Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel @ Whitley County 10/2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am going with NL again - I think they can come away with a W in this game. I like both of the QB's playing in this game, Woods the Sr. brings experience, confidence and ability - McWhorter brings eagerness, finesse and ability to the game. Nelson continues to lead the rushing game, the "O" line, for NL has been hard core this season. Best big blocking backs I have seen this year from any team take the field for North Laurel. Wishing both teams good luck and an injury free game! :Thumbs:
This is going to be a big stats game for North Laurel mcwhorter and Nelson and Whitley County Luke woods. :Cheerlead

North Laurel 56
Whitley County 35
JAGS. keep it going.
I think you're right on there 64, although I think it will be a little closer, something like 48-36 or thereabouts. Should be very entertaining. I love Woods, think he is just the classic great high school player who might not project as a high level college player because of his size, but gets it done every week. Nelson of North is very similar in that respect, a little undersized for the higher college levels, but a great high school back. Most everyone who saw McWhorter in middle school thought he was going to be a really good high school qb, but I don't know if they thought he would be this good this soon, especially running the ball.
Excellent posts, Van and 64. It'll be somewhere in the neighborhood of your guys scores. I look for lots of points. Better have a couple of extra fuses for the scoreboard.
Last year it was 48-34.. North
Will go with North 44-20
Ill guess lots of scoring.
Whitley isn't going to stop Norths run game, and if North has a bad night containing Woods, then Whitley may hang.

North has already beaten HC, and I don't see Letcher or Perry beating them so this may be there first district title since what 94? Or there abouts.

Only thing leaving a little hope out there is North hasn't played anyone. Im not sure if they really are that good or if its the other teams making them look that good.

Ill go North 42 Whitley 26
North Laurel - 38

Whitley County - 28
Whitley has struggled with physical teams this year. That describes North to a tee. A Larkey team lining up and running it down your throat.
Whitley County 21-14
North Laurel 2 TD better team than anyone in the district. North Laurel 38 Whitley 14
North Laurel 45-21
Jags have been looking good this season. The Cole McWhorter / Steven Nelson combo has been fun to watch with all the others the coaches have been mixing in from time to time as well. The O-Line of Gilpin, Boone, Oliver, Sherman and Lewis continues to do a nice job opening the holes along with Jake McWhorter & Matt Sizemore making some good blocks along the way. Luke Woods is the key to this game however, if he runs wild he keeps Whitley in it. Jags Defense needs to keep him in check. I believe the Jags Defense comes to play Friday night! Jags by 3 td's. God Bless & Go JAGS!!
Jim Black homecoming
E's Army Wrote:Jim Black homecoming
Forgot Jim was there...
Odd to see him and Coach Woods on opposite sides of the field. They had a nice run at Williamsburg.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ill guess lots of scoring.
Whitley isn't going to stop Norths run game, and if North has a bad night containing Woods, then Whitley may hang.

North has already beaten HC, and I don't see Letcher or Perry beating them so this may be there first district title since what 94? Or there abouts.

Only thing leaving a little hope out there is North hasn't played anyone. Im not sure if they really are that good or if its the other teams making them look that good.

Ill go North 42 Whitley 26

North is going to Run,run,run. I was hoping they would pass more this year....Larkey Fever :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:North is going to Run,run,run. I was hoping they would pass more this year....Larkey Fever :popcorn:

I predict you forget which team you want to support and end up at Perry Central's empty stadium.
Norths strong point is running the ball something Whitley has struggled stopping for the last few years. Jags will be running wild all night long. Woods will get his numbers but it won't be enough for Whitley to win.
WC 14
NL 31
pjdoug Wrote:I predict you forget which team you want to support and end up at Perry Central's empty stadium.
Confusednicker:
North 34 to 21
pjdoug Wrote:I predict you forget which team you want to support and end up at Perry Central's empty stadium.

This was only your second posts on this thread are you sure your're not lost :lmao:
He has just realized what we all knew, Whitley was all hype again.. they can only win in cupcake games.
north 42 Whitley 13
panther nation Wrote:He has just realized what we all knew, Whitley was all hype again.. they can only win in cupcake games.

Nope. There wasn't even hype this year Confusednicker:
panther nation Wrote:He has just realized what we all knew, Whitley was all hype again.. they can only win in cupcake games.

:oooo:
Colonels have come a long way this year but are not quite there yet. They need to clone Woods.
I guess Russell Co was a powerhouse last Friday huh?:lame:
I think North will continue to roll and win this game. Like someone mentioned they have a stable full of RB's and I do not think we have seen everything this team brings to a game yet! NL by 3 TDS.
North Laurel 28 Whitley Co 7
Pages: 1 2