Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County 34 Breathitt County 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

First ever win against Breathitt County for the Pirates.

Powell just needs to win 1/2 district games remaining and they are the district champions
Powell's defense wins the game again, holding Breathitt to 12. Isaac Harrison once again the best player on the field, hands down.
Congrats Powell.
Hard to believe breathitt has fallen to such a level. At this rate we will be lucky to beat Morgan and have no shot at hazard. This will make us 3-7 or 4-6. If we don't beat Morgan we will be on road against bell or Corbin in 1st rd and that could get ugly. Sad night to be a bobcat
What cha you gonna do when those pirates run wild on you
wow
It's been a struggle for the 2015 Bobcats. Still support them and expect improvement. Go Bobcats!
This is the first time Breathitt hasn't won district in how many years?
bac2369 Wrote:This is the first time Breathitt hasn't won district in how many years?

They did not win it last year. Magoffin Co. won district I believe.
Poor Breathitt
I guess they did. Wow
I still can't believe breathitt has fallen this far. In years past we would have put a running clock on every team is this district. Those teams have improved some but breathitt s decline is more the reason the bobcats are struggling

Don't see it getting any better next year either we lose Collins who is 90 percent of offense and best player on d and punter.

Could get worse before we see much improvement on the Riverbank.
Guys relax. All County schools go through this. Especially the state being in didn't help the situation any. Pburg is going down hill, Harlan County is seeing it happen there. It's just part of it here in the mountains. You have rebuilding years. I watch a game on Friday night, I see some good and some bad. Powell shut Collins down. When you stop Collins you should have went to Little or another skill guy with some more touches. Little ran the opening kickoff back so he had some confidence early. i would have gave him the ball alittle more. They were keying on Collins. Breathitt will get back. Just give it some time. From the outside looking in Coach Moore needs some more help. Keep working hard cats.
Powell is on top! Go Pirates! good job coach Brewer!
This is 3 years now that we have been awful. Can't blame lack of feeder programs all these upperclassmen played grade and middle school. Holcomb's last year 12-1 lost at belfry in region title game. Since Kyle took over 1 playoff win and a record of 13-17 if I am not mistaken and most wins came over very weak district opponents. Everyone has a bad year look @ highlands this year but 3 in a roll to me means there needs to be seen change. Each year is getting worse I hate to see next year with Collins gone. Holcomb made it to at least the 3rd round of playoffs or farther every year back to 2006 since he left 1 playoff win in 2 years and a losing records. Wow! I am not saying Kyle is the problem but we are to the point that we need to make some changes
wolfcat Wrote:This is 3 years now that we have been awful. Can't blame lack of feeder programs all these upperclassmen played grade and middle school. Holcomb's last year 12-1 lost at belfry in region title game. Since Kyle took over 1 playoff win and a record of 13-17 if I am not mistaken and most wins came over very weak district opponents. Everyone has a bad year look @ highlands this year but 3 in a roll to me means there needs to be seen change. Each year is getting worse I hate to see next year with Collins gone. Holcomb made it to at least the 3rd round of playoffs or farther every year back to 2006 since he left 1 playoff win in 2 years and a losing records. Wow! I am not saying Kyle is the problem but we are to the point that we need to make some changes
I support the program. Whatever or whoever it takes to improve I expect it to be done. The current performance is unacceptable. But i know the current coaching staff does not like what is happening anymore than we fans do.
I went to the Estill/Breathitt game. Over half of Breathitt's bleachers were empty, wasn't hardly anyone their for the Bobcats, no canon, just not the same as it use to be.
wolfcat Wrote:This is 3 years now that we have been awful. Can't blame lack of feeder programs all these upperclassmen played grade and middle school. Holcomb's last year 12-1 lost at belfry in region title game. Since Kyle took over 1 playoff win and a record of 13-17 if I am not mistaken and most wins came over very weak district opponents. Everyone has a bad year look @ highlands this year but 3 in a roll to me means there needs to be seen change. Each year is getting worse I hate to see next year with Collins gone. Holcomb made it to at least the 3rd round of playoffs or farther every year back to 2006 since he left 1 playoff win in 2 years and a losing records. Wow! I am not saying Kyle is the problem but we are to the point that we need to make some changes

So what's your solutions? You say they need to make changes, what are they? No doubt they have fallen on hard times and it's easy to sit here and blame the state takeover. Imo, they have simply run out of top athletes....in all the sports. If Moore is guilty of anything, it's not recruiting/raiding neighboring school districts and the detention center. You can't MAKE kids play. I've heard he's too nice a guy to be head coach. I call BS. There's not a nicer man in coaching that Philip Haywood @ Belfry. I have no answers, but I'll keep supporting them because I like football...even if it's bad at times.
[quote=mandan]So what's your solutions? You say they need to make changes, what are they? No doubt they have fallen on hard times and it's easy to sit here and blame the state takeover. Imo, they have simply run out of top athletes....in all the sports. If Moore is guilty of anything, it's not recruiting/raiding neighboring school districts and the detention center. You can't MAKE kids play. I've heard he's too nice a guy to be head coach. I call BS. There's not a nicer man in coaching that Philip Haywood @ Belfry. I have no answers, but I'll keep supporting them because I like football...even if it's bad at times.[/QUOT

When you have a hand full of rings like Haywood does you can afford to be nice. All you have to do is flash the rings.
You don't need to recruit for breathitt to be successful the boot camp wasn't even open in the late 90s and to my knowledge only 1 decent player ever came from the boot camp Brandon Thomas. Who can point to one glaring issue when coaches are fired in college and pros sometimes it just time for a change. We need to get some better assistants even if we have fundraisers to pay salaries. Heck I remember picking up garbage beside the road as a fund raiser a couple of times.
wolfcat Wrote:[quote=mandan]So what's your solutions? You say they need to make changes, what are they? No doubt they have fallen on hard times and it's easy to sit here and blame the state takeover. Imo, they have simply run out of top athletes....in all the sports. If Moore is guilty of anything, it's not recruiting/raiding neighboring school districts and the detention center. You can't MAKE kids play. I've heard he's too nice a guy to be head coach. I call BS. There's not a nicer man in coaching that Philip Haywood @ Belfry. I have no answers, but I'll keep supporting them because I like football...even if it's bad at times.[/QUOT

When you have a hand full of rings like Haywood does you can afford to be nice. All you have to do is flash the rings.
You don't need to recruit for breathitt to be successful the boot camp wasn't even open in the late 90s and to my knowledge only 1 decent player ever came from the boot camp Brandon Thomas. Who can point to one glaring issue when coaches are fired in college and pros sometimes it just time for a change. We need to get some better assistants even if we have fundraisers to pay salaries. Heck I remember picking up garbage beside the road as a fund raiser a couple of times.
I remember the roadside cleanups. They were a blast...