Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fleming County 18 Russell 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final
Congratulations Fleming County on the win and the huge upset.
Can not believe this one. Congrats Fleming
Congrats Fleming.
Devils hard to watch in all phases. Congrats to Fleming. They muscled the Devils. Devils didn't give it away, Panthers took it.
How many turnovers did Russell have?
Fleming with only 112 yards of offense.

Russell a lot of penalties and turnovers. Only 202 yards of offense.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:How many turnovers did Russell have?
3 I think but not positive
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:How many turnovers did Russell have?

One interception returned 90 yards for a TD.
Wow...thats all i can really say
Congrats to the Panthers. Russell looked very bad tonight. Very costly turnover in the redzone. If they score and take the lead things may have went differently, but after the pick 6 momentum went to the Panthers. I also question going for it on 4th and 9 with plenty of time to get the ball back. Russell could have flipped the field and got a stop with a chance to win. Good win for Fleming County.
Really thought Russell would win this one easily, way to go on an impressive win Panthers.
Congrats, Panthers. I was too quick to award Russell the district after last week. Now it's been blown wide open. This was one of the most frustrating Russell games I've ever watched. That pick six was a back breaker for a team that couldn't execute on offense.

Any word on Conley? Hope he's OK.
This is the biggest upset I recall in the history of Russell football. It's akin to the Lewis game at home a few years ago. The only difference was that the program was on a downhill slide when that happened. It was seemingly headed in the right direction this year. So much for a home playoff slate. Better hope West Carter beats Fleming next week. The wheels fell off.
nekysportsfan Wrote:This is the biggest upset I recall in the history of Russell football. It's akin to the Lewis game at home a few years ago. The only difference was that the program was on a downhill slide when that happened. It was seemingly headed in the right direction this year. So much for a home playoff slate. Better hope West Carter beats Fleming next week. The wheels fell off.

I think this time next week you will have 4 teams at 2-1 with 2 left. It's anybody's district to win at that point.
Conley took over the Greenup and Ironton games this year. Without him, who knows how those games would have turned out? Hope it's nothing serious.
Russell's lack of offensive identity and balance came back to bite them tonight at the Hank. Give credit where it's due Fleming was not phased by all the pagentry that goes into a Russell football game at home. The season is not lost these seniors have to come together and make a decision to not let this hiccup turn into an avalanche. Russell must find some bread and butter plays on offense and develop a championship like toughness and tenacity on defense that so many great Russell teams in the past have shown. These kids are talented and play there hearts out but at some point the scheme has to change to accommodate the talent on both sides of the ball.
Didn't see that coming
They only gave up 112 yards of offense to Fleming County. I don't think there was anything wrong with that scheme.

Didn't play well. Lost the turnover battle. Fleming was fired up. Adds up to a bad loss.
wow.
Not 100% positive but I've heard Conley could be out for a couple weeks (shoulder) and Slone maybe 1 week (turf toe). All looked beat up last night. Can't blame game a lot on game conditions because FC played under the same conditions. Just wanted it more.
Russell was not ready for Fleming County. The pick six changed the whole game. Someone had better step up with Conley out. If I were the coach I would name Church the starter for next week and move McKee into Conleys place. Out other backs are ineffective due to poor blocking.
Who is favorite in district now?
DevilWatcher Wrote:Not 100% positive but I've heard Conley could be out for a couple weeks (shoulder) and Slone maybe 1 week (turf toe). All looked beat up last night. Can't blame game a lot on game conditions because FC played under the same conditions. Just wanted it more.

Jeepman Wrote:Russell was not ready for Fleming County. The pick six changed the whole game. Someone had better step up with Conley out. If I were the coach I would name Church the starter for next week and move McKee into Conleys place. Out other backs are ineffective due to poor blocking.

I wondered what happened to Conner. I hope it's just one week for him, but turf toe is one of those injuries that can linger for a while.

At the beginning of the season, I never would have thought I'd say this, but I wouldn't be opposed to a QB change right now. McKee's a great leader and a three year starter, but he's struggled this year. I don't think it's just his ankle injuries. I know the weather conditions last night didn't do him any favors, but the offense has looked disjointed all season. This team needs a shot in the arm.

Russell can still salvage this season by winning out and hopefully West Carter beats Fleming next week. I'm not sure what the tiebreaker is for a three way tie, but Russell at least has the tiebreaker over West.

Keep your heads up, Devils. There's still work to be done and a long way to go..
Devils looked terrible all around in this one. Conley is a major concern week to week because you either get a stout rb, or a marshmallow. Seems inconsistent. Devils appear to be getting g a little worse every week. I hope things turn around for them. Maybe the wing-t wasn't as "out of date" as TJ thought...
I thought Russell was supposed to be contending?
Ouch. Think the evils are going in reverse. Congrats to Fleming on the W. How many teams are in contention now for the district title?
Reddevil07 Wrote:Devils looked terrible all around in this one. Conley is a major concern week to week because you either get a stout rb, or a marshmallow. Seems inconsistent. Devils appear to be getting g a little worse every week. I hope things turn around for them. Maybe the wing-t wasn't as "out of date" as TJ thought...

Agree 100%
You guys at Russell wanted TJ...... good luck Hahahaha
In four years at Raceland I don't know of one game TJ won that the Rams wasn't supposed to win. If it was a toss up or the other team was a little better,the other team won every game.
Congrats to Fleming Co. Big win for the program. Does anyone know how a tie for the district championship would be decided ?
Pages: 1 2