Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #2 Paintsville 39 Williamsburg 15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Congratulations Tigers!
Congrats to Tigers.
Congratulations Paintsville glad this game is over. Now I think Williamsburg will begin to win some games. :popcorn:
How did Kash do tonight? GBB!
Congrats Coach Chirico and the Tigers!!!!
Almost as expected, Williamsburg has nice talent and reacts to the ball quick and will be a foctor in the coming years , congrats to Paintsville on another win TongueirateSho
The score doesn't show it but Williamsburg played hard the whole game never giving up. My hats off to those boys. Good win Tigers.
Williamsburg played hard, Paintsville is a good team. Let me just say this... Jackets missed a prime opportunity last night catching Paintsville on their heels and maybe a little asleep. Jackets had a good defensive scheme, Paintsville had some timely turnovers, but Jackets couldn't produce the offense needed at the right times. Some bright spots for the Orange Jackets though. Score got much wider margin later in the game... Paintsville better clean up the special teams.
I'm also wondering..... Is #15 really a D1 SEC type player...???? not picking on the kid.. Did he just not really go all out last night?
BigMelon63 Wrote:The score doesn't show it but Williamsburg played hard the whole game never giving up. My hats off to those boys. Good win Tigers.

Congrats to Paintsville...
Melon did Wburgs scores come against the JV team...
baller1989 Wrote:I'm also wondering..... Is #15 really a D1 SEC type player...???? not picking on the kid.. Did he just not really go all out last night?

Steve Spurrier and Mark Stoops think so and thats pretty much all that matters…..as for the rest of us, time will tell.
The first score didn't but the second score and safety did.
Paintsville did not play good ball last night , Williamsburg clearing wanted it just didnt have the team to do it . From here on out Paintsville can not play like the did last night . It is time to turn it up the heat from here on out . :Cheerlead
I'll trust Stoops judgment
Wtg Tigers
Congrats Paintsville!
:Thumbs:
baller1989 Wrote:Williamsburg played hard, Paintsville is a good team. Let me just say this... Jackets missed a prime opportunity last night catching Paintsville on their heels and maybe a little asleep. Jackets had a good defensive scheme, Paintsville had some timely turnovers, but Jackets couldn't produce the offense needed at the right times. Some bright spots for the Orange Jackets though. Score got much wider margin later in the game... Paintsville better clean up the special teams.

The punting game was a disaster. They already had a new punter who had never held a football before, let alone caught a snap facing a rush, and punted it. Their long snapper limped off, and never came back in the game. So they tried two different replacements that failed miserably. The coaches need to get some back ups in place. That could have been a difference maker in a closer game.
E's Army Wrote:I'll trust Stoops judgment
His judgement is questionable at times :biggrin:
Losing Harrison hurt the Jackets up front. He is a stabilizing influence for the Oline. Though only a sophomore he is the kid who directs traffic. I believe he was the long snapper.
baller1989 Wrote:I'm also wondering..... Is #15 really a D1 SEC type player...???? not picking on the kid.. Did he just not really go all out last night?

Well, imo, its hard to decifer alot of that, especially for D1 kids on 1A ball teams. The competition just isnt there for them to face off with other D1 tallent. But, for what it is worth, he had 145 rushing, 210 passing/1 int and 4 total touchdowns and had 8 tackles on defense. On the season he had around 900 yards from scrimmage on his own and 15 touchdown through 5 games to go along with 2 fumbles and 64 tackles defensively. But, in their one challenge of a game against Pikeville, his numbers were: 65 yds/1 TD rushing and 49 yds/2 TDs passing and 23 tackles defensively.

So to answer your question, imho, is he a D1 quarterback? Not by any stretch. He has the size, but if used offensively is likely a TE or FB at the college level, he is a little T-Bow-esk in his arm strength, mechanics, and release.

