Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 62 Tolsia, WV. 60 - OT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Belfry wins tonight in the nightcap of the Massey Energy Invitational in Williamson, WV. by a game winning last second shot by Jamie Case as time expired. Case had 33 points and was named tournament MVP.

Belfry defeated Burch, WV. Tuesday Night 54-40

Belfry is now (8-3) and will play in the Mountain Schoolboy Classic @ Belfry Thursday night.
sounded like an exciting game til the end congrats belfry on the hard fought win
good game Case way to shoot your arm off..
does anyone know how many case shot
congrats Belfry and Case
Cookie Crisp Wrote:does anyone know how many case shot

Not sure exactly, FG percentage was like 60%... He did excellent from the field... however, he did struggle from the line some, but managed to sink the one to tie Belfry to put it in OT at the end of the 4th... Don't hold me to it.. but at my last count he went 3-10 from the line..
Case missed 6 from the line, and I forget the exact total, that came from Mr West. 33 points is Jamies new career high. Also it needs to be mentioned Tolsia is ranked 3 in aa in WV and is a heck of a team. When Belfry gets their shots falling, which they havent done this year they will be hard to handle.
Congrats Belfry
Cookie Crisp Wrote:does anyone know how many case shot

Not enough...very seldom does he force shots, and when he does its because the rest of the team is just standing and watching him play.
Belfry is a solid team and they will not stop attacking.Jamie Case has really beefed up and it shows.He had 28 pts. against JC in the CMC. Congrats on your victory Belfry!!!!
Showtime...were you there??? Case only missed like five shots...shot over 60% from the field...sometimes you make some nice comments on here...but the one in this thread might be the most ridiculous comment that I have ever seen...you are much better than that.
By the way Tolsia said before the game they would shut Case down. They really did play great defense on him. But I believe Case is going to get his points this year no matter how good the defense is, he just can create offense.
Showtime_05 Wrote:good game Case way to shoot your arm off..

Big time players make big time plays. Case once again took responsiblity and carried his team to victory. The most important shot I remember him taking is the one to win the game.
Showtime_05 Wrote:good game Case way to shoot your arm off..

This quite possibly is the worst comment I have ever scene in my life, you have got to be joking right??? He shot well over 60% from the field, was 2-5 from the arc, an 7-13 from the line, all while chipping in 6 assist, 6 rebounds an 4 steals... He is shooting 52% on the season from the field, an 82% from the line... An trust me Case could shoot all night if he wanted to an still not shoot his arm off, the boy has some size on him this year...
well sounds like case is having an outstanding year
Jamie is one of the most un-selfish players I have seen.

He could shoot twice as much but chooses not to because he gets his teammates involved. He knows for Belfry to win a region title they have to step up and make plays and they will.

He knows that its all about the name on the front not the back.
Very good post

NEXT Wrote:Jamie is one of the most un-selfish players I have seen.

He could shoot twice as much but chooses not to because he gets his teammates involved. He knows for Belfry to win a region title they have to step up and make plays and they will.

