Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who's the most likely "Title Town" this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What town/county has the best chance to have 2 teams or more come out of the year with State Championships?

There's a lot of good candidates. Here's a few off the top of my head:

Paintsville 1a/Johnson Central 4a
S.Warren 4a/Bowling Green 5a
Pikeville 1a/Belfry 3a
Danville 2a/Boyle Co 3a
OB Catholic 2a/Owensboro 5a
Desales 2a/Central 3a/Fern Creek 5a/Male/Trinity/St X/Manual 6a
LCA 2a/Lex Catholic 3a/Bryan Station/Lafayette 6a
E'Town 3a/John Hardin 4a
Tilghman 3a/McCracken Co 6a
Raceland 1a/Ashland 4a

What say you?
If if happens, Pikeville & Belfry is the best bet to do it i believe.
Louisville and Lexington aren't "towns," and I would also disqualify any privates since their rosters aren't limited by the boundaries/jurisdictions that the rest of us adhere to.

That said, I think Bowling Green/South Warren have the best shot. Also, Danville/Boyle have an outside shot, as do Paintsville/Johnson Central, though neither are likely.
I think it's Paintsville/Johnson Central with the most likely chance to win it all in both.
Bowling Green/South Warren.

I give SW 50/50 vs JC. Paintsville...not so much.
Bowling Green- South Warren and Boyle County-Danville....if an Eastern Kentucky team wins a championship,it will be only one and that isn't likely.
pjdoug Wrote:Bowling Green- South Warren and Boyle County-Danville....if an Eastern Kentucky team wins a championship,it will be only one and that isn't likely.

Why do you think an Eastern team wont win a title is it because they are ....
killbilly usmc Wrote:Why do you think an Eastern team wont win a title is it because they are ....

mediocre at best :Thumbs:
So Louisville and Lex aren't "towns", but Bowling Green is?

Have any of you been to BG lately?

It only has 3 5A schools and a fast growing 4A school within its "town" boundaries.
Leonidas Wrote:So Louisville and Lex aren't "towns", but Bowling Green is?

Have any of you been to BG lately?

It only has 3 5A schools and a fast growing 4A school within its "town" boundaries.

I have and it is small compared to Lexington and Louisville.Owensboro is almost as big, but you make a good point.I'll add Trinity-DeSales just in case Smile
Id say Bowling green/South Warren, and also Desales/Male have a great shot to be title towns. Louisville would be a blind mans pick every year since 2a, 3a, and 6a has a strong representative from the ville.
pjdoug Wrote:I have and it is small compared to Lexington and Louisville.Owensboro is almost as big, but you make a good point.I'll add Trinity-DeSales just in case Smile

I'd add Whitley if we weren't talking about winning titles.
Leonidas Wrote:I'd add Whitley if we weren't talking about winning titles.

Whitley wasn't on the list but Corbin is in Whitley County and you are :lame:
Leonidas Wrote:I'd add Whitley if we weren't talking about winning titles.

I'll add Belfry to the list when they get some players that are actually from Kentucky.
While you're busy trolling your wife is sexting me, I wouldn't mention it but she's hideous and I'd like for you to make her stop.
Raceland and Ashland are in different counties (Raceland is in Greenup County and Ashland is in Boyd County) so I don't think this paring meets criteria. A better pairing would be Raceland and Russell. Raceland has a tough region and Russell has Belfry standing in front of them and it will be a challenge just for one to make it all the way. Thus, the odds of both making it are not very high. As far as Ashland goes, they still have to beat a Johnson Central team that has owned them in the past few years.
Leonidas Wrote:While you're busy trolling your wife is sexting me, I wouldn't mention it but she's hideous and I'd like for you to make her stop.

that shows your inability to distinguish fantasy from reality:closeenough:
Leonidas Wrote:While you're busy trolling your wife is sexting me, I wouldn't mention it but she's hideous and I'd like for you to make her stop.

PM me her # I don't cull anything.
killbilly usmc Wrote:PM me her # I don't cull anything.

Confusednicker:
Louisville
1DeSales , Christian Academy
2 Central
3 fern creek
Male , Trinity , St X , Manual
1A. Johnson Central/Paintsville

1B. Belfry/Pikeville

I think Johnson Central has the best chance to bring home a championship to the mountains this year. Belfry has a good shot as well, but Boyle County will be a much tougher team, than anyone Johnson Central will face, IMO. I think both Paintsville and Pikeville have an excellent shot at getting to the finals, but it will be an uphill battle beating Beechwood. If I had to pick one team, it would be Kash and the Tigers.
Jefferson County and Warren County hands down, when talking at least 2 teams.