Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lucasville Valley 28 Raceland 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Raceland made this a very competitive game.
I was hoping Raceland would win this game, I hate Ohio teams!
Good showing against a good Ohio team.:Thumbs:
Sounded like a really good back and forth battle. I think the cogs are starting to fall into alignment and the Raceland offense is starting to find their identity.
Scotty I told you your Rams would play well.
Goad i was wrong!!! Goina watch it once its archived...hope it is. I didnt get a chance to watch it
Very good game between two good teams! Raceland played their best game so far in the season tonight they just fell a little short. There are still some things to work on but tonight this team was night and day from the one that we saw against West Carter a few weeks ago. Things seem to be gelling well and I look forward to seeing them come district time.
Just from looking at Jarons updates Raceland lost a heartbreaker. :popcorn:
Our DB's have zero discipline. And couldn't cover me. 24 for Valley other than Baker is the best player we will see this year. That dude was unreal until he got hurt.
We played better offensively tonight and the front 7 did well. Our secondary is horrible. Biting on pump fakes every time and peeking into the backfield on play action. Valley left 3 TDs on the field because of dropped balls.
Good game to watch Raceland played great at times offense looked much much better , I agree with Ram-A-Devil valley exposed a couple players in the defensive backfield even when #24 was out hurt valley had receivers open every play . The safteys looked slow and db played scared , never seen a defensive player let a running back run past him then try and jump on his back instead of hitting him head on , he's to timid to play varsity
I saw that play as well. Instead of hitting the guy in the legs he jumped on his back and rode him into the end zone.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Our DB's have zero discipline. And couldn't cover me. 24 for Valley other than Baker is the best player we will see this year. That dude was unreal until he got hurt.

#15?
Nope.
I would rate Valley just a notch below Ashland. Very good team. QB is very good. 24 was the man out there until he got hurt. We has no answer for that guy. Even when we had good coverage on him he just went up over us and caught the ball anyway.
BlueCrew34 Wrote:#15?

15 is just one guy. Better come with more than him.
Just watched what little bit i could, the video kept skilling and bumping around, but we looked alot better offensively. Like seeing Jamison get a few more receptions...it paid off. I think he could potentially be our clutch guy for a 1st down and a big answer in the redzone. Nathaniel looked more like his old self, i think his ankle is healing up now, all the backs seemed to run hard. Our secondary was exposed, but hey, we really needed it, thats what these games are for. Also, we were in a ball game that many, myself included, werent giving us a chance in. Another week of an OH team, Portsmouth West, then onto Lawrence County and the Dalton Brothers. Happy we played better tonight, got some work to do in the secondary and I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish we woukd start going from undercenter from inside the 5 and get Bailey Walker running down hill behind Snyder, Wallace, Carmen, and Manis on some ol BTR 35 and 36 blasts. Valley left points on the field, but we had two chances to put points on the board as well. We looked a heck of alot better tonight though. Very proud of the program. Feeling better about the weeks ahead now, I think we will be darn good come district/playoff time.
Did Raceland stick to the running game in this one?
Pretty balanced, in comparison. Nathaniel Davidson getting healthy is a huge boost and Snyder is looking like the bsck he was last year running down hill and we have alot of quickness upfront now. Reece Hall is pretty mobile and strong, but just didnt have the quickness on pulls. Moving Jared Manis to tackle and putting Wallace back at gaurd was a good move. Reece still adds delth though and can spell anyone at any given time which is a huge bonus. Idk about the other backs, but according to ADI, Nathaniel had 17 carries for 113 yards and 2 TDs to go with 105 yards passing and Snyder finished with 85. Kyle Jamison had a nice 10 yard reception than he turned into a 30 or so yard gain. The line looks quicker, the backs hitting holds quicker and a healthy Davidson is a huge boost and our offense is starting to find itself.

We really needed to see a team that coukd throw to see just what our young secondary was made of. Rolfe is a really accurate dual threat QB and #24 for Valley is a helluva athelete. Our secondary needs some work, but we hadnt seen a team that could effecientky throw the football. They will learn and come around, but they need to toughen up against the run as well.

I like what I saw in the film I got to watch. We r making strides and I think by district time, we will be who I thought we would. Proud of our boys tonight. Night and day difference from the team that took the field in week 1 and week 2. Hope this particular series continues with Valley.
What happened to Carson Christian?
Still there, I cant really put my finger on the backfield situation. All I know is things are looking better and better. Proud of the work these boys have done in turning things around offensively.
All the backs are running hard. Tonight was Nathaniel and Kanes night, last week was Kanes night, the first two weeks we relied more on Carson and Bailey. We have alot of options, good problem to have.
I do think that Davidson is our game changer though. Still not 100% healthy, but even at 80-90% he provided over 200 all purpose yards and 2 TDs.
This is a good result for Raceland. The Rams have a tough schedule the rest of the way. Should be fun for Raceland fans to watch.
BlueCrew34 Wrote:#15?

15 didn't leave the sideline
I said Raceland was close now they are closer making huge strides in this game , the line was opening holes Kane and Nathaniel were hitting them , play calling was very good like the shots downfield to loosen things up Nathaniel put a beautiful pass right on Cameron if he keeps running it's a 70 yard touchdown but he slowed down and the ball was just out of reach sophomore mistake which he will learn from. More short pass's liked that a lot . Now they need to build ion this and keep getting better, fix the secondary really think they might have to make some changes like moving kids around some things you can fix with coaching others you can't
Raceland is rounding out. They are getting ready to make a nice run once district play starts.
Go ahead