He knows that its all about the name on the front not the back.
Case has to be on some steroids cause he wasn't near that big last year..lol. He played a pretty good game though. Case at times takes some stupid shots. Other than that I really do like his game though. He's one of the best ball players in the area when he's playing under control. But these shots 10 feet behind the 3 point line are rediculous. He shot at least 3 of those against Burch and didn't come close. He let 2 air balls fly from way behind the ark against Tolsia, but he did make a big 3pt bomb from way back there towards the end. I'm not saying he can't make them...anybody can if they shoot enough..but they're just bad shots..those kind of shots are momentum breakers. But when Case takes the ball to the goal and shots off the dribble or takes it in and kicks it out he is a much better player and I believe Belfry is a much better team when he plays that way. As far as him shooting too much, I don't have a problem with him shooting alot if they're good shots. Lets be honest here, he is going to have to score at least 20 every game for Belfry to go anywhere this year. No one else on Belfry except Case has the ability to score unless they are set up for layups, and I'd be afraid to count how many of those Belfry missed last night. Case needs to shoot alot, but he also needs to play under control and take good shots. Set up his teamates for wide open oppertunities. That will put Belfry over the top. I was extremely impressed with Belfry both nights on defense. I think Belfry will be able to shut teams down all year with their preassure defense, but people other than Case will have to step up on offense.
Coach Wrote:Case has to be on some steroids cause he wasn't near that big last year..lol. He played a pretty good game though. Case at times takes some stupid shots. Other than that I really do like his game though. He's one of the best ball players in the area when he's playing under control. But these shots 10 feet behind the 3 point line are rediculous. He shot at least 3 of those against Burch and didn't come close. He let 2 air balls fly from way behind the ark against Tolsia, but he did make a big 3pt bomb from way back there towards the end. I'm not saying he can't make them...anybody can if they shoot enough..but they're just bad shots..those kind of shots are momentum breakers. But when Case takes the ball to the goal and shots off the dribble or takes it in and kicks it out he is a much better player and I believe Belfry is a much better team when he plays that way. As far as him shooting too much, I don't have a problem with him shooting alot if they're good shots. Lets be honest here, he is going to have to score at least 20 every game for Belfry to go anywhere this year. No one else on Belfry except Case has the ability to score unless they are set up for layups, and I'd be afraid to count how many of those Belfry missed last night. Case needs to shoot alot, but he also needs to play under control and take good shots. Set up his teamates for wide open oppertunities. That will put Belfry over the top. I was extremely impressed with Belfry both nights on defense. I think Belfry will be able to shut teams down all year with their preassure defense, but people other than Case will have to step up on offense.

Trust me he is not on steroids, I work out with him every single day, he just has a great work ethic an will not stop until he gets what he wants. He just hit the weight room very hard in the off season an it has paid off for him big time, in most areas, it has hurt his three point shot, but it is going to come back around... I do think his team mates need to quit being so selfish an give him the ball more, Jamie just about has to create every point he scores, some players on the team will just not give it up to him...
Jamie Case fan club president, please step away from the keyboard... LOL

*YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE* haha
I'm just tryin to get the boy the respect he deserves...
kyr450 Wrote:I'm just tryin to get the boy the respect he deserves...

well pal, theres others on that team who deserve respect too..
mrfootball03 Wrote:well pal, theres others on that team who deserve respect too..

I give the others on the team there respect, But Im not talking about respect on a team, Im talking about respect through out the region...
kyr450 Wrote:I give the others on the team there respect, But Im not talking about respect on a team, Im talking about respect through out the region...

Man, by the way you talk.. I bet your a ex-pirate yourself.. maybe half pirate / half hawk haha lol
Hoops Lover Wrote:Showtime...were you there??? Case only missed like five shots...shot over 60% from the field...sometimes you make some nice comments on here...but the one in this thread might be the most ridiculous comment that I have ever seen...you are much better than that.

yea I was there..you must not have been
mrfootball03 Wrote:Jamie Case fan club president, please step away from the keyboard... LOL

*YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE* haha

Please JB
kyr450 Wrote:Trust me he is not on steroids, I work out with him every single day, he just has a great work ethic an will not stop until he gets what he wants. He just hit the weight room very hard in the off season an it has paid off for him big time, in most areas, it has hurt his three point shot, but it is going to come back around... I do think his team mates need to quit being so selfish an give him the ball more, Jamie just about has to create every point he scores, some players on the team will just not give it up to him...

I bet he's not as big as you are..your'e the biggest guy I've ever seen
Jamie deserves what he gets and he didnt shoot alot, I seen the stats. Belfry is a good team and Jamie has a desire to win. Tonight he only had 19 and Justin Steele threw in 19 and May 17, so that is some good scoring. But Jamie is the main scorere and leader and I applaud the efforet the young man gives.
congrats Belfry
Showtime_05 Wrote:yea I was there..you must not have been

I was there... Sure never seen you..

But I'll tell you one thing... he played very well.. and didn't force his shots.. If i'm a coach standing on sidelines, This is how I would want my senior leader playing..

Belfry isn't a one man show.. Justin Steele, Dustin May, Brodie Reed are all vital to Belfry's success.. Jamie is just the leader, and thats what a successful team has to have..
Pages: 1 2