Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland vs Fairview 10/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I agree , and from what I read in the other papers and heard from some of the other teams ( Lawrence co, Portsmouth west and valley ) they were targeting Nathaniel is those games anyway and that's where Raceland has an advantage imo, take Portsmouth west for example they had 2 not one linebacker on Nathaniel all night he really couldn't get going at all but when salmons seen that they used Nathaniel by faking bootlegs their linebackers chased him and Kane touched them for almost 200 yards . Carson and Bailey both are capable of doing the same so for a team to come into a game and say we are taking Nathaniel / Kane / out of the game by scheming against that player just isn't gonna work . And ik what your saying about targeting him meaning putting hits on nathaniel but he's not your typical qb he's played running back his whole life and plays linebacker so contact is not a issue

I agree. I really like our style of offense this year, though it would be nice to have someone like Mav, Connor, or Josh at WR that had some more height to go along with their speed, if we had that, I think we'd be 6-1 at this point with no worries whatsoever about the offense. But, this team has settled in on who they are and we are getting more and more profecient offensively in the redzone, taking advantage of 6 minite drives and finishing them off with TDs is crucial. With our defense, our offense only needs to be effecient, take care of the football, and grind games out. Proud of how this team has responded and grown as the season goes on.
Nust got done watching some maxpreps and hudl videos. Fairviews biggest issue against us last year was being weak on the LOS and poor form, technique, and strength when making a tackle. We may not have the recieving corps we did last year to spread them out as much, but the way Kane has been running the last few weeks, It looks like it may be a long night for Fairview.
still say roy & company take things in their own hands. it up to them . no turnovers and they are dangerous. I think roy bounces back from a tough district opener and makes some major noise. as far as Fairview line..(los) some say. they are not weak. adjustments yes but defensive line should rise up this week. Fairview in a close one. rams are suspect at qb and if forced to pass eagles win
eagles 35
rams 32
should be a great night in ramland. a real pa man who sells popcorn and hotdogs. and also announces the defensive tackles for the other team. that's a good pa man up in that press box
scrappy coco Wrote:still say roy & company take things in their own hands. it up to them . no turnovers and they are dangerous. I think roy bounces back from a tough district opener and makes some major noise. as far as Fairview line..(los) some say. they are not weak. adjustments yes but defensive line should rise up this week. Fairview in a close one. rams are suspect at qb and if forced to pass eagles win
eagles 35
rams 32

Your defense is suspect (not Raceland's QB), giving up 31.2 PPG. Raceland could pass all night and it wouldn't matter. They won't have to though. After watching the Paintsville game, Roy will be running for his life.
Fairview will hang around for a little while, but in the end it will be a RAM Rout.
scrappy coco Wrote:still say roy & company take things in their own hands. it up to them . no turnovers and they are dangerous. I think roy bounces back from a tough district opener and makes some major noise. as far as Fairview line..(los) some say. they are not weak. adjustments yes but defensive line should rise up this week. Fairview in a close one. rams are suspect at qb and if forced to pass eagles win
eagles 35
rams 32

The line is bad just wait til tonight Racelands line is more athletic than Paintsvilles.
Everyone we have played this year has been a little faster and a little better at the skill positions and here we are at 5-2 and our only losses were to teams with multiple kids going on to play D1 or D2 college ball (6 pts away from being 6-1). Greenup, Lawrence, West Carter, and Portsmouth all had a little better atheletes than we did, didnt matter. Our best all around atheletes, pound for pound are on our DL. Its going to be a long night for Alex Roy. He will make a few plays, but come mid third quarter, the rutt will be on. Fairview's defense doesnt seem to tackle any better this year, struggling against physical teams. This one ends up looking alot like last weeks final between the Tigers and Eagles. Good luck to both squads and I hope everyone comes out injury free.
Slic Ric Wrote:Your defense is suspect (not Raceland's QB), giving up 31.2 PPG. Raceland could pass all night and it wouldn't matter. They won't have to though. After watching the Paintsville game, Roy will be running for his life.
Fairview will hang around for a little while, but in the end it will be a RAM Rout.

