Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt County 48 Estill County 38
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Jackson

Estill jumped out to a 16-0 and 24-8 lead on the Bobcats but fell apart. Estill has really good success running the double wing against Breathitt but once the Bobcats got things going, they had tremendous success going to Collins.

I bet Estill had close to or over 500 rushing yards. Breathitt probably had about the same amount.
Congrats to Breathitt.
Glad to get win boys didn't roll over and quit when they were down. Defense is embarrassing can't stop anyone. Collins is a beast. This should make game between Powell and breathitt district championship in weakest district in 3a
According to the stats on Hudl

Breathitt County had 51 plays for 408 yards. 157 passing yards and 251 rushing yards.

Estill County had 68 plays for 430 yards. 430 of those are rushing yards...

Breathitt had 4 penalties for 49 yards and Estill had 8 penalties for 99 yards

Estill had 24 first downs to Breathitt's 15.

Estill was 1-4 on 4th down (25%) and Breathitt was 2-5 (40%).

Estill had two fumbles lost. Don't recall but one which was at the end of the game which sealed it.

Stacy (Breathitt) was 5/13 passing for 157 yards.

Breathitt had 33 rushing plays for 251 yards.

Kordel Day (Estill County) had 212 of Estill's 430 rushing yards. Day carried the ball 19 times.

What hurt Estill is Breathitt's fake punt. Estill had Breathitt twice at 4 & 20+, Bobcats go to punt and fake it and run it and get a first down....If Estill stops them both of those times, this game could have went in Estill's favor but it didn't.

Breathitt @ Powell next week should be a dandy. IF Powell comes to play like they did against Estill then they'll win but if they don't then Breathitt will win.
Don't know why but Estill's hudl page is showing them playing Corbin on Nov. 20th.
Great game! Go Cats! Bobcats have some good skill guys for sure. Very young but promising teams coming up
Congratulations on a hard fought game Breathitt
I must say I have seen a different team here these last two weeks. They are playing harder. Estill played their butts off too. Estill has some good backs. The fake punts were game changers that's for sure but Collins does that all the time. Just a game changing player. Congrats Bobcats!!!Lets go get this district title!!!
The team has played better the last couple weeks, but not well.. in my opinion. Keep in mind who they are playing also, not exactly top notch teams. Good to see them get a couple wins though. Defense is really struggling
bobcatsfan Wrote:I must say I have seen a different team here these last two weeks. They are playing harder. Estill played their butts off too. Estill has some good backs. The fake punts were game changers that's for sure but Collins does that all the time. Just a game changing player. Congrats Bobcats!!!Lets go get this district title!!!
These two teams better get some defense when it comes playoff time.
I'm like you bull. Quality of opponents the last 2 games not very great and maybe the kids are playing harder because of that. I'm just saying the line is blocking harder and Collins has always ran hard. Defense has struggled the last few years. But really look around the state. Defense isn't played much anywhere anymore don't seem like. Don't see a lot of 7-0 or 14-7 games anymore like we did back in the day. I don't know if the kids are soft these days or what?
bobcatsfan Wrote:I'm like you bull. Quality of opponents the last 2 games not very great and maybe the kids are playing harder because of that. I'm just saying the line is blocking harder and Collins has always ran hard. Defense has struggled the last few years. But really look around the state. Defense isn't played much anywhere anymore don't seem like. Don't see a lot of 7-0 or 14-7 games anymore like we did back in the day. I don't know if the kids are soft these days or what?

There are still a few teams that take pride in defense.
Just done some research. Breathitt may have won and kept Estill from trying to get their first district championship but it also may have done Estill some good. Estill currently sits at 1-2 in district play, they would have to win both remaining games (morgan and KCC) which would put them at 3-2, Morgan and KCC both would be 1-3. They would need Breathitt to lose one more for a head to head tiebreaker which would go to Estill County with the out-of conference wins. Estill has beat Frankfort (1-6) and Gallatin County (3-8) to Breathitt County's 0 out of conference wins.

If it Estill and Breathitt ended up at a head-to-head tiebreaker then it would go like this

1. Powell County
2. Estill County
3. Breathitt County
4. Morgan or KCC

If it goes like that expect Breathitt wins their remaining district games then they would flip with Estill and be the 2 seed and Estill 3 seed.

Should be an interesting next few weeks to say the least.
Strikeout King Wrote:Just done some research. Breathitt may have won and kept Estill from trying to get their first district championship but it also may have done Estill some good. Estill currently sits at 1-2 in district play, they would have to win both remaining games (morgan and KCC) which would put them at 3-2, Morgan and KCC both would be 1-3. They would need Breathitt to lose one more for a head to head tiebreaker which would go to Estill County with the out-of conference wins. Estill has beat Frankfort (1-6) and Gallatin County (3-8) to Breathitt County's 0 out of conference wins.

If it Estill and Breathitt ended up at a head-to-head tiebreaker then it would go like this

1. Powell County
2. Estill County
3. Breathitt County
4. Morgan or KCC

If it goes like that expect Breathitt wins their remaining district games then they would flip with Estill and be the 2 seed and Estill 3 seed.

Should be an interesting next few weeks to say the least.

Head to head tie breakers are broken by the game between the two teams. Counting 4 wins only comes into play when dealing with a three team tie-breaker, in which the three teams have split games between themselves.
cats3x Wrote:Head to head tie breakers are broken by the game between the two teams. Counting 4 wins only comes into play when dealing with a three team tie-breaker, in which the three teams have split games between themselves.

Just seen it. Looks like the only hope for Estill to get out of 3 spot is for Breathitt to drop remaining two district games. Shpudl be an interesting next couple of weeks