Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pitino is worse off than Tubby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pitino gets everyone he wants and they are far worse than Tubby,s wildcats.I think this state has a bunch of rednecks.Remember Pitino talks the reporters always write in pencil because he changes his stories so much.He is the biggest traitor in the history of the state.
Come on guys if your for Pitino root,,,, for Louisville not my wildcats.
lol....old dawg im for the wildcats all the way n if pitino was still at uk they would be a better ball club thats my opinion just because of the type of ball he plays run an gun and full court press the whole game its exciting to watch
I agree I just hate it that he wound up against our most bitter rival.Pitino done his best coaching job his first year with the Knicks and when he took the Wildcats all the way to the game we lost to duke on that I cant even say it.
lol
Well obviously I dont like the fact that Pitino is at Louisville, but he is one heck of a coach. If he wasnt stupid and left UK in the prime of his coaching career, UK would have a dynasty going on right now, and we wouldnt even be mentioning UCLA. But he went for the money in the NBA and that screwed him over. He even admitted that it was the biggest mistake he ever made when he left UK. I still have alot of respect for Pitino, just because of his coaching ways and teaching methods.
Pitino is just reaping what he sowed----always putting the almighty dollar and his ego first!!!! I do think he is a good coach----but would rather dismantle the bball program then to see him back at UK. UK is bigger than any coach. He needed UK---not the other way around. I also want to see the Tubster get the heave-ho. UK needs a good young coach with an uptempo style. Tubby ball is BORING!!!!!
If tubs would stop recruiting 8 foot tall centers that can't walk and chew gum at the same time they would probably be a better ball club.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Pitino gets everyone he wants and they are far worse than Tubby,s wildcats.I think this state has a bunch of rednecks.Remember Pitino talks the reporters always write in pencil because he changes his stories so much.He is the biggest traitor in the history of the state.

I would have thought Jefferson Davis would have been the biggest Traitor in the states history.
Doc Holliday Wrote:I would have thought Jefferson Davis would have been the biggest Traitor in the states history.

that was untill Rick Patino came along
firetubbyplease! Wrote:Pitino is just reaping what he sowed----always putting the almighty dollar and his ego first!!!! I do think he is a good coach----but would rather dismantle the bball program then to see him back at UK. UK is bigger than any coach. He needed UK---not the other way around. I also want to see the Tubster get the heave-ho. UK needs a good young coach with an uptempo style. Tubby ball is BORING!!!!!
Amen amen amen he loved money more than anything and he was already a millionaire.When Pitino is at the helm its more about him than the players and I think he has flat out sucked at Louisville except for 2 seasons.and he gets the players he wants.
Doc Holliday Wrote:I would have thought Jefferson Davis would have been the biggest Traitor in the states history.
Well Kentucky folk back then switched sides 400 times.We talking ball not what your talking about.Jefferson Davis should have been hung for treason
Meade Wrote:If tubs would stop recruiting 8 foot tall centers that can't walk and chew gum at the same time they would probably be a better ball club.
LOL
Things are not so good in Pitinoville right now.....

Yeah, they are 9-4, but their wins have came against very weak non-conference opponents.

They'll have their hands full when they get into conference against the likes of UCONN, MVU, Pittsburg, etc....

They'll be lucky to get to the NIT IMO.....
They are a bunch of young guys this year... but see for Pitino expectations aren't as high in the Ville' as they would be if he came back to UK. So I think he is just trying to rebuild the program and get them competitive again. Think about how far along they truly have come. It's hard to watch this season, and I've seen it them almost as much as anyone can this season, but you have to take the good with the bad, and it can't stay the way it is forever.
Old school Dawg Wrote:I agree I just hate it that he wound up against our most bitter rival.Pitino done his best coaching job his first year with the Knicks and when he took the Wildcats all the way to the game we lost to duke on that I cant even say it.
I know what you mean and I feel the same way!
everybody is so obsessed with the Rick Pitino of 10 years ago. Pitino isnt the same coach as he was then. He is coaching with a bruised ego, and his ego is his security blanket. He knows he made a mistake by choosing money or building a dynasty, and he knows he failed miserably doing it. So he has to create some kind of a stir by coming back into the state to coach arguably UK's biggest rival, instate Louisville. People keep asking, "what if Pitino was coaching UK??". Ill tell you exactly what theyd be, theyd be no better than 10-3, they wouldnt score anymore points than what theyve scored already. People need to quit getting so wrapped up in what they did 10 years ago under him. He's a good coach. He's not a great coach (anymore). He's going to have his hands full just getting this team to its second straight NIT, and I truly dont look for him to be at Louisville that much longer because 1/ Louisville will NEVER be Kentucky, in anyones eyes. No matter what Lville ever does, theyll ALWAYS play second fiddle to the Cats,...2/ he's done less with more talent than Tubby has since he's been at Louisville (take away the final four and what has he done than Tubby hasnt?)...3/ his ego cant stand much more getting pounded by Kentucky every year...
and 4/ lets face it, he wants to be back in Lexington.....if he hadnt betrayed UK and went to Boston, who knows where theyd be right now? But he did, and they are in pretty good shape, if I may say so myself. Granted, Tubbys style dont appeal to me at all, but Ricks teams struggle to score too, but nobody wants to admit that.
Pitino is worse off than Tubby and has been for 2 years now. Pitino wishes everynight that he should've stayed in Lexington.
LOL I dont care what any body says on here they woulda took the money. I agree that it was a bad move. I agree that if he would be back UK then maybe they would be some kinda dynasty. But one thing Rickie P. dose better than Tubby is recruit. I mean look at Pitino's UK teams compared to say Tubby's. The likes of Padgent, Delk, Anderson, Mohamad(sp?), Evans, Shepherd, and even Mark Pope. Pitino's teams were deep. Do I think that Pitino is in worse shape? No why because he don't have as much expectations at UofL than Tubby does at UK. A season like UK had last year would be a great season for the Cards.