Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK vs Missouri 9/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mizzou comes to CWS with a 3-0 series lead since joining the SEC against the cats. UK opened as a 2.5 point favorite. Does the cats get on track or will it be another lackluster offensive performance?
I watched as much as I could stand of Missouri-UConn Saturday to try to get an idea of what Mizzou had. It was uglier than UK-Florida, believe it or not. The first team to kick a field goal may win this one Saturday night.
Mizz played here in Jonesboro against my Redwolves(sept 12th) and we had them down 17-3 and right before half are starting qb threw a pick and it was 17-10 at half.about 5 min into the 3rd are starting qb went out of the game and redshirt freshmen came in and played the rest of the game and since the offense changed some when he came in we didn't do much the 2nd half and Mizz came back and won 27-20. Towles is not a very good passer down field but if he can make half of them the Cats have a chance.i sure hope they do.GO CATS/ARKANSAS STATE
It's great to have Austin MacGinnis being able to make field goals when called upon.

But there is NO WAY we can compete in the SEC or think we are going to a bowl game if our offense can't score touchdowns.

We have played the 2nd half of the South Carolina game and the entire Florida game without a touchdown.

Saturday night was so aggravating.......
Florida's D-Line KILLED our O-Line.
Towels missed some passes.
Our receivers dropped some passes.
Our RB's couldn't get East-West on their secondary/LB's.
But I'm going with the Cats Saturday night.

I think the Offense comes out to prove a point against Missouri.
^^^I agree I think the offense has something to prove. Even more I think Dawson has something to prove with play calling. This team is better than what they was showing against Florida but the coaches and players have to learn to get on the same page. If the oline can't block they better be getting help with some tight ends or something.
Van Hagar Wrote:I watched as much as I could stand of Missouri-UConn Saturday to try to get an idea of what Mizzou had. It was uglier than UK-Florida, believe it or not. The first team to kick a field goal may win this one Saturday night.

:thatsfunn

I watched that game, too. Or at least it was one of three I was toggling between. I gotta agree with your assessment!
From the looks of things right now, Missouri Defense is ranked 3rd, Florida is ranked 11th. If something don't change this week, could be a long night come Saturday for the Cats.
You've got to be kidding!!!
Simply put Missouri sucks.
Lose this one and they should just go ahead and quit football.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Simply put Missouri sucks.
Agree they do, their offense is worse than ours but their D is pretty dang good. Like someone said earlier, field goal could win this game, at least we have a decent kicker.
number 10 and 91 from Mizz on defense are the ones to look out for,there defense is real deal..
UK 20
Mizoo 10
Most folks wont want to put too much pressure on the poor little puddy cats and call this a must win, but the way I see it if this bunch doesn't win this game they will at best finish 5-7 and will not go to a bowl once again...... Bottom line, a MUST win unless you are satisfied going 5-7, losing a 29th straight game to a rebuilding Fla and sitting at home in your recliner watching what seems like everyone in America playing in a bowl game.
^^^I agree. they really need this win. They're NOT beating UT, UGA, Miss. St, or Auburn, that's a four game skid right there. At this point Vandy will be a toss up, should win the EKU and Charlotte games, and I'm not holding my breath against Looserville, Stoops has a hard time with Petrino. Being 4-1 going into the meat of the schedule will help, but they have to beat mizzou first.
I'm going with Kentucky over Mizzou 17-10
Demarcus ware Wrote:^^^I agree. they really need this win. They're NOT beating UT, UGA, Miss. St, or Auburn, that's a four game skid right there. At this point Vandy will be a toss up, should win the EKU and Charlotte games, and I'm not holding my breath against Looserville, Stoops has a hard time with Petrino. Being 4-1 going into the meat of the schedule will help, but they have to beat mizzou first.

