Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: St. Xavier 37 Highlands 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dang! Thoughts? Maybe they can ask to drop back down to 4A for rest of year. Central beats St. X and St. X lays thumping on the Birds. Makes one think.Confusedhh:
I'm not shocked about the score. Confusednicker:
I don't know why they want to play up, especially this year, and im even more puzzled why Cov Cath wants too.
5A is much stronger than 4A overall this year and should be for this entire 4 year alignment. You take a school like Highlands that's bordering 3A and they play up to 5A and for what? Its all fine and good when youre beating everyone but I don't know why you would now.
Its even more confusing as to why Cov Cath follows them around like a little lap dog just to get beat down every year. Cov Cath should have definitely stayed in 4A.
I don't think Highlands or Cov,Cath would survive 3A this year. People said it,was,,weak last year, I do,t agree and its even stronger this year.
^
Boyle would put a running clock on both of them this year.
I honestly believe Belfry could to. Not saying they would but at this point right now in the season Belfry would beat them by 3 scores. That's saying something.
Johnson Central would be the best team in 4A with, or without Covington Catholic and Highlands, South Warren would be the second best, and Ashland would be number 3. If Boyle County and Lexington Catholic had also remained in 4A, neither Covington Catholic or Highlands would be top 5 teams this season. Highlands and Covington Catholic were smart to move up this season, although I don't think that one of the teams did so voluntarily.
X is back on track. Congrats to X.
Crossbones Wrote:I don't think Highlands or Cov,Cath would survive 3A this year. People said it,was,,weak last year, I do,t agree and its even stronger this year.

3a is way stronger this year. You cant honestly say it was last year. When your 3a champ got spanked by a 1a team that was bounced in the 2nd round it says something. 5a was even weaker. This year agree with the other fellar about teams like Belfry, Boyle, South Warren being able to crush Highlands this year. Just a down year every team has 1 so I wouldn't celebrate to much they will be back stronger than ever. Honestly think Highlands would have a hard time winning a title in 2a this year. Don't even think they would be that heavily favored over Beechwood this year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I don't know why they want to play up, especially this year, and im even more puzzled why Cov Cath wants too.
5A is much stronger than 4A overall this year and should be for this entire 4 year alignment. You take a school like Highlands that's bordering 3A and they play up to 5A and for what? Its all fine and good when youre beating everyone but I don't know why you would now.
Its even more confusing as to why Cov Cath follows them around like a little lap dog just to get beat down every year. Cov Cath should have definitely stayed in 4A.

I agree. But it does give all these usually mediocre 4A teams a chance to blow about what they would do to FTH or CovCath- if they just had the chance. Manure is cheap and 4A is extremely weak.
killbilly usmc Wrote:3a is way stronger this year. You cant honestly say it was last year. When your 3a champ got spanked by a 1a team that was bounced in the 2nd round it says something. 5a was even weaker. This year agree with the other fellar about teams like Belfry, Boyle, South Warren being able to crush Highlands this year. Just a down year every team has 1 so I wouldn't celebrate to much they will be back stronger than ever. Honestly think Highlands would have a hard time winning a title in 2a this year. Don't even think they would be that heavily favored over Beechwood this year.

A 9 point win with a last min touchdown is not spanked. Teams have off night, even the mighty Mayfield got beat but does not mean they are weak. Last night Belfry spanked Pikeville. Last year was a close game all the way till the end. And yes, 3A was not weak last year, at least at the top they were not. At the end of the year Belfry would have done same thing they did this year.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I agree. But it does give all these usually mediocre 4A teams a chance to blow about what they would do to FTH or CovCath- if they just had the chance. Manure is cheap and 4A is extremely weak.
4A is top heavy and weak overall, but Highlands and CovCath would both have a tough time advancing in the 4A playoffs this year, even if their teams were on par with last year's squads. Unfortunately for them, their 2015 teams are above average at best.

Exhibit 1 is Johnson Central's dominating road win over the Knights. Exhibit 2 is Lexington Catholic's win over Covington Catholic, despite the Knights' star quarterback being sidelined with an injury. Exhibit 3 is the Knights' 41-0 road win over 6A Madison Central. At this point in the season, it appears that Highlands is even worse than CovCath.

I think both Ashland and Johnson Central would have been playing for the regional championship this fall. It is not their fault that CovCath and Highlands bolted to 5A.
Crossbones Wrote:A 9 point win with a last min touchdown is not spanked. Teams have off night, even the mighty Mayfield got beat but does not mean they are weak. Last night Belfry spanked Pikeville. Last year was a close game all the way till the end. And yes, 3A was not weak last year, at least at the top they were not. At the end of the year Belfry would have done same thing they did this year.
Come on man. Even I will admit that 3A was weak last year. Although this year not so much. I do believe it will come down to Boyle and Belfry with Boyle winning it. As for the bluebirds, it's a down year, it happens but they will bounce back.
Congrats to X. Next up for the birdies-SK. Can't wait till Friday.
Crossbones Wrote:A 9 point win with a last min touchdown is not spanked. Teams have off night, even the mighty Mayfield got beat but does not mean they are weak. Last night Belfry spanked Pikeville. Last year was a close game all the way till the end. And yes, 3A was not weak last year, at least at the top they were not. At the end of the year Belfry would have done same thing they did this year.

I was told last year a 7 point win was a spanking by Belfry fans. So why wouldn't a 9 point win be a spanking ? 2 sets of rules I guess.
luke skywalker Wrote:Come on man. Even I will admit that 3A was weak last year. Although this year not so much. I do believe it will come down to Boyle and Belfry with Boyle winning it. As for the bluebirds, it's a down year, it happens but they will bounce back.

Finally a 3a fan with some honesty. Belfry fans cant stand the fact that they won it in a down year. Ive heard over and over how Tilghmans win in 09 was in a weak year, but they cant stand it when someone says they won it in a down year. Yes this year is much stronger in 3a.
Belfry won it the year before also.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I was told last year a 7 point win was a spanking by Belfry fans. So why wouldn't a 9 point win be a spanking ? 2 sets of rules I guess.

Fans? Maybe a fan, but fans?
Crossbones Wrote:Fans? Maybe a fan, but fans?

Yes fans plural. Leonadis was the only one not to. Was told the 7 point win over Central was dominating. Guess the Belfry fans on the edge of there seats as Central was going for the game winning td from the 10 as time expired had a short memory, because it was a dominating victory by the time they got back to pond creek. Pikeville won by 9 last year so yes it was even more dominating than the 7.Confusednicker:
Wish I could do a sign on here. Instaed of You have been served as 64 says. Mine would be you have been trolled.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Finally a 3a fan with some honesty. Belfry fans cant stand the fact that they won it in a down year. Ive heard over and over how Tilghmans win in 09 was in a weak year, but they cant stand it when someone says they won it in a down year. Yes this year is much stronger in 3a.

both are weak and the whole state is weak.high school football in this state is .......
pjdoug Wrote:both are weak and the whole state is weak.high school football in this state is .......

WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for showing up fellow troller to handle my lite work.:welcome:
killbilly usmc Wrote:WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for showing up fellow troller to handle my lite work.:welcome:

they couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag.