Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Oct.23rd Pulaski vs. South Western
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Both teams should be 8-1 by then barring any major upsets by South laurel or Lincoln County. Who do you have?
Great avatar jim.:dudecomeon: Pulaski wont be stopped offensively. PC 35 SW 14
Get back to you on this one. got to get through this week first.
I'll take North Laurel. Whats the deal with North Laurel? They are undefeated, but we never hear a peep out of their fans. What's the scoop, Jimmy?
adopted purple Wrote:I'll take North Laurel. Whats the deal with North Laurel? They are undefeated, but we never hear a peep out of their fans. What's the scoop, Jimmy?
I have much love for the jags since I was a bus driver in the N.Laurel school system for 5 years where I met my wife who was the school head cook. That being said...to say that N.Laurel could beat SW is like saying Greenwood could beat BG or that real badman is a moderator. It just doesnt make sense.:truestory:
adopted purple Wrote:I'll take North Laurel. Whats the deal with North Laurel? They are undefeated, but we never hear a peep out of their fans. What's the scoop, Jimmy?

NL appears to be a solid team if you judge scores. Looks like they will win their district handily. But to suggest their in the same league as SW or PC is a bit premature. If all goes as it should, we will find out about NL in the second round of the playoffs as they would host PC or SW.
This will be a war, as neither team will want to go on the road in the second round or playoffs. I will go with PC 35 SW 26
As of right now I got Southwestern 26-21. A lot of factors will play in to this battle, injuries & field conditions just to name a few. If both are healthy I don't see PC stopping the SW running attack. Edwards had his way against the PC defense the first game last year and then missed the second game due to injury.
Doesn't really matter who wins game 1 because they will meet again in November.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:NL appears to be a solid team if you judge scores. Looks like they will win their district handily. But to suggest their in the same league as SW or PC is a bit premature. If all goes as it should, we will find out about NL in the second round of the playoffs as they would host PC or SW.

Same league? Really? They are all high school footballs teams last time I thought about what they were. I wouldn't want to count North completely out of anything, personally. Remember last year during regular season, neither SW nor Pulaski County routed them, they beat North by one point and one by two points. What that says to me since North, is on such a roll this season, is: tables could turn and just as easy it could be North wins by one or two pts. this season. I DO NOT see that SW especially is that much better than North. I never say never about high school football, because anything can, will and does happen sometimes! Keep on keeping on JAGS, you got fans around pulling for you!! We just don't get on here rubbing other fans the wrong way about their teams like some want to do North Laurel fans. :flush:
Well, I just recruited a North Laurel fan, because you guys should be on here in DROVES and touting big time about your Jags!!

North Laurel has an excellent team this year, and while I haven't seen them play in person yet, they just seem to be getting better.

jim rome needs to teach you guys how to troll....LOL

And by the way, Frozen Tundra...that's the best avatar that he has had out of the last three!
This Pulaski/Southwestern match up is going to be a great game!! I'm like E's army, I'm going to forgo my prediction for a few more days.
Tight End Wrote:Same league? Really? They are all high school footballs teams last time I thought about what they were. I wouldn't want to count North completely out of anything, personally. Remember last year during regular season, neither SW nor Pulaski County routed them, they beat North by one point and one by two points. What that says to me since North, is on such a roll this season, is: tables could turn and just as easy it could be North wins by one or two pts. this season. I DO NOT see that SW especially is that much better than North. I never say never about high school football, because anything can, will and does happen sometimes! Keep on keeping on JAGS, you got fans around pulling for you!! We just don't get on here rubbing other fans the wrong way about their teams like some want to do North Laurel fans. :flush:

Don't get you panties in a wad. All I'm saying is I'm not ready to put NL in a class with SW or even PC yet. Given the schedule they have played no one knows if their for real or not, not even NL fans.
Tight End Wrote:Same league? Really? They are all high school footballs teams last time I thought about what they were. I wouldn't want to count North completely out of anything, personally. Remember last year during regular season, neither SW nor Pulaski County routed them, they beat North by one point and one by two points. What that says to me since North, is on such a roll this season, is: tables could turn and just as easy it could be North wins by one or two pts. this season. I DO NOT see that SW especially is that much better than North. I never say never about high school football, because anything can, will and does happen sometimes! Keep on keeping on JAGS, you got fans around pulling for you!! We just don't get on here rubbing other fans the wrong way about their teams like some want to do North Laurel fans. :flush:

Apparently Warrior 2002 has a problem with telling it how it is, guess what, I don't. South Western or PC would put a running clock on NL. NL's best wins is Harrison and Lincoln, and neither convincingly. Keep on dreamin Loose End, maybe one day NL can hang, but not this year or next. You will all ways be:foreveralone:
jim rome Wrote:Apparently Warrior 2002 has a problem with telling it how it is, guess what, I don't. South Western or PC would put a running clock on NL. NL's best wins is Harrison and Lincoln, and neither convincingly. Keep on dreamin Loose End, maybe one day NL can hang, but not this year or next. You will all ways be:foreveralone:

:thanks:
how many chapters are in this novel? :igiveup:
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, I just recruited a North Laurel fan, because you guys should be on here in DROVES and touting big time about your Jags!!

North Laurel has an excellent team this year, and while I haven't seen them play in person yet, they just seem to be getting better.

jim rome needs to teach you guys how to troll....LOL

And by the way, Frozen Tundra...that's the best avatar that he has had out of the last three!
Jim rome is harmless. Twisted for sure but harmless. He is a ratings booster on alot of these boring threads. As for N.Laurel they will get their chance to prove themselves in a few weeks but as of now their fans should know better than to start the we are better than PC or SW chant. So kudos on keeping quiet Jags fans.
Well truth be told SW isn't in a class with PC yet either, but I wouldn't want to play the Jags the second week of the playoff's in London. Last time both teams traveled to North it was extremely close games. 2014 PC 14 NL 12 and then again in 2013 SW 14 NL 21. By not playing either teams this season could help North because it seems like they play the teams from Somerset better the first time around. Who knows it could be a running clock too, but time will team. We're 7-0 for the first time and the team and the community are having fun with this team.
Frozen Tundra Wrote:how many chapters are in this novel? :igiveup:

The only chapter that matters in this novel is the final chapter! Smile
[quote=Frozen Tundra]Jim rome is harmless. Twisted for sure but harmless. He is a ratings booster on alot of these boring threads. As for N.Laurel they will get their chance to prove themselves in a few weeks but as of now their fans should know better than to start the we are better than PC or SW chant. So kudos on keeping quiet Jags fans.[/QUOTE

Those JAG fans were anything but quiet last Friday night! Fog horns & all the trimmings! Smile
Blitzer Wrote:[quote=Frozen Tundra]Jim rome is harmless. Twisted for sure but harmless. He is a ratings booster on alot of these boring threads. As for N.Laurel they will get their chance to prove themselves in a few weeks but as of now their fans should know better than to start the we are better than PC or SW chant. So kudos on keeping quiet Jags fans.[/QUOTE

Those JAG fans were anything but quiet last Friday night! Fog horns & all the trimmings! Smile
WTF Confusederiously:Stay on topic please!
I'm bored. All I want to do is dance. Confusedinglepar
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Don't get you panties in a wad. All I'm saying is I'm not ready to put NL in a class with SW or even PC yet. Given the schedule they have played no one knows if their for real or not, not even NL fans.

Ba ha ha, you may wear panties, but I can assure you I don't! I was just saying why would SW or PC be in a league by themselves? They wouldn't! Never seen so many haters when a team is doing well before? Old green eyed monster at it's finest, on BGR!!! SW and PC, sure did NOT blow NL out of the water during the season last year, and that's a FACT! :welcome:
Tight End Wrote:Ba ha ha, you may wear panties, but I can assure you I don't! I was just saying why would SW or PC be in a league by themselves? They wouldn't! Never seen so many haters when a team is doing well before? Old green eyed monster at it's finest, on BGR!!! SW and PC, sure did NOT blow NL out of the water during the season last year, and that's a FACT! :welcome:

NL did not help themselves in testing their improvements because of their scheduling.. if they expected to have the team they have i dont understand why they scheduled a bunch of scrub games... dont compare scores.. if I'm not mistaken it was a monsoon last yr..

i would imagine that pulaski nor sw want to go to laurel.. certainly can agree there
Southwestern wins the Mediocre Mud Bowl 28-21
jim rome Wrote:Apparently Warrior 2002 has a problem with telling it how it is, guess what, I don't. South Western or PC would put a running clock on NL. NL's best wins is Harrison and Lincoln, and neither convincingly. Keep on dreamin Loose End, maybe one day NL can hang, but not this year or next. You will all ways be:foreveralone:

North has played PC and has never had a running clock so far!!! If North Laurel stays healthy they have as good a chance to beat SW and PC as any team does, is what I am saying! I don't do name calling or twisting of call names, that's too juvenile!! I like sticking to the subject!!! :Thumbs:
pjdoug Wrote:Southwestern wins the Mediocre Mud Bowl 28-21
I thought I saw a petition to get rid of you. I was likeConfusederiously:WTF, not bjdoug, he's never hurt anyone.

:trolldad:
Tight End Wrote:North has played PC and has never had a running clock so far!!! If North Laurel stays healthy they have as good a chance to beat SW and PC as any team does, is what I am saying! I don't do name calling or twisting of call names, that's too juvenile!! I like sticking to the subject!!! :Thumbs:

I'm not going to discuss NL on a South Western PC thread much longer. My thoughts are NL would lose to either very bad. If you wish to continue talking NL football I suggest you start your own thread, or find some South Laurel fans to tell how good NL is cause I'm not buying.
jim rome Wrote:I'm not going to discuss NL on a South Western PC thread much longer. My thoughts are NL would lose to either very bad. If you wish to continue talking NL football I suggest you start your own thread, or find some South Laurel fans to tell how good NL is cause I'm not buying.
You just need to learn how to relax jimmy boy! :brunettec
:partyhard Too many drunks on this thread! :partyhard
Pages: 1 2