I agree that the Raceland defense will be too much.
Fairview was SCARED to death of Paintsville, and im sure they know Raceland beat Lawrence co who put a whoopin on them . Raceland does what Raceland does tonight and every other Friday night .. Let's get physical a little throw back 80's song for u . Surly fairview won't come out in a 3 front like the genius coaches tried against Paintsville will they ?? Nah but it won't matter much anyway
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Fairview was SCARED to death of Paintsville, and im sure they know Raceland beat Lawrence co who put a whoopin on them . Raceland does what Raceland does tonight and every other Friday night .. Let's get physical a little throw back 80's song for u . Surly fairview won't come out in a 3 front like the genius coaches tried against Paintsville will they ?? Nah but it won't matter much anyway

That's exactly what I was thinking at that game last Friday
Can someone say Pick-6. Think that Rams DL will put the heat on and force a couple of em tonight.
beatdown!!!!!!
Racelands inability to move the ball and score a lot of points makes this a closer game then it should be. Salmons will keep beating that dead horse(QB run) because it's a easy call to make.Scotty if you woul look up a stat for us.I would love to see the total offensive plays that Messer had last year compared to everyone els.
I don't know about you guys but watching the Rams play is like watching paint dry.The stand around and look a wrist bands.Hell the run about 5 different plays,why look at a wristband?
In the P West game we moved the ball real good with a short fast passing game,haven't seen it sense!I think we need help on offense and it starts at the top.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Racelands inability to move the ball and score a lot of points makes this a closer game then it should be. Salmons will keep beating that dead horse(QB run) because it's a easy call to make.Scotty if you woul look up a stat for us.I would love to see the total offensive plays that Messer had last year compared to everyone els.
I don't know about you guys but watching the Rams play is like watching paint dry.The stand around and look a wrist bands.Hell the run about 5 different plays,why look at a wristband?
In the P West game we moved the ball real good with a short fast passing game,haven't seen it sense!I think we need help on offense and it starts at the top.
There's so much more than just looking at the wrist band. And you're beating a dead horse with the Messer excuse. Rams will be just fine.
What excuse do you think I'm trying to make FootballGuy??
Look....there has never been more talent wasted on a football field then Messer.We have two senior running backs that are pretty damn good but we run the QB 17 + times a game.If that's the extent of Salmons creativity when it comes to play calling it might be best to let someone els give it a try.
RAMDAD50;1929559n Wrote:Look....there has never been more talent wasted on a football field then Messer.We have two senior running backs that are pretty damn good but we run the QB 17 + times a game.If that's the extent of Salmons creativity when it comes to play calling it might be best to let someone els give it a try.

Have you ever watched a Raceland game the in the last 10 years ? The qb runs the ball a lot that's part of the offense they try snd spread teams out and out number them by running the qb .
What amazes me is that the Rams have won every game they were favorites in and came within a 2 points of breaking a 5 year home winning streak of an Ohio State Semi-finals team and some of people still have starch in their panties. Gee whiz ! ! ! ! !
I'm saying its a new year this isn't Messers teams this is Snyders, Christians, and Howard's team. Let's focus on 2015.
FootballGuy Wrote:I'm saying its a new year this isn't Messers teams this is Snyders, Christians, and Howard's team. Let's focus on 2015.

Who is talking about messer ? And there are 12 seniors not 3 that you mentioned . It's all thier year . Niece , bressler , ball , Jamison , Caden and Braden Towsand, Howard , case, Christian , Snyder , Holbrook and hall .. All but two have played together forever bressler is playing for the first time this year snd hall came over from Ironton a couple years ago . All these players will be missed next year .
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Racelands inability to move the ball and score a lot of points makes this a closer game then it should be. Salmons will keep beating that dead horse(QB run) because it's a easy call to make.Scotty if you woul look up a stat for us.I would love to see the total offensive plays that Messer had last year compared to everyone els.

First of all, with what our strength is this year (upfront and our backfield) our offense is its most profecient in being slow and methodical, do I think we run Nathaniel a bit too much? Possibly, but its part of the system. He has nearly as many interceptions as TD passes this year. I do agree however, that our short passing game looked great. But, I think you will see more diversity in the play calling from tonight on throughout the playoffs.

To answer your question about Messer, he had 101 plays from scrimmage last year, which was 4th most by any starter (50 rushes/17 pass attempts on 12 completions/34 receptions according to khsaa). Young rushed 108 times last year, Christian 99, Snyder 126. Alot of guys get touches in our offense, but Kane is going to get a bulk of the carries. He leads all rushers this year in carries, yards, and TDs.
Thanks Scotty
12-0Fairview
Wow rams are suspect on defense
All you people thinking Rams will beat down Fairview are clowns. Rams just are no good.
Eagles make it easy looking against this defense
We look hirrid. No heart. No nothing. Next weeks goina be ugly if we dont start to show any signs of life.
Salmons needs to keep feeding the running backs the ball.
When's the last time Raceland kicked a field goal?
I think 2013 v Pikeville Reg champ game. Our defense is adjusting, i think we will wake up in the second half. We were shell shocked by their tempo.
Pages: 1 2 3 4