaa412406.jpg]
[Image: dc67ea97314d.jpg]
[Image: 80898231488e.jpg]
[Image: 49ad77d2aa4d.jpg]
[Image: dc67ea97314d.jpg]

"I told them... we'll have to pass it to see whats in it." -- Obama
[Image: 4438d4479f78.jpg]

"The best part? History books teach that I thought blacks were equal to whites...." Lincoln
[Image: 28acaa412406.jpg]

"Yes we can --- lose our standing as the lone superpower."
I gotta say those are intoxicating. How awesome would it be to hear the conversation from among the presidents? I confess without reservation, I miss the days when Presidents were trusted statesmen. Men of honor who gave themselves in service to lead this nation to historical prominence. (With the possible exception of Woodrow Wilson and one or two others.)

Backdrop such political nobility against a man whose policies are meant to put us off the pillar as world leader. Almost everybody cedes high intellect as being attributable to our President. I say all he brought to the table was the perspective of the scornful, as I believe his policy disasters aptly demonstrate. To me, it seems a lot like the perspective of Jeremiah Wright, just saying.
ronald reagan Wrote:[Image: dc67ea97314d.jpg]

"I told them... we'll have to pass it to see whats in it." -- Obama

"And they believed me"
ronald reagan Wrote:[Image: 4438d4479f78.jpg]

"The best part? History books teach that I thought blacks were equal to whites...." Lincoln

Just when we thought ole Jimmy C could never be outdone, in came Barry"
ronald reagan Wrote:[Image: 28acaa412406.jpg]

"Yes we can --- lose our standing as the lone superpower."

JFK is also in the crowd in this one
Lincoln, FDR, Wilson, LBJ, and I cant think of his name, but the famous slave with the white beard.
Its also pretty cool how he includes the other painting within each one on the wall.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:JFK is also in the crowd in this one
Lincoln, FDR, Wilson, LBJ, and I cant think of his name, but the famous slave with the white beard.

Frederick Douglas? I see someone who resembles him in the far back center.

Where are Wilson and JFK? I couldn't find them.

You'd think that Rosa Parks, MLK, and perhaps people like Susan B. Anthony would be included somewhere.

-----------
ronald reagan Wrote:Frederick Douglas? I see someone who resembles him in the far back center.

Where are Wilson and JFK? I couldn't find them.

You'd think that Rosa Parks, MLK, and perhaps people like Susan B. Anthony would be included somewhere.

-----------

Wilson is right beside Lincoln, and JFK is just to the left of all of them. If you look at the end of the microphone where you speak into it, go to the right about 3 people and youll see him.
The one thing I don't get, is that the this is supposedly fictionalized painting of Barrack giving his famous acceptance speech in 2008. Yet, he has the presidential seal on his podium. Probably a boo-boo. But then again, maybe has a bit of symbolic meaning. Here is a list of the people actually in the painting.

John Jay, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, Abe Lincoln, FDR, Martin Luther King, Jr., JFK, LBJ, Thurgood Marshall, Rosa Parks, Medgar Evers, Andrew Young, Edward Brooke, Douglas Wilder and Barbara Jordan, and Jesse Jackson.

Where's the rest of the democrat leaders -- Robert Byrd? Al Gore Sr? Strom Thurmand? Bull Connor? Gov Wallace? I wonder why they'd leave off such influential people?
^
They may be influential but they were radical nut jobs that dems are known to be today.
ronald reagan Wrote:The one thing I don't get, is that the this is supposedly fictionalized painting of Barrack giving his famous acceptance speech in 2008. Yet, he has the presidential seal on his podium. Probably a boo-boo. But then again, maybe has a bit of symbolic meaning. Here is a list of the people actually in the painting.

John Jay, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, Abe Lincoln, FDR, Martin Luther King, Jr., JFK, LBJ, Thurgood Marshall, Rosa Parks, Medgar Evers, Andrew Young, Edward Brooke, Douglas Wilder and Barbara Jordan, and Jesse Jackson.

Where's the rest of the democrat leaders -- Robert Byrd? Al Gore Sr? Strom Thurmand? Bull Connor? Gov Wallace? I wonder why they'd leave off such influential people?

:thatsfunn To equate people like Byrd, Thurmond, Connor, & Wallace to the modern Democratic party is like equating Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt to the modern Republican Party.
Motley Wrote::thatsfunn To equate people like Byrd, Thurmond, Connor, & Wallace to the modern Democratic party is like equating Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt to the modern Republican Party.
You're right. Better comparisons to the modern Democrat Party would be Neville Chamberlain, Karl Marx, and Daniel Ortega.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You're right. Better comparisons to the modern Democrat Party would be Neville Chamberlain, Karl Marx, and Daniel Ortega.

Don't forget Karl's brother Harpo! :Thumbs:
TheRealThing Wrote:Don't forget Karl's brother Harpo! :Thumbs:
:Thumbs: I remember when Democrats were actually embarrassed at the antics of Billy Carter. Billy would be embarrassed by today's Democrat Party.