Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can Middlesboro get back?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We all know Middlesboro and Corbin were the powerhouses in the mountains from the 30's to around the 90's. Can the Jackets get back to where they were and be a competitor, and if so how long?
They can. They will.

It's high school football. Places go through ups and downs. As much as the blue bloods at places don't want to hear or accept that, it is what it is.

Middleboro will be fine.
Middlesboro will be back. Probably about 3 years but they will have a good class come through and boom they will be there.
I agree! For the most part Middlesboro has a passionate fan base and they love to support their team!

Believe me, we are feeling the growing pains, too but won't be too much longer!

Smile
I am a little shocked at how bad Middlesboro has gotten. I thought maybe things would start looking-up for them this year, but it seems to be going in the other direction. If they aren't at "rock-bottom" yet then it's gotta be pretty close. Just to put it in perspective, look at the 2014 game and the 2015 game against Pineville. That is a huge drop off regardless of what kind of talent you have. Sooner or later you're going to have to stop using the "we just don't have the talent" excuse, and bring-in somebody that can get things going in the right direction. If it doesn't happen quickly, the expectations for that program will drop so low that it could possibly take years to rebuild.
You don't have the talent right now, and what talent you have needs to be worrying about Monday nights and not Friday nights.
I was surprised how many seniors were making the big plays for them in the game I saw.
Their middle school crew was pretty good the past two years, but they did most of the damage on offense and the defense was kind of soft. Their middle school is back to being bad this year.
As long as Middlesboro stays in its current district, I don't see them breaking .500 for the next five years or so.
Paintsville was in this position about 4 years ago. Look where they are at. A good coach and a couple of good classes and they will be on here talking trash and enjoying football. It is never as bad as it seems.
Everything trickles down from the top. If you have a coaching staff with low expectations then your players will take-on those same expectations. Before you know it, you are looking for "moral victories," and getting through a game without a running clock equals success. You better nip it in the bud now or it will only get worse. It is not all about a lack of talent.
I think you have to add Somerset in that mix as well.

They were just as big an important as those two since the beginning of high school football in this area. Best part was they were always in the same district. You don't know how many times one of them knocked the other out when they could have been playing for a state title against each other.

They will all three be back. Corbin and Somerset appear to be already getting there.
We were until they fired Randy! How's it working out now? Smh.
Middlesboro Wrote:We were until they fired Randy! How's it working out now? Smh.

Bear Bryant couldn't win with what's there right now, the staff they have knows football. Gotta give it time
BigDawgPrez Wrote:We all know Middlesboro and Corbin were the powerhouses in the mountains from the 30's to around the 90's. Can the Jackets get back to where they were and be a competitor, and if so how long?

Yes.
I believe that Middlesboro has a really good head coach and will turn around.. To much talent in the boro and we will (Bell) take a little step back the next couple of years.. Still compete with area teams..
Here we go again with the players fault. Talent is here, mindset is not. Adults on here have an excuse for everything. I promise you it is not the level of talent.
No said anything about players, down year and everyone knew that in preseason... I glad Randy is helping us, but at Cumberland and time at the boro, had very little discipline and in tough games that will surface..
NextGeneration Wrote:Here we go again with the players fault. Talent is here, mindset is not. Adults on here have an excuse for everything. I promise you it is not the level of talent.

It is the players fault. Do coaches play the game?