What have you seen out of Auburn and Miss St that makes you think those aren't winnable games? Tenn too for that matter.
FBALL Wrote:What have you seen out of Auburn and Miss St that makes you think those aren't winnable games? Tenn too for that matter.
Same thing Florida just showed you, more athleticism on the field. Auburn may be down but make no mistake about it, they are not down enough for UK yet. Miss st. Has Prescott we have Towles, you do the math. UT will be alot like last year's game, Hurd and Dobbs will have a good day.
Florida was winnable. So if that's what they showed me so are those other games.
Well sure any game on the schedule is winnable but actually doing it is another story, still don't have what it's going to take to do it. I see what you're saying, but it's just not going to happen.
I hope your wrong and I think you are.

This football program come a long way since Stoops arrived. Light years ahead of where they were. Facilities, players and coaching are greatly improved. Hopefully we keep progressing.
going to go the cats by a touchdown got to have a little faith boys go cats!!!!!! :lmao:
FBALL Wrote:I hope your wrong and I think you are.

This football program come a long way since Stoops arrived. Light years ahead of where they were. Facilities, players and coaching are greatly improved. Hopefully we keep progressing.
Don't get me wrong, I hope I'm wrong as well, but Saturday will tell us a lot. This Mizzou defense is no joke, even better than the florida team that just came in CWS and shut UK down for the most part. You can tell Dawson is losing confidence in Towles by his play calling, yes the O-line didn't help, yes there was a few drops, but when it comes right down to it, we just haven't turned that corner yet, in time I think they will but just not yet.
Who knows who Auburn will have as the QB by the time they come to CWS. They just benched Jeremy Johnson who was supposed to be their Heisman Candidate.
If the play calling don't get better then UK loses to a down Missouri team, if the offensive line couldn't block Florida's D line then they will really have troubles Saturday, and finally if Towles doesn't play above his abilities they will lose to the tigers. People can say what they want and blame the line, receivers dropping passes but his stats are just not very good. Look at the panic and fear in his face while he is out there. The stats for the games this season and the last part of the last season shows that he's just not an SEC quarterback.....If Towles is the best on the roster then Barker must be just horrible and his 4 stars was a gift by someone.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Simply put Missouri sucks.

I really want to agree on Missouri not being any good but I have thought that the last two years and they just find a way to somehow win football games in the SEC. Just a solid program that, let's not forget is the two time defending SEC East Champs and look even better than they have the last two years defensively.
I know we are all coaches and armchair quarterbacks on here Confusednicker: but serious question, can UK score more than a field goal Saturday? If this D is even tougher than the gators, and we are already 6 quarters without a touchdown, is it possible to play another game and not get in the end zone? and if not, what is going to change next week? Anyone following football would have to think if they don't score, something has to change.
If we can stop the edge rush somewhat from our tackles and the guards can get a small push I like our chances, that being said it hasn't happened yet especially in the second half. Dawson seems at this point to run between the tackles a lot and our receivers have dropped too many easy passes although some have been short rockets from Towles. He needs touch in certain plays but overall our defense have given us a chance to win. Hopefully Stoops is barking at Dawson this week and we are prepared to play. Go Cats ! We gotta have this game to go bowling !
Demarcus ware Wrote:I know we are all coaches and armchair quarterbacks on here Confusednicker: but serious question, can UK score more than a field goal Saturday? If this D is even tougher than the gators, and we are already 6 quarters without a touchdown, is it possible to play another game and not get in the end zone? and if not, what is going to change next week? Anyone following football would have to think if they don't score, something has to change.

From the sounds of how stout the Tiger defense is they may very well not score a TD in this game. Weak o-lines require quick passes and getting the ball quickly to play makers in space.

Don't see why this is so difficult to understand. If Towles can't make the quick pass and with accuracy it's time to give Barker a shot. If Towles struggles in the first half on Saturday I would play Barker for the second half.

I like what Meyer is doing at OSU with Jones and Barrett. No reason why Stoops and staff cannot do the same. And for the love of Pete get the ball to our RBs outside of the tackles whether sweeps or flare passes to the flat.

AND start recruiting some 4* lineman ( I'd say 5 but those guys are choosing other programs ) !!!! :Thumbs:

I'm going to stay glass half full for now. However, if the Cats continue to struggle against the likes of Mizzou and even EKU for that matter, we may be in for a long depressing season.

GO CATS...
I think the Wildcats bounce back beating Missouri 27-23.
Pages: 1 2