Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky State Trooper Struck By Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the third time in a week, Kentucky State Police Post nine in Pikeville is investigating an incident involving one of there own.

Just after nine tonight, Trooper B.J. Caudill was hit by a car while on the scene of an accident on US 23 in the Harold Community of Floyd County. Caudill was rushed to Pikeville Medical Center where he is listed in stable condition. State police have talked to the driver that hit the officer and investigators are trying to determine if charges should be filed.

The accident happened just hours after we found out how a State Police detective found dead in his home Christmas morning died.
The Pike County Deputy Coroner says Detective Joey Howard had a heart attack. Howard was a sixteen- year veteran of the K-S-P. His visitation is tomorrow in Martin, and his funeral is Thursday. Howard's death came just five days after trooper Jonathan Leonard was killed in a car crash.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/5014632.html
Saw this on the news. As we always say it comes in 3's.
Yea Cat they do come in 3's. I just hate for all of there family's.
OMG..Tough week for the KSP family this week, especially at Pikeville Post 9!
yeah, I live here and am close to all those troopers because my brother is a trooper at post 13..it has been an extremely tough week here..cant imagine how hard it must be to go to work knowing your staff is thinning by the day. My heart goes out to all three families, and especially this being the holiday season..thoughts and prayers to all..
BJ is doing okay... He had to get some stitches in the back of his head .. I'm not sure what else it did to him... but I will keep him in my prayers
Its been a bad week for post 9. Keep them in ur prayers
Glad to hear he's doing ok. I'm sure he realizes more now than ever how lucky he was.
A State Police post grieving the loss of two officers in one week are suffering again after accident with a trooper. Officers say a car hit a trooper Tuesday night while he was working a car accident.

Already suffering the loss of two officers in a week, State Police Post 9 in Pikeville got another scare Tuesday night. Police say Trooper Billy Joe Caudill was working a two car accident on U.S. 23 when a teenage driver, struck Trooper Caudill.

Officers say Trooper Caudill was standing in the turn lane when 16 year old Ricky Rogers hit him while trying to get in the lane. Police say Trooper Caudill went to the hospital with several injuries. He was in stable condition, but has been upgraded to good.

"He's in good spirits. I guess it could have been a lot worse, but on a positive note, the injuries were not as severe," said Trooper Elliott Gollihue.

State Police are in shock another tragic accident happened, but say they are thankful Trooper Caudill is expected to recover.

"Anytime an officer will make a full recovery is a positive thing. In the midst of all the tragedy that has occurred here in Pikeville," said Trooper Don Trosper.

It's a time they've never been through.

"Pikeville Post has been through something I've never experienced before in my 13 years here and that's the loss of two troopers in a week and another injured trooper in the same week," Trooper Gollihue said.

But officers say despite it all, they are still doing their jobs.

"We deal with tragedies everyday and even though this is occurring to some of our own, we have to be here for the citizens of the state of Kentucky," Trooper Trosper said.

They're helping each other cope while they continue helping others.

Police say the teen, Ricky Rogers, and two other passengers in his car were not injured.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/5021456.html
I really hate that this happened. Its been a bad week for KSP Post 9.

My father and my brother are volunteer firefighters at Betsy Layne, where my dad is also an EMT. They were both working this vehicle accident, two women had hit eachother and everything was over, they were standing there waiting on the wreckers. Dad said this cop was standing about 15 feet away from him when he was hit, then him and my brother rushed over to him. Then the next thing he noticed, he said around ten other state troopers pulled onto the scene, he has no idea how they got there so quick, he said it was a matter of seconds.