Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Ten 1A games of week ending 9-26-15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for missing last week in 1a. It was just a really bad week for me. I really couldn't even get focused for my son's game and it was a rivalry game. I hope you all will understand. I am pleased to see that there are some really good games this week in 1a. I hope you enjoy this week's top ten.

1) Lexington Christian 2a @ Fairview 1a
Here we have a game between 2 teams that are trying to reassert themselves in their perspective classifications. Last year both finished in a pretty similar fashion. LCA finished up at 6-6 and Fairview at 7-5. Both teams are on pretty good rolls again this year as well and both have been ranked in the polls most of the year. LCA comes into this one at 4-1, which is much improved over last year. Fairview comes in at 3-2, while their record indicates about the same as last year, everyone feels they are better. This should be a good game to gauge just how improved these two are.

2) Bellevue 1a @ Bethlehem 1a
Here we have a game between 2 schools from the same classification that finished last year exactly the same way. Both finished up with records of 7-5. Bellevue, which traditionally has good seasons that just can't get past their conference foe Beechwood. Bethlehem also traditionally finishes up right in the cusp of things. This year Bellevue has posted a 2-3 record and Bethlehem is off to a good 3-1 start. This also should be a game to watch just to see where these 2 fall in the grand scheme of things.

3) Bourbon County 4a @ Paintsville 1a
Here we have a game where one of the premiere programs in 1a this year are stepping out of their comfort zone and going after a bigger school team with some success. These two teams finished up last year in pretty much the same fashion. Bourbon finished up at 9-4 and Paintsville at 10-3. Bourbon comes into this one at 2-2, but is the bigger school, apparently with more depth. Paintsville comes in on a roll with a perfect 5-0 record. This should be a great one to watch.

4) Webster County 2a @ Fulton County 1a
Here we have a game between two teams that need to find wins wherever possible. Both finished last year in similar fashion as Webster finished at 1-10 and Fulton County at 1-9. Both are in search of their first win this year as Webster comes in at 0-4 and Fulton Co at 0-5. This should be a fun one to watch as well. That is if you can dodge the mosquitos.

5) Nicholas County 1a @ Bishop Brossart 1a
Here we have a game between 2 teams that finished up last year in similar fashion and also have showed great signs of improvement this year. Nicholas County finished up last year at 2-9. They have already exceeded that by starting this year at 3-2. Bishop Brossart finished up at 1-8 last year at 1-8 and have also already exceeded that at 4-0 this year. This will be another good one to watch to see where these 2 should fall in the grand scheme of things.

6) Portsmouth West, Oh div II @ Raceland 1a
Here we have a great opportunity for a Ky team to hang one on that bunch from up north, where they think they invented football. Both had successful seasons last year. Portsmouth finished up at 7-4. Raceland finished 2014 at 11-3. Portsmouth is flying below the radar this year and needs this game to get back on track as they are 1-3 at this point. Raceland comes into this one a little disappointed themselves at 3-2, on what they felt was their season. This should be a good win for one of these two teams.

7) Crittendon County 1a @ Union County 3a
Here we have a game between 2 teams that are pretty familiar with each other. Both teams have had really successful years since the early 2000's but have fallen off the radar as of late. Both teams appear to be correcting that problem this year as well. Crittendon lost this game last year 12-42 enroute to a 4-7 season. Union Co finished up at 6-5, 1 game over 500 as a result of this game. This year both appear to be improved as they each have only lost once. Crittendon comes into this one at 4-1 and Union at 3-1. This game will tell us a lot about the two. This should be another good one to watch.

8) Adair County 3a @ Ky Country Day 1a
Here we have a game between a small school seeking out a larger school team with good success to try to get better. Adair fits the bill by finishing last year at 9-3. KCD finished up last year at 6-5. Adair comes into this one perfect at 5-0. KCD enters in an up and down year at 3-2. This would be a great win for KCD if they should pull it off.

9) Dayton 1a @ Bracken County 1a
here we have a game between 2 struggling programs that are struggling this year just as last. They both come into this one at 1-4, in need of a win. Bracken finished up last year at 0-11. Dayton finished up 2014 at 3-8. This should be a good game for one of these teams to build from.

10) Cov Holy Cross 2a @ Beechwood 1a
Here we have a game between 2 teams that finished up 2014 at opposite ends of the spectrum. HC finished up at 1-10 and Beechwood at 11-3. Beechwood crushed HC last year in this game by a score of 58-0. Holy Cross however appears to be righting the ship this year though, as they have already posted a 2-2 record. Beechwood comes in off a disappointing loss, which has left their fan base making several excuses about catches or no catches and rules violations. They hold a record of 3-1 at this point and are considered to be the team to watch for in 1a.

Well, there you go. I hope this week will be as much fun as it looks and I hope you all enjoy.
nice job as always
Thank you. I really miss Williamsburg being good. When they were good you could get lots of discussion on these threads.
Cant believe murray/Russellville didmt make list. Both ranked similar teams, and should be 1 of the states best games this week. Would love to see this game, and will check out gridiron glory for this games highlights as well.
I totally boneheaded on that one. I don't know how I missed it. Initially I had that one figured in the top 3 of each but somehow I forgot it.
mysonis55 Wrote:Thank you. I really miss Williamsburg being good. When they were good you could get lots of discussion on these threads.

Williamsburg is warming up Mysonis55......I think Confusederiously:
mysonis55 Wrote:I totally boneheaded on that one. I don't know how I missed it. Initially I had that one figured in the top 3 of each but somehow I forgot it.

I believe you when you say boneheaded. :Hammer3:
I liked game #1 and #3 mysonismissing1A55 Thanks again from the little schools across the state for your hard worked. :worthy::worthy::worthy: :insane:
I've said it many times before, I think the little schools get overlooked way too much. I would like to see the small schools start having challenges against some out of state powers just like they do on ESPN with the big schools. For instance a matchup between Mayfield with last 3 state titles in Ky 1a vs Union City, who has last 3 or so Tn small school titles. How neat would that be.