Now, defensively? Hands down he is a D1 athelete and deserves all the credit and attention he has gotten. He single handedly beat Pikeville. Had his hand in on every TD and had 23 total tackles and when he came out of the game, it was obvious. If Paintsville wants to challenge for the district/region snd a shot at Bowling Green they will have to do on the shoulders (very large and bad ass football player shoulders mind you) of no 15 Kash Money Daniel. Have always liked this kids attitude and work ethic. Just a damn good football player.
Kash is doing what he's doing by sheer effort. The well coached teams like Raceland, Pikeville and Williamsburg are bringing their safties up to stop Kash+Phelps. They are outnumbered running the ball. Paintsville has one of the best recievers around in Trimble but don't give him the ball. He's constantly open down the field. 0 catches vs Raceland. 1 catch vs Williamsburg where he exploded for about 20yds after the catch. Williamsburg played ZERO safties the entire game and not once did Painstville try to hit Trimble on a post/corner/double moves or run pick routes.
Paintsville has the talent to play for a state championship. If they continue giving him the ball especially deep 1-2 times a game they will have nail bitters with Raceland/Pikeville/Beechwood. If they start throwing to him down the field 8-12 times a game it will open the whole offense up like it did when they dominated LCA. The Freshman on the other side can go get it too. It's what got them back in the Pikeville game. Screens are nice but Paintsville can be a nightmare matchup if they develope a verticles passing game getting safties away from the line of scrimmage. Kash is as physical running Qab as there is in KY. Kent is 1 of the best backs around.?Kash and kent have been good vs 9 in the box. Imagine vs 5/6 in the box! You've got a 4 year starting wide reciever who's 1 of the best anound catching and has run in multiple state track meets. 1 carry 1 game 45yd TD. Multiple interceptions again already this year. He can fly, can catch, experience and goes up and gets the ball!Use him! Not just on 3rd down either. He catches 7 or so balls a game that offense will explode! As for the Kash question he's dragging the whole opposing team every game! Incredible will power. Be scary if they develope a 3-4 headed monster with more balance!
Reminds me of the kid Raceland had last year. Hard to stack the box because that kid opened Everything up. Paintsville also runs so much they need some bootleg plays.
Punting game was bad. I think they'll clean that up. Kickoff kicker is a game changer! Huge for field position!
Defense has been very opportunistic keeping them in games. This was a 14-6 game 2 min before the half. Paintsville was much more athletic.
This Paintsville team can compete for a state championship. I'm afraid if they don't develop a deep passing game and continue to let safties play up in the run game it will be tougher. They have 2 play making recievers. Need to get them the ball especially Trimble deep!
This is a great staff and great group of kids. I think they'll figure it out.
Have to tip the cap to Williamsburg. Great gameplan and their kids play hard!
I agree Trimble is one of the best players on the team and he needs to be utilized more often than he is . He has a explosive running game and I am always impressed when I see him play . I have seen numerous time when he has been wide open and is never given the ball . He is a good kid too . :Thumbs:
Just read where Paintsville is ranked number one in the AP Class A poll. Is this the first time they have ever been ranked number one in their class ? Congrats Paintsville TongueirateSho
TigerBlues Wrote:Just read where Paintsville is ranked number one in the AP Class A poll. Is this the first time they have ever been ranked number one in their class ? Congrats Paintsville TongueirateSho
Probably the first time since the late 70's or mid 80's. Congrats to Coach Chirico and the Tigers!
Congrats Tigers pretty awesome what's going on there! It's also pretty crazy you have 2 number 1 teams in the same county. That been done elsewhere? Somerset/Pulaski? Beechwood with anybody? Danville/Boyle maybe. Pretty cool feat! Congrats to all involved!
yeah Bigcat, I'm sure it has. Happy for you all.. Good Times in Johnson County for sure. I would venture to say Williamsburg and Corbin, Corbin & Whitley, etc., at one time, Corbin, Whitley & Williamsburg were all ranked I know top 5 of their classes and this was about 3-5 yrs ago.
Bigcat Wrote:Congrats Tigers pretty awesome what's going on there! It's also pretty crazy you have 2 number 1 teams in the same county. That been done elsewhere? Somerset/Pulaski? Beechwood with anybody? Danville/Boyle maybe. Pretty cool feat! Congrats to all involved!

The first one that comes to mind is Louisville Central and Trinity. But that's a different situation, still impressive nonetheless. Desales is also typically towards the top in their class. Wouldn't shock me at all if Louisville had 3 schools ranked #1 in their respective classes at one time.

As for any other part of the state I'm not sure. Maybe Bell Co and Middlesboro in their prime? Pikeville and Belfry maybe? For sure some of your Northern Kentucky teams, but again that's similar to the situation in Louisville. Boyle County and Danville have won state championships in the same season 3 different times.