Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Russell a lock in the 16th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the devils seem to be destroying the competition there only loss being to a good mason team that destroyed Ashland the devils lost that one in OT so the way things look now it seems nobody will challenge them inside the region what is everyone elses opinion
agree with ya
While I doubt anyone will agrue that they are the most talented team in the 16th region this year, there is no such thing as a lock anymore...They beat Greenup Co at the buzzer...Quite often it is much more difficult to play a region opponent because they know you so well...It is an advantage to play teams that don't know you well & haven't had the opportunity to scout you like your region opponents do...

Russell is the obvious favorite this year but if they continue to shoot FT's like they did last night they will not repeat as region champs...Being a good free throw shooter takes commitment...The question they need to ask themselves is, "How committed am I to winning the region again?"
The Red Devils are definately the team to beat, the most talented and the favorite. With that said, they are not a lock because no one is a lock in a regional tournament. Just ask Morgan County last year or the many other favorites that have been beaten out of their region (sometimes even their district) when they were supposed to have been going to Rupp!! It happens - it is called "March Madness"!!
No one is a lock in any region these days! Ashland and several others will have a say in this!!
Team to beat but will have to earn it!!!

SValley Fan

Idk what the 16th got but I hope they have better after watching Russel in the 5th/3rd
$MoNeY$ Wrote:Idk what the 16th got but I hope they have better after watching Russel in the 5th/3rd
You must have watched the st x game because you had 30 points or better in Jon Vanhoose and Austin Robinson sitting on the bench due to a team rule violation. If you watched the Mason County game you would have seen Russell can hang with the big dogs when everyone is playing. If I do recall Mason County is in the semis tonight with Lex cath and Russell had them on the ropes.So I really dont know where you come up with what you said.
It's difficult to compare teams until they play eachother. Ashland did get destroyed by Mason County who Russell took to OT, but lately Ashland has been hot. Runner up in Johnson Centrals tourney and in the AIT Championship tonight. I'm not saying that Ashland is the team to beat or that they are the main contender but thats the example people were using.

SValley Fan

GOREDDEVILS Wrote:You must have watched the st x game because you had 30 points or better in Jon Vanhoose and Austin Robinson sitting on the bench due to a team rule violation. If you watched the Mason County game you would have seen Russell can hang with the big dogs when everyone is playing. If I do recall Mason County is in the semis tonight with Lex cath and Russell had them on the ropes.So I really dont know where you come up with what you said.
I watched all the Games, They stayed with Mason County, thats great...even tho Mason County has only got 1 player
Nobody is 100% locked in.A million things could go wrong.They are the best team right now and the best dont always win.Best team,,,no doubt,,,locked in,,,no way
$MoNeY$ Wrote:I watched all the Games, They stayed with Mason County, thats great...even tho Mason County has only got 1 player

I'm Not sure what team you support (tell me and we can look at how good their chances are to make it to Rupp), but obviously you didn't see much of Russell. They beat Lou. Central easily. They had Mason on the ropes and let them off by not hitting their FT's, and most likely would have beat St X had they had Jonathan & Austin. Thet are a good team with very good talent. They are well coached and play pretty disciplined. Many of the St X people had already resigned themselves to a loss before the game started (fan's). Having said all that. Russell is the favorite to win the 16th. There will be teams like Rose Hill, Elliott Co, Ashland as well as others that will doing everything possible to win. It's not a lock, nothing in sports ever is.
If Vanhoose is having any kind of alright night, i dont see ne other teams in the 16th beating them out of the region. Maybe elliott if ferg gets hott, but idk about ne1 else right now.
ahh russell is gonna win the 16th nobody in the region (not even drew mcdavid) can get on hoose's level
No one is a lock in any region!
we'll see. no one can compete with russell. and the embarassing thing is that a few of the best basketball players in the school aint even playin.
yea..i say they are
i dont think they are, elliott can put up alot of points and quick. i dont think it will be an easy route to the sweet 16 for them, but they do have a good chance.
footballdaddy10 Wrote:i dont think they are, elliott can put up alot of points and quick. i dont think it will be an easy route to the sweet 16 for them, but they do have a good chance.

haha good one:thumpsup:

didnt van hoose drop about 40 on those little kids earlier this year? i mean come on, those guys are all frosh and sophmores John and Biggie and company will take it to em in the tourney
Simply No
Bottom line, hoose is the best 3 point shooter in the state, period.

He is not just a set shooter, he can pull up and shoot it off the dribble like no other kid in the state. Overall, although I know the 16th doesnt get any respect, he gets his every night and he is face guarded and double teamed every night. He is the best guard in the State! Beaumont, Proffitt, Beckham, Walls, Knowles, are all great players, but they can't do what hoose can do

He owns the 16th region!:rockon:
Russell plays Elliot Tuesday. Should be a spanking:Clap:
no way!!!
Well after watching them play my Dawgs a couple of nights ago I willl say that there is no way they are a lock. They are a very talented team Yes. I think there is a couple of 16 region teams if there game is on can and will beat them. I am a fan of any eastern Ky school who makes it so if they do I will pull for them as I would anyone from the area!!
They also played your dawgs without their best Post Player, Scott Gill, and still were never threatened by your dawgs
If Russell does make it to Rupp this year they could be the surprise of the tournament!
Yes, they will surprise everyone & score 28 points this year!
knowitall Wrote:They also played your dawgs without their best Post Player, Scott Gill, and still were never threatened by your dawgs

Never threatened we had the lead down to 2 at one point.
Yeah, it was a two point game right after the opening tip, and that was as close as they got the rest of the night lol:Cheerlead
No team is a lock when it comes down to region tourney time...they are the best in the region but they will have to fight for it and dont get